ALL >> Health >> View Article
Understanding The Types And Causes Of Arthritis
Arthritis is a very common disorder that most older adults experience these days. This disorder mainly affects the joints and the tissues around them. There are more than a hundred types of arthritis which can affect one or more joints. Read one more to understand the causes and types of arthritis.
What are types of arthritis?
1. Inflammatory arthritis: Inflammatory arthritis is a group of arthritis conditions that occurs when our immune system mistakenly attacks the joints. It also affects other tissues of our body including heart, lungs, skin, eyes and other organs. There are several types of autoimmune arthritis, such as:
Rheumatoid arthritis: This autoimmune disease is one of the most common types of arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis impacts the small joints of the feet and hands. More specifically, it affects the lining or tendon of the joints which causes swelling and pain. To diagnose rheumatoid arthritis, an arthritis profile test is used to detect the presence of rheumatoid factors or anti-cyclic citrullinated ...
... peptide antibodies in blood. It is essential to control rheumatoid arthritis to prevent heart, lungs and eye damage.
Gout: Gout is probably one of the most painful types of arthritis. It may arise if you have high levels of uric acid in your body. Uric acid usually leaves the body through urination. If your body produces too much uric acid or fails to eliminate the chemical through urine then uric acid can build up in your body and crystalize the joints which can cause sharp pain. Gout most commonly impacts the joints of wrists and knees. An arthritis profile blood test will help to detect gout by measuring the level of uric acid in your blood.
Psoriatic arthritis: This arthritis is known as “spondyloarthropathy” which is linked to psoriasis (a skin condition that causes scaly and red patches on the skin). Psoriatic arthritis affects the large and small joints of the body. It may also affect the spine, which is rare. To prevent further damage, book an arthritis test today and the arthritis profile test price is also very reasonable.
What causes arthritis?
There are multiple causes behind developing an arthritis condition, and the causes may differ due to the types. The most common causes of arthritis include:
A previous injury can cause degenerative or mechanical arthritis
An abnormal metabolism can cause gout and calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease (CPPD)
A family history of arthritis
Certain types of infection such as lyme disease can trigger arthritis symptoms
An abnormal function of the immune system can contribute to rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
However, some risk factors can also contribute to the development of arthritis. Some potential risk factors are:
Age: Older adults are more at risk of developing arthritis.
Gender: Many studies have shown evidence that women are at more at risk of having arthritis than men.
Lack of physical activities: Some studies have suggested that people who lack physical activities may have arthritis.
Obesity: Excessive weight can put pressure on the joints that can lead to arthritis.
If you have any of the mentioned risk factors and are experiencing pain and swelling of the joints, then contact your doctor as soon as possible.
I am the owner of Digital Web Avenue India Pvt. Ltd.
Health Articles1. There Is A Lot “ In Between The Lines – Tile & Grout Cleaning
Author: Manoj Patel
2. Hygienic Work Ambience… Is All That We Leave Behind – Brisbane Commecial Cleaning
Author: Manoj Patel
3. A Sparkling Clean Carpet… Is Our Promise – Bccpc We Always Honour Our Promise
Author: Manoj Patel
4. Sports Massage Near Me: The Advantages
Author: Leigh Everett
5. Achieving A Beautiful Smile: Your Guide To Teeth Straightening In Brisbane
Author: Adaamal Ford
6. The Impact Of Collagen On Joint Health
Author: Apex vitals
7. Painless Relief Is Here – Root Canal Pain – Dental Precinct Team At Townsville
Author: Vikram Vasisht
8. Unveiling Your Best Smile With Invisalign In Philadelphia
Author: Frank Williams
9. We Will Relieve Your Pain Today – Emergency Dentist Sydney
Author: Vikit Shah
10. Surrogacy In India | Legal Status Of Surrogacy
11. Mastering The Art Of Anti-aging
12. Stomach Cancer: Treatment And Foods
Author: Magicine Pharma
13. Childhood Immunisations North Sydney – Community Well-being
Author: Dr. Sukhwinder Singh
14. Blepharoplasty, Also Referred To As Eye Surgery, Performed By Oculoplastic Surgeons Isabeacon Of Aesthetic Innovation
Author: Pari Shams
15. Prenatal Vitamins With Folic Acid: A Comprehensive Guide
Author: Vikash Sharma