ALL >> Writing >> View Article
7 Pillars To Writing Successful Articles
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 7 Pillars To Writing Successful Articles Â© 2003 Rhys Nawodycz
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you writing articles? "Here we go again" you mind says. You've heard it a hundred times before. Let me give you some incentive... eMarketer Inc research reveals that not only are more sites charging for content â€” more consumers are paying for it. The Internet, or Information Super-Highway, known for its limitless amounts of free content is evolving. In the wake of the dot.com bubble-burst and the downturn in online advertising, what was once free for consumers now comes with a pretty price tag. - - - - - - - - - - - INTELLIGENCE Sources Report Online Content Buyers Will Spend $222.1 Million by 2006 - - - - - - - - - - - Source: International Data Corporation So can you see where I'm heading? The demand for quality content is on the rise, and this gives you the perfect opportunity to gain a lot of exposure without paying a dime in advertisement. Today I'm going to show you the 7 Pillars to writing successful articles to promote your website or ezine. So ...
... I'm sure you know, it's no easy task. Simply throwing a bunch of words together isn't going to get you very far. So here's a blueprint for writing successful articles. Follow these 7 pillars and you're guaranteed to get more exposure with your articles. - - -
Pillar #1: Use a HOT Topic - - - This one takes a little effort. I Know! I Know! It's crazy, who would of thought you'd have to put in any effort but I'm sorry, I haven't yet found a way around it. You'll need to do a little research. If you're already in the know with your target market, then it should be no sweat. Research, Spy, Observe, Listen. Understand your market. What is always being talked about? What issues are hot? What do people want to learn? Even visit a couple article directories and content sites, and check out the popular topics. Here's a couple to visit: http://ezinearticles.com http://www.ideamarketers.com http://www.goarticles.com To see a list of the top 15 article directories, visit: http://www.webopoly.com/top15.htm - - -
Pillar #2: Create a "Spell-Binding" Title - - - Spell-Binding title? That's right. Your article title is your headline. It's plain and simple. If your reading a magazine, you always read the heading and if it sparks your interest, you read on. Just think ... what if I called this article: "Writing Articles" "Tips For Article Writing" "This is how To Write An Article" These don't pack much "punch", do they? If your article title is crowded on a webpage with 120 others, what will make the reader choose yours? You need to JUMP OUT at them! - - -
Pillar #3: Strike a Light with your First Paragraph - - - Once you've enticed your reader to read your article (via a great title), you need to keep them reading. The first paragraph of your article is critical. If it's lifeless breath of uninteresting words readers usually just bail out. Use short paragraphs, powerful words and keep an upbeat tempo with a simple outline to follow. Tip: Start With the Latest News, it always works :-) - - -
Pillar #4: The Sub-Headings - - - As I was just saying, using short paragraphs and sentences keep an upbeat tempo, and using Subheadings allow a clear outline for readers to follow to keep up the interest. Sub-headings better organise our thoughts. They make things easier. - - -
Pillar #5: Your Time to Shine with a Resource Box - - - The reader has just read your great article, and now what? Are you going to just leave them hanging? Hell No, a resource box will appear at the end of your article for the reader to see. It's the next step if they like what you've shown them. Make your resource box compelling. Make the reader jump over to your website, join your ezine, claim their free gift -- Unleash Your Creativity! - - -
Pillar #6: Poofread ;-) - - - Typos and bad grammar are not a good look. Just like my subheading above. If you're not that crash hot at English, hire someone. It can save damaging your reputation. - - -
Pillar #7: Promote, promote and umm.... promote - - - Let's look at reality. Without Pillar #7, 1-6 are a waste of time. Other wise no one reads your article. You've got to promote it! How can you promote your article? There are hundreds of article directories, fr^e content sites and article announcement lists out there. And the best part is ... 96% of them are FR^E! The Top 15 article and ezine directories can be found at: http://www.webopoly.com/top15.htm Develop a list of ezines in your target market. Then e-mail each ezine publisher a copy of your latest article. Wouldn't you like to get your next article picked up by an ezine with 53,000 subscribers? Now get into it, and get writing! Â© 2003 Rhys Nawodycz -------------------- About the Author: Rhys Nawodycz, a silent marketer that incorporates Unheard of Marketing concepts and tactics with Proven and Practised "e-telligence" as he calls it. Unleash his latest eCourse Fr^e, when you expand your Marketing Creativity in his FR^E Bi-weekly newsletter: Visit: http://www.webopoly.com or send a blank message to email@example.com --------------------
Writing Articles1. Understand The Importance Of An Online Plagiarism Checker
2. How Can You Benefit From Academic Editing Services?
Author: First Editing
3. Ingco Tools Share Tips On Maintenance Of Power Tools
4. Choose Happiness Over The Sorrow Of A Lifetime
Author: joey Raab
5. The Current State Of Ar & Why Mixed Reality Is On The Horizon?
6. Freelance Writing Is The Best To Make Quick Money
Author: Gabriella Ella
7. Einstantly Not Only Provides National News But Also The International (nri) News. How?
8. Case Report Writing In The Healthcare Sector Of An Integrated Supply Chain – Pubrica
9. Einstantly Provides The Latest Breaking News In India
10. Browse Einstantly For Latest News Updates In Telangana:
11. Systematic Review Of Quality Standards For Medical Devices And Practice Measures For Patient Safety – Pubrica
12. Fda Classify Medical Devices And How To Report Device Problems: A Systematic Review – Pubrica
13. Read Latest Celebrity News & Updates With Einstantly
14. A Systematic Review And Meta-analysis Of Plant Cell Technology For Production Of Natural-based Drugs – Pubrica
15. Einstantly Exclusive: 5 Major Latest Technology Updates Of April 2022