ALL >> Education >> View Article
Not All Oil Spill Workers Are Properly Trained!
The oil spill in the Gulf Of Mexico has scattered far and wide at the sea coast of the United States. BP and the American government are hiring as many oil spill responders and clean up workers to clear up this mess. The need for these workers are rising but the federal laws rule that these workers should be adequately trained to respond to the clean up efforts. However, the federal officials have reported that some prospective oil spill workers may not be getting appropriate training.
OSHA or the Occupational Safety and Health Administration has stated that some firms are offering bogus training courses that fail to meet the workplace safety agency's HAZWOPER standards. There has been widespread complaints from many people stating they have not been provided adequate training from their provider.
Some people have even undergone these trainings in less than the mandated 40 hours. The 40 hour HAZWOPER training required for the clean up operations cannot be shortened to less than the required time limit. Some online trainings also do not meet the full course requirements.
OSHA has also said that those who ...
... will act as supervisors must take the HAZWOPER 40 hour trainings and those people who are conducting the beach clean up work are required to take only the 4 hours of training while those working on the boat for cleaning are required to take 8 hours of training.
However, some contractors providing the training are signing up every worker with longer courses trying to place them in the clean up operation.
One contractor said that anyone working on the beach would need to get the HAZWOPER 40 hour training. These contractors have been training thousands of people and some workers have been given to sign an agreement to work for them for some days after completing the training. Some workers are also not getting their certification until after 60 days.
Some workers have complained that they have received their training in just 4 days and they were not given the work as many hours as promised.
Many people have fallen into the scam of many unreliable trainers. At times like this big crisis, such misfortunes should be avoided. If you are interested participating in the clean up operations, then first contact an authorized HAZWOPER trainer. There are many off line and online HAZWOPER course providers. You can see their record track before you register in their training program.
About The Author
HAZWOPER Training Courses is a premier site providing a complete set of online HAZWOPER training courses. For more information about their training visit: http://www.hazwopertrainingcourses.com
Education Articles1. Want To Make A Career In Animation? Here Are Some Top Job Roles
Author: MAAC India
2. Should You Opt For Engineering Degree Or Diploma?
3. What Is An Ethical Hacking ? How To Become An Ethical Hacker
Author: Prasanjit Roy
4. Why Self-grooming Is Important In The Aviation Industry
Author: Aptech Gariahat
5. 7 Things To Know Before Choosing The Best Fashion Design College
6. Develop Your Creative Thinking And Innovation Skills For The Betterment Of An Organisation
Author: Pankaj Deshpande
7. Top 5 Management Institutes In Germany
Author: Storm Overseas
8. Advance & Vision Driving Schools Waterloo, New South Wales
9. Why Does Mathematics Have Unpleasant Memories For Many Adults?
Author: Satjit kumar
10. Reasons To Study Mbbs In Kazakhstan For Indian Students
Author: Twinkle InstituteAB
11. Vidya Chetana - An Ngo Working For Education Of The Underprivileged
Author: vidya chetana
12. 5 Benefits Of Hiring A Professional Cdr Australia Writer
Author: 5 Benefits of Hiring a Professional CDR Australia
13. National Institute Of Technology, Surathkal | Nit Surathkal Courses
14. Oracle Fusion Technical Online Training | Oracle Fusion Technical Course | Hyderabad
Author: Rainbow Training Institute
15. Interesting Food Facts That Every Hotel Management Trainee Must Know
Author: Rohit Dubey