ALL >> Health >> View Article
Your Child’s Smile Is Our Pride – Zen Dental Studio
Paediatric Dentist Brisbane | Zen Dental Studio Bridgeman Downs
Your Child's Smile is Our Pride
“At Zen Dental Studio, we believe that every child deserves a healthy, beautiful smile. Our team is dedicated to providing gentle and effective dental care for your little ones. Give your child the gift of a lifetime of healthy smiles. Book an appointment today!
What is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)?
Have you heard about the Child Dental Benefits Schedule? It assists in basic dental treatment over two years for eligible children. We bulk bill and there is no out of pocket charge for your child’s treatment until the eligible limit is reached. We check your child’s eligibility before dental treatment to ensure no out of pocket expense.
An eligible child is aged 2-17 and is applicable for Medicare and to receive the Family Tax Part A or another relevant Australian Government payment.
Find more information on the CDBS by visiting the Australian Government page
How much does my health insurance cover?
Majority of the times we can check your ...
... child’s expected out of pocket costs on the day of appointment with our HICAPS instant claims machine so that you have peace of mind.
When should your child first visit the dentist at Zen Dental Studio?
It is highly recommended to bring your child along for a dental appointment between their first tooth erupting through, and before the age of two. There are so many exciting changes happening in their little mouth and it is very important to track their growth and development.
A child needs to visit the dentist regularly for a check up as well as to make them feel comfortable at the dentist. Sometimes, a children’s clean may also be required depending upon age.
My child’s baby teeth are anyways going to fall, so why are they important?
Your child’s baby teeth in addition to chewing act as natural space maintainers. This means that they hold the space for the permanent teeth to come through. If a baby tooth is affected and needs early removal, it may be required to keep the space until the adult teeth can come through. This helps prevent future potential orthodontic problems and potentially can save lots of time, effort and money down the line.
How do I keep my child’s teeth clean?
Brushing your child’s teeth
While your child is young and growing, you will need to clean their teeth for them. You will have to help them brush their teeth up until they are 3-4 years of age. After that, start letting your child brush their teeth and observe and guide them.
Make sure you brush your child’s teeth twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening before bed.
Even once you stop brushing your child’s teeth and allow them to do it themselves, it’s important to supervise to make sure they are brushing properly.
What Can I Do To Protect My Child’s Baby Teeth?
1. Nutritious food – Vegetables, fruits and healthy snacks are important
2. Regular dental appointments – Make sure you bring your child to the dentist every six months’
3. Avoid sugary products – Make sure you avoid sugary products, especially from a young age, as sugar can easily become an addiction that your child will want. Because it’s yummy!
4. Drink water – Make sure your child is drinking enough water. Your tap water may also have fluoride in it, which is good for protecting teeth.
5. Inspect your child’s mouth regularly – Regularly look for signs of tooth decay or other issues.
Paediatric Dentist Brisbane | Zen Dental Studio Bridgeman Downs
How to make a children’s dental appointment a positive experience?
There are many things you can do to and shouldn’t do to make your child’s dental experiences positive.
Tips to make your child’s dental experience positive:
Bring them along to your check-ups
Don’t mention anything negative regarding the dentist
Don’t mention pain or dental fears
Let your child play games or read storybooks about the dentist
Mention the dentist regularly, so they see it as a routine
Ensure your dental appointment is early in the day (helps to ensure your child is awake and not tired)
Arrive at your appointment early, and let your child become aware of the surroundings
Give your child’s full attention to the dentist
Why is it important & beneficial for your child to regularly visit us at Zen Dental Studio?
There are many important factors in children’s dentistry, including the following:
We will help detect any early potential orthodontic issues. Sometimes, feeding issues after birth, habits such as thumb or finger sucking, mouth breathing, nasal blockages, allergies, can all affect development of the correct shape and position of the jaws as well as teeth positioning at this young age. This, if caught and identified early can be treated and corrected, potentially preventing further problems as a teenager. Sometimes, an early referral to an ENT, myofunctional therapist or other practitioner for assessment can be life changing.
Detect tooth decay in their baby and adult teeth.
Prevent small problems from becoming big problems
The dentist will provide treatments like fluoride to help protect teeth after the 1st adult teeth come through.
Your child will learn to feel comfortable visiting the dentist
As a parent, you can ask any questions you have, not only related to their teeth but also to their oral hygiene, nutrition and sleep patterns.
Come get expert dentistry like never before in Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane. Our friendly team provides a welcoming and calming atmosphere in our clinic.
Health Articles1. Discovering Excellence: Redding Gastroenterology Clinic Leads The Way
Author: Paramvir Singh
2. Finding The Best Ivf Specialists In Delhi: Your Path To Parenthood
Author: SCI IVF Hospital
3. Revolutionize Your Skincare Routine With Studdmuffyn
4. Exploring The Role Of Cdi Specialists In Healthcare Enhancement
Author: Mark Young
5. Toothache Relief And Emergency Dental Care – Winning Smiles Dental Surgery
Author: Dr.Samreen Kaur
6. Diabetes Test Strips For Cats: What You Can Expect?
Author: Mr. Asif
7. Choosing The Right Liposuction Technique In Dubai:
Author: Perfect Doctors Clinic
8. Navigating Fertility Choices: Age And The Quest For Parenthood In Delhi
Author: Surrogacy Centre India
9. The Essential Guide To Becoming A Certified First Aid Instructor
10. The Importance Of Environment In Rehab Centers
Author: Reinforce Rehab
11. Enhancing Care Coordination: Navigating The Nurs Fpx 4050 Assessment 3 Presentation
12. Enhancing Care Coordination: Nurs Fpx 4050 Assessment 3 Care Coordination Presentation To Colleagues
13. Free Hearing Aid Trial @ Home - Free Hearing Test & Home Visit
Author: Insono Hearing
14. 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In India
Author: Kranti Yoga Tradition
15. Burlington's Cannabis Retail Boom: A Look At The Growing Market
Author: Harry Brook