ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Simple Steps To Wine Decanting
Decanters are a great investment that greatly increases the enjoyment of a wine. Surprisingly enough, a decanter will also help to increase the visual appeal in the color of the wine itself too as it enhances the beautiful golden amber hues of white wine and the ruby or burgundy tones of red wine. In addition, as the wine breathes, a decanter enhances the smell of the wine’s amazing aromas. A decanter builds the anticipation of a first taste that is full of intense flavor and aroma.
Before you begin decanting wine, it is important to note that special bottles of wine that may have been stored for 15 years or longer should not be decanted. Such bottles of wine are more fragile and are more prone to be quickly damaged by exposure to oxygen. Wine of this nature should be enjoyed immediately after they have been slowly poured into a glass while watching for sediment.
Decanting wine can be done in six easy steps
1. Select a bottle of wine.
2. Inspect your wine decanter to be sure that it is clean and dry.
3. If a bottle of red wine has been selected that has sediment, be sure to keep the ...
... bottle upright for at least 24-36 hours before opening.
4. The wine should be chilled to its optimal serving temperature: 45ºF- 50ºF for white wines and 52ºF - 65ºF for red wines.
5. After the wine has been chilled, pour it slowly into the decanter to aid the aeration process. Red wines that are less than 15 years old, should especially be slowly poured. As the red wine is being poured it is important to watch for sediment that flows into the neck of the bottle. Pouring should stop as soon as you begin to see sediment or cloudy colored wine. It is likely that there will be between half an inch to an inch of wine left in your bottle.
6. Wine should be allowed to decant for at least 30 minutes. Don’t be afraid to sample wine at different time intervals to see what taste works best for you.
Don’t worry about feeling the need to finish the bottle of wine right away. The wine can be stored in the decanter with the help of a stopper. You can also return the unused portion of the wine to its original bottle. Be sure that a vacuum pump is used to extract the air from the opened bottle if you choose to return the unused portion of wine to its original bottle. It is recommended that you consume the wine within about two or three days after it is initially opened.
If you’re in the Temecula area sometime soon, be sure to take time to experience a Temecula wine tasting at a wonderful Temecula winery like Ponte Winery. Ponte Winery offers its guests a beautiful tasting room for you and your friends to enjoy a relaxing day filled with delectable wine.
As one of the finest Temecula wineries, Ponte Winery is the place to be. In addition, Ponte Winery is proud to be a green winery as they do everything they can to a sustainable winery. For more information on Ponte Winery, visit their website today!
Travel Articles1. Gujarat Itinerary
2. Gujarat Tourism Package
3. Ahmedabad To Dwarka Tour Package
4. Dwarka Somnath Tour Package From Ahmedabad
5. These London Spots Have Been Named Some Of The Best Places To Live In The Uk For 2023
Author: firenews feed
6. Book Ooty Kodaikanal Tour Package From Hyderabad
Author: Ooty Kodaikanal Tour Packages
7. Top 30 Places To Visit In Abu Dhabi
Author: John Mullar
8. Decorative Cars For Wedding In Hyderabad
Author: Fizaah Groups
9. Reasons For Moving To Bangalore
Author: Packers And Movers
10. Recommended Packers And Movers In Bangalore
Author: Packers And Movers
11. 3 Day Trip To Gujarat
12. Diu Tour
13. Shuttle From Houston To Galveston | Houston To Galveston Shuttle
Author: Shuttle from Houston to Galveston | Houston to Ga
14. 5 Best Weekend Getaways With Friends
Author: Pia Blunt
15. Exploring Jaipur In A Day – How To Make The Most Of Your Same-day Jaipur Tour By Train