ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Restoring Folders.dbx When Outlook Express 6.0 Crashes Repeatedly
If you are an Outlook Express user, then you may be knowing that all the information that is transferred from one system to another is stored in the DBX (Database Exchange) files. In Outlook Express, distinct DBX files are created for every folder created. For example, inbox.dbx for Inbox folder, and so on. In addition, there is folders.dbx file that is the index file for all the folders created in Outlook Express. It is a critical system file, which can restrict you from using Outlook Express if it gets corrupt.
Proper steps should be taken for DBX recovery, failing which you must use a third-party Outlook Express Recovery software to Recover Outlook Express.
Let us consider a case that you face in Outlook Express 6.0 when you either open Outlook Express or try to send an email message. In this case, Outlook Express exits abruptly after displaying either of the following error messages:
(1) MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Msoe.dll
(2) MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module "unknown"
(3) MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Directdb.dll
(4) MSIMN caused an exception C0000006h in module Directdb.dll
(5) Outlook Express: The message could not be sent. There is not enough Disk space.
(6) Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131
Such problems can occur in Outlook Express if the Folders.dbx file is either having the read-only attribute, missing, or damaged.
To resolve this problem, you would need to restore the folders.dbx file. This can be done using the following steps:
(1) Click Start | Search.
(2) In the 'Search Results' window, search for the 'folders.dbx' file.
(3) From the searched results, right-click the 'folders.dbx' file and click the 'Rename' option from the context menu.
(4) Type 'folders.old' or any other name, and click 'OK'.
(5) Restart Outlook Express as the folders.dbx file will be restored during the restart.
If the problem still persists, then you may not be able to work on Outlook Express as it is not opening properly. In such dire situations, you should use a third-party Outlook Express Recovery Tool to Recover Outlook Express components. With the use of intensive scanning mechanisms and rich user interface, these mail recovery tools ensure that the recovery is safe and easy.
The best Outlook Express Recovery software that I would recommend you is Stellar Phoenix Outlook Express Recovery v3.0, which recovers DBX files created for Outlook 5.x and 6.0. With the capability to recover objects such as emails (with attachments), journals, tasks, contacts, etc, this software is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, and 2000.
Mohit Mathur has passion for writing Technical articles. He is right now writing articles related to products like Outlook Express Recovery & DBX Repair and has now become a professional writer.
For more information please visit:- http://www.outlookexpress-recovery.com/
Hardware/Software Articles1. Global Fluid Handling Systems Market
2. About Icd-10 Coding Changes In 2021
3. 6 Huge Affiliate Marketing Mistakes That You Must Avoid To Be Successful
Author: Marya Lizabeth
4. Key Features Of Inventory Management System For Your Business
Author: Bhrungaraj Sahoo
5. Wordpress Is A Supreme Web Development Platform
Author: Swayam Infotech
6. Americommerce Sale 2021
Author: marshal mathers
7. Education Erp Software
Author: Ankit chauhan
8. What Are The Biggest Pain Points Of Using Graphql?
Author: Eldon Broady
9. How To Create Invoice/estimate
Author: Ronny Jones
10. Global Industrial Salt Market
11. Microsoft 365 Business Basic Promo Code For One Month Free Trial With Lots Of Discounts
Author: Christine Bleakley
12. Why Use A Wireless Barcode Scanner?
Author: Vishal Jain
13. The Best Id Verification Software
Author: Eldon Broady
14. Different Languages To Add To Your Magento Store
Author: Maulik Shah
15. Best Delivery Route Planner App Must Be Used To Ensure Doing Business Smoothly!
Author: John Pearson