ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Thank You, Transpose Formula!
I bet you've been here: Hundreds of tables to be downloaded from the internet, and a report that has to be delivered yesterday. It has got to be error-free, of course, along with being well formatted, neatly laid out and in a standardized layout that brooks no exceptions. And you've just about finished figuring out all your data sources, and are getting ready to prepare the final report when you notice (dear me!) that your base data files has data in this layout:
And of course the standardized layout requires them to be laid out top to bottom, rather than left to right.
Much weeping, and perhaps an occasional joust of head butting with the wall - that would be the standard response, right?
Wrong! Not when your friendly spreadsheet software with the comforting green logo is around - this sounds like a job for Microsoft excel training courses.
For the Transpose function within Microsoft Excel, actually.
Doing this using the transpose function is just a little bit tricky, but pay a little attention, and you should be able to pull this rabbit out of the hat! First up, select a range of cells that does not overlap with the original range - make user that the dimensions are the same as the original, but reversed.
In other words, there are two rows and twelve columns here, so your new range should have two columns and...
you guessed it... twelve rows.
Enter the following formula (you want to, of course, adjust the numbers shown to suit your requirements)
Umm, whoops. That didn't quite work out, now did it? But hey, help's only a click away. Selecting the first column, and formatting the cells in the data format will have you with your data just the way you wanted.
And off you go! That should help you get home on time after all.
There's a much, much easier way to do this as well - it involves using some nifty Paste Special commands - and that's what we'll talk about the next time around. In the meantime, feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below!
ExcelEverest.com sells an interactive spreadsheet excel lesson that's built right into an Excel file. It covers 41 topics and has 155 exercises, 339 buttons, and 87 embedded videos. For more related articles please visit http://www.exceleverest.com/blog/.
Computers Articles1. Top 5 Text Editors To Install On Windows 10
Author: Augustine Bayer
2. How To Connect Hp Deskjet 4152 To Wireless Router
Author: flexi answers
3. 7 Benefits Of Custom Mobile App Ui/ux Design For Business
Author: Neelima Ls
4. What Is Digital Marketing And What Are Its Strategies
Author: Ridzi Arora
5. The Privacy-first Browser That Doesn't Track You
Author: Alexis Norris
6. Solutions For Iphone Not Charging Issues
Author: iFixScreens NewYork
7. Micro-content Vs Long-form Content - Stylus | The Write Solution
Author: Stylus Solutions
8. Anime Lasdan Is The Latest Series In Power Fantasy Genre
Author: Augustine Bayer
9. Yahoo Connection To Server Failed
Author: Jhon smith
10. Get Results With This Philadelphia Seo Agency
Author: Dan Kogan
11. Unable To Load Facebook On Chrome? Here’s The Fix
Author: Katherine Wood
12. Wesley Snipes Auditioned For Coming To America But Did Not Get The Part
Author: Angel Smith
13. Vaccine Administration Management System
Author: Subin Sabu
14. Technology In Nvocc Business
Author: Vijay Anand
15. What Are The Cloud Computing Solutions With Aws?
Author: Anu Walia