ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Long Do You Take Abiraterone For Prostate Cancer?
Abiraterone or known by its brand name Zytiga is a part of hormone therapy used in the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC).
What Is Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is one of the most general types of cancer in men. The prostate is a small gland that secretes seminal fluid that transports and makes sperm healthy. Uncontrollable cell growth and spreading of the tumor throughout the gland is what happens in prostate cancer. The role of androgens in prostate cancer is that it promotes tumor cell spreading and growth.
Abiraterone Tablets 250mg are anti-androgens that irreversibly inhibit the enzyme (CYP17). This enzyme was responsible for the synthesis of androgens. As a result, low levels of androgens hinders the growth and spreading of prostate cancer. Abiraterone 250mg tablets are taken orally 1 or 2 hours before meal. It is also administered with Prednisone for reduced side effects.
Till When Should The Treatment Continue?
The length of the treatment varies from patient to patient and also on the stage of cancer. The average time period for the treatment can range from 8 ...
... to 24 months. The patients who rely on just hormone therapy and do not take chemotherapy showed a moderate treatment of 25 months. The treatment should ideally be stopped when the patient is cancer free.
Some of the common side effects of Abiraterone are -
Some Serious Side Effects Are –
Allergic reactions – some of the components of the drug can cause redness, itching, and rashes on the skin. Breathlessness and also swelling around the tongue, and mouth are a few of the symptoms.
Liver damage- continuous use of Abiraterone can cause jaundice or increased liver toxicity. Some of the signs of the same are - yellowing of eyes and skin, fatigue, loss of appetite, and also dark-coloured urine.
Cardiac problems – irregular heartbeats, and chest pain are common side effects. In addition, anxiety, dizziness is also a sign.
Kidney tract complications – Urinary tract infections become very common during treatment. Frequent urination, blood in urine, and also a burning feeling while urinating are the symptoms of the same.
Higher cholesterol and sugar levels are very common side effects. In addition, anemia and hypertension are also quite common in regular treatment for Abiraterone.
Abiraterone is a safe and effective drug for the treatment of prostate cancer. Abiraterone 250mg Tablets Online can be bought through Magicine Pharma with ease.
Health Articles1. A Guide To Find A Luxury And Best Rehab Center In India
Author: Dr JPS Bhatia
2. Can We Do Recovery Of Autism With Divya Neuro Rehab Clinic?
Author: Divya neuro rehab clinic
3. Wisdom Tooth Treatment In Vizag | Best Orthodontics In Vizag
Author: Chakradhar Sana
4. Exploring The Spectrum Of Dental Problems: Types, Causes, And Treatments
5. Why Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh
Author: Rajneesh Bhatt
6. Mastering The Art Of Smile Enhancement With Porcelain Veneers In New York
Author: aesthetic and implants dental arts
7. Fibroids And Fertility: What You Need To Know
Author: asmita dongare
8. Shoulder Pain: Causes, Diagnosis, And Orthopedic Interventions
Author: Dr Ravish Chhabra
9. Clearbalance Healthcare Secures Top Spot In Klas 2024 Patient Financing
Author: Orson Amiri
10. Optimizing Patient Care: Unveiling The Power Of Ims/dry Needling With Physical Therapy Products
11. What Are The 5 Key Responsibilities Of A Full-time Cabg Home Nurse In Mumbai?
Author: Home Healthcare Services | Healkin
12. Exploring The Benefits Of Coordinating Cancer Care In Northvale Nj With An Accountant In Rahway
Author: karp cancer care
13. How Shirodhara Massage Can Change Your Life For Good? Find Out Now!
Author: Alexis Pelloe
14. Novel Approaches In Bioanalytical Method Development: Accelerating Drug Discovery
Author: alana meyer
15. Affordable Paths To Parenthood: Exploring Infertility Treatment Costs And Alternatives
Author: SCI IVF Hospital