ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
6 Things To Be Aware Of While Selecting A Follow-up Autoresp
I don't know about you, but according to me, the best
marketing tool for your online business other than your
domain name is your follow-up autoresponder/list server.
While a good one can make running your online business a
dream, a bad one (or transferring your list) can turn it in
to a nightmare. Based on my experience here are 6 things to
be aware of while selecting a follow-up autoresponder (or
transferring your existing list to a new one).
1) Make sure your follow-up autoresponder has a "List
This way, there is no need for a investing in a different
list server to manage your opt-in list.
2) Make sure you read the "Fine Print" before signing up for
When I first decided to get one for my growing opt-in list,
I came across one that looked absolutely great. It seemed to
have all the features and the price was dirt cheap too.
I signed up immediately and soon my list outgrew the 1000
barrier. When I decided to send this news to my subscribers,
I got a notice something ...
... like this: "Your List Has More Than
1000 Subscribers. If You Would Like To Send A Broadcast To
Your List, Please Purchase The List Extension Feature"
I cursed myself for not reading the fine print.
3) Inquire if they have any list transfer policy.
This is very crucial if you're changing your existing list
server and have a relatively large list.
One autoresponder I checked had a list transfer policy which
stated that you cannot upload more than 2500 subscribers in
a given month!
4) Always upload a DEMO list and send a test mail to see if
everything is fine.
Recently I checked an autoresponder that had everything one
could dream for. When I shifted my list to this one and
sent a broadcast, I couldn't close the window!!! It kept
Don't Stop Till You See "Finished Mailing"
It took more than an hour to mail to my entire list and all
the time I had to keep watching the process. This might be
OK for those who have unlimited Net access, but for those
with dial-up plans, it can be a nightmare.
It's very easy to create a demo list if your domain has
"Catch All" e-mail address feature. You can create a list of
20 or so with addresses like this:
... so on.
5) Inquire whether they have any limit imposed on the no. of
6) See whether they have any limit on the message length you
send to your list.
Finally, ALWAYS check your new service THOROUGHLY before
leaving your old one. Most of them offer a 30 day guarantee;
which should be a sufficient time to make any decision.
About the Author Vishal Rao publishes an informative e-zine: HomeBiz
Opportunities. Subscribe to his e-zine and get his free
e-mail course: "11 Killer Strategies To Explode Your Online
Profits" => mailto:email@example.com
For a complete step-by-step road-map for Internet success,
rush to => http://www.raovishal.com/
Home Based Business Articles1. Best Interior Designers In East Delhi
2. Spray Foam Insulation And Common Myths Around The Process
Author: Capital Foam
3. Why Belmar Heating Repair Is Essential For Your Comfort And Safety
4. Homsara's Smart Solutions For Modern Homes: Functional Storage & Dining
Author: Chantee Santana
5. The Changing Landscape Of Air Conditioning And Heating In Woodridge
6. Upholstery Cleaning Dos And Don'ts: Protecting Your Furniture Investment
Author: Spot Removal
7. Exploring The Exquisite Interior Design Of Anthony Michael
8. Unveiling Confidence: Fmp Facial Micropigmentation At Scalp Masters Atlanta
Author: Scalp Masters Atlanta
9. Bond Cleaning- How To Do It Correctly
10. The 5 Best Reasons To Use Seo For Interior Designers
11. Maximizing Your Villa Investment: A Deep Dive Into Tax Implications
Author: Mana Projects
12. 10 Essential Tips For Lowering Your Heating Bill This Winter
13. The Ultimate Guide To Glass Repair Services
Author: Glorry Glass
14. Expert Tips For Saving Money On Your Old Bridge Heating Bill This Winter
15. Best Interior Designers And Architecture Services