ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
How To Resolve The Error Message "cannot Rename. The Folder Is Full" ?
MS-Outlook is one of the email clients used popularly in enterprises as well as in homes across the world. Outlook uses PST file for storing information/data. If the size of the PST file approaches 2GB limit size in Outlook 2002 and earlier versions, you become unable to add any new data or open that overloaded PST file. However, to solve such situation the only solution is to use a third party Split PST File utility that Split Large PST File easily and quickly. After splitting you will be able to access your Outlook mail objects, such as e-mails, contacts, appointments, calendar-entries, attachments, and various other features.
Let's consider a scenario that you want to rename a folder of the PST file.
But when you try to rename a folder you receive an unwanted error message that looks like the below mentioned message:
â€œCannot rename. The folder is fullâ€
On encountering the above error message you will be unable to rename a folder.
The root cause for the occurrence of above error message is that PST file has reached its maximum size, making data inaccessible. ANSI formatted PST shows such abrupt behavior when it reaches or approaches at about 1.82 GB size value.
In order to resolve the above error message and access the inaccessible data, the user needs to check the PST file size. File size in Windows Explorer can be checked by first knowing the location of the PST file by clicking File >>Data File Management. Then browse the PST file for which you want to know the size. To do this, right-click the folder, click on 'Properties' and it will show you the size of the PST file. See if the size is approaching or has exceeded the optimum limit.
You can follow the following processes then.
(1) Remove or delete the messages that you no longer want and then compact the PST file.
(2) Clean the 'Deleted Items' folder and compact the PST.
Compaction of PST file can be done using a suitable Compact PST File software which can easily reduce the size of the pst file without much difficulty.
(3) Split the heavy PST file into several PST files.
Use an effective third party PST File Splitter to split the heavy PST file. Now a days, many softwares are available in the market that allows you to Split PST easily and enable you to access your valuable data from mail objects. Stellar Phoenix PST File Splitter v2.0 is one such software.
Stellar Phoenix PST File Splitter v2.0 ensures quick and secure splitting of the large PST files into several small PST files on the basis of data, size, e-mail id's and time criteria. It employs high-end scanning algorithms to split multiple files in a single-folder. This software is compatible Windows Vista, 7, XP, 2000, 2003 and NT4(SP6).
Mohit Mathur has passion for writing Technical articles. He is right now writing articles related to products like Stellar Phoenix PST File Splitter & PST File Splitter and has now become a professional writer.
For more information please visit:- http://www.stellarpstfilesplitter.com/
Hardware/Software Articles1. Wordpress Is A Supreme Web Development Platform
Author: Swayam Infotech
2. Americommerce Sale 2021
Author: marshal mathers
3. Education Erp Software
Author: Ankit chauhan
4. What Are The Biggest Pain Points Of Using Graphql?
Author: Eldon Broady
5. How To Create Invoice/estimate
Author: Ronny Jones
6. Global Industrial Salt Market
7. Microsoft 365 Business Basic Promo Code For One Month Free Trial With Lots Of Discounts
Author: Christine Bleakley
8. Why Use A Wireless Barcode Scanner?
Author: Vishal Jain
9. The Best Id Verification Software
Author: Eldon Broady
10. Different Languages To Add To Your Magento Store
Author: Maulik Shah
11. Best Delivery Route Planner App Must Be Used To Ensure Doing Business Smoothly!
Author: John Pearson
12. How To Write The Perfect Linkedin Messages To Get A 50%+ Reply Rate?
Author: Marya Lizabeth
13. How Huddle Rooms Help? What Equipment You Need To Make Them A Success?
Author: Prysm Systems
14. How To Use Automation Tools To Extract Linkedin Contacts And Use Them For An Effective Email Marketi
Author: Marya Lizabeth
15. What Is The Best Software For Podcasters?
Author: Barry Elvis