ALL >> Health >> View Article
Beauty By The Books: Three Great New Plastic Surgery & Cosmetics Instructionals
It also includes scores of books, videos, websites, DVDs and other multimedia resources designed to teach consumers about new procedures and products. Three new books on the beauty book market caught our eye for their information, instruction and inspiration.
Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself - Released just last month, Francois Nars' Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself ($45, slipcased spiral-bound hardcover) is 210 pages of the how-tos from one of the most respected and imitated cosmetics designers and makeup artists in the industry today.
Says one reviewer: "Employing Nars's own before and after makeover photographs of a variety of models of all different ages, races, and skin tones—and combining these images with the designer's instructional sketches on transparent overlays—this volume is the definitive do-it-yourself guide for anyone interested in the transformative power of cosmetics."
Skintervention: The Personalized Solution for Healthier, Younger and Flawless-Looking Skin - Released in January, Scott-Vincent Borba's Skintervention ($14.95, paperback) is a book about rethinking your routine, switching from an outside-in perspective to an inside-out one. The first 50 pages help readers identify their skin types and individual skin issues. Then, in a chapter titled "Eating Your Way to Gorgeous," Borba, who also founded a skincare and neutraceutical brand, discusses "padding your pantry" with healthy oils, keeping skin-friendly snacks like acne-reducing red berries on hand throughout the day, and the power of juicing your meals for a quick shot of essential vitamins and minerals. Seemingly suspect tricks also are included. Who knew that holding an ice cube on the roof of your mouth with your tongue reduces under-eye puffiness? Readers say it works like a charm.
Just Faces: A Guide to Facial Plastic Surgery - Written by Drs. Phillip and Roberto Garcia, both double board-certified facial plastic surgeons, Just Faces serves as a guide for anyone considering facial plastic surgery or related cosmetic procedures. But it's not just the patient who benefits. The book is designed to help patients as well as their family members and caretakers through the process, from preparation to procedure to post-operative treatment and activities. Pre-op to post-op instructions cover every factor that can help or hinder results, including medications to stop taking, foods to avoid and skincare rules to follow. The book also discusses the importance of having reasonable expectations and a solid emotional foundation before opting for plastic surgery. Just Faces is free of charge to patients and prospective patients of Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery near Jacksonville, FL (904-247-8522).
As double Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Dr. Phillip and Roberto Garcia of Garcia Facial Plastic Surgery and Reviva Medical Spaare specialists in plastic reconstructive and cosmetic surgery for aging face procedures, rhinoplasty (nasal surgery), and eyelid plastic surgery.
Health Articles1. Is Surgery The Only Last Resort For Tennis Elbow? – Opt For Regenerative Treatment
Author: Medica Stem Cells
2. Never Be Worried About Foot & Ankle Injuries
Author: Dr. Arunava Lala
3. Are You Losing Your Motivation After Lockdown To Begin Your Workout To Maintain Your Fitness? Here I
4. Tooth Implants – Important Instructions To Follow Before & After Surgery
Author: Paulo pinho
5. Here’s How Dental Implants Give You The Prettiest Smile
Author: Paulo pinho
6. 7 Types Of Wheelchair Ramps And Their Uses
7. Are You Worried About Your Mental Health? Tms Therapy Can Help
Author: Jason pace
8. How Does Depression Affect The Quality Of Life And What Can You Do?
Author: Jason pace
9. Essential Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
Author: Ibhar Hugoz
10. Enjoy Significant Health Advantages With The Ketogenic Diet
11. Artvigil Pills For Narcolepsy- Buy Artvigil Online Without Prescription To Treat Sleep Apnea
12. What Are The Most Common Orthopedic Issues & Treatment For It?
Author: Dinesh Kumar
13. 7 Things You Can Do To Improve The Health And Wellness Of Your Parents
14. Setting Up A Home Gym: What To Invest In First
15. What Is The Right Dosage Of Gabapentin For Neuropathic Pain Relief? Gabapentin 300mg Pills