ALL >> Health >> View Article
Excess Stomach Acid Production
Stomach acid is created by special cells (parietal) located within the third layer of tissue at the upper part of the stomach. The stomach acid making cells are a vast network produces stomach acid into the lumen of the stomach.
The stomach acid has a very acidic pH of 2 to 3, .01 being the most acidic ph you can get on the scale 6.9 pH is the weakest possible acid. The stomach acid cells also create bicarbonate helping to maintain a higher alkaline blood pH.
The strong stomach acid causes proteins to break down to the molecular level revealing the peptide bonds.
Enzymes then interact to further breakdown proteins.
Stomach acid activates the enzyme pepsin to digest the bonds between the sequences of protein building blocks known as amino acids (proteolysis). Stomach acid naturally protects the gut from invasion from infectious bacteria and other harmful organisms, thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s why a proper pH balance is vital.
Stomach acid production takes place in multiple steps. Charged ions of chloride and hydrogen from excess stomach acid (HCL) produced from within the parietal cells are mixed in the secreting cell network within the inner lining of the upper stomach, diluted and released.
Stomach acid is then released into the lumen of specialized glands and gradually reaches surface layer of the stomach lining at a higher pH, slightly less acidic than in the network of secreting cells..
The strongest stomach acid used for digestion (pH 2) is about 3,000,000 times more caustic than anything found in bloodstreams pH. The strongest stomach acid produced in your stomach acid cells has a pH of 0.8 and is then ultimately diluted to around pH 2 and 3 in the stomach.
There are three phases of stomach acid production:
1. The cephalic phase: 30% of the stomachÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s acid is created by chewing, tasting and smelling foods.
2. The gastric phase: 60% of the excess stomach acid production is triggered from actual food being digested in the stomach
3. The intestinal phase: the remaining 10% of excess stomach acid is produced when chyme enters the small intestine.
Truth is if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re over 40 years old the probability you have excess stomach acid production is quite low. You lose about 10% to 15% of your stomach acid production every ten years, because of loss of minerals, nutrients and cofactors your body used up digesting cooked and processed foods all those years.
This often gives the symptoms misdiagnosed as an excess of stomach acid production because of all the bloating, acid reflux surges and heartburn.
Bottom line is only about 5% of the people who think they suffer from excess stomach acid production really do. The remaining 95% of people actually need an excess production of digestive acid.
The main cause of acid reflux is improper chewing and from combining the wrong foods. Other cause of acid reflux, heartburn and acid rebound is from taking antacids.
Picture all that undigested food bubbling and rotting inside your stomach pushing acid reflux up into the throat, burning away the lining of your throat, mouth and sinus linings . . .eventually creating a deadly situation.
DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t take drugs and surgery as the final answer- if they worked 30% of the US population and 60 million people with arthritis, due to a lack of excess stomach acid, wouldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t be suffering like they are.
You were born to heal,
Todd M. FaassÃƒÂ©
Health Articles1. Rethinking Medtech In Covid Times Healthcare Whitepaper
2. Myotrac Infiniti U-control | Biofeedback Resources International
Author: Harry Campbell
3. Brucellosis Market Report And Market Assessment 2030
4. How To Choose The Best Office Space For Therapy On Rent In New York City
Author: Garcia Jones
5. How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
Author: Herb Scott
6. Few Things About Pharmaceutical Granulation
Author: Sahasra Yogam
7. How To Shortlist A Reliable Clinic That Offers Plastic Surgery?
8. Is Hair Weaving Good If You Are Suffering From Hair Loss?
9. How To Get Rid Of Caffeine And Stay Healthy?
Author: Steve Jones
10. Ways For Easier Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Author: Wilson Bamford
11. 5 Things You Should Consider Before Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
12. Mitigating Risk On Outpatient Bundled Payment Contracts
13. Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
14. How Has 24/7 Medical Billing Services Benefited Practices Based Out Of Ohio?
15. The Infinite Benefits Of A Natural Multivitamin