ALL >> Health >> View Article
Causes, Treatment, and Symptoms
Myopia, also called nearsightedness, is an extremely common vision problem. If you think you may have myopia and live in Scottsdale, Phoenix, or the surrounding areas, contact our team at Optical Expressions to schedule an eye exam with one of our doctors of optometry.
Nearsightedness is caused by a problem with the shape of the eye. With this condition, the lens or cornea has too much of a curve for the eyeball’s length. This results in light rays refracting incorrectly. The images you see are then focused on an area near your retina but not on it. Nearsightedness is often hereditary, but there are other ways for it to happen. Those who spend most of their time inside and read a lot may develop myopia.
The main symptom is that you see well up close, but things far away appear blurry. However, there may be other symptoms that come with myopia. You may get headaches and eye strain from straining to see. You may squint your eyes often in an attempt to see something far away. You may blink more than usual. In children, they will often rub their eyes. ...
... Their grades in school may become and is often a sign of myopia.
There are several ways for an optometrist to treat myopia so that you can see more clearly. Many people choose to wear glasses to correct their vision. Others choose contact lenses. LASIK is also an option for many patients. There are other treatments, however, that are often used for children. Atropine drops are considered one of the best ways to treat myopia. You may also want to consider Ortho-K. This treatment involves wearing lenses at night that correct the curve of the eye so that no vision correction is needed the next day.
Contact Our Optometrists for Myopia Control
To find out if you or your child have myopia, contact our eye doctors to schedule an eye exam. Call our team at Optical Expressions at one of our three convenient locations. You can also reach us through our website by using our online contact form.
for more information contact-Tatum eyecare
Health Articles1. Discovering Excellence: Redding Gastroenterology Clinic Leads The Way
Author: Paramvir Singh
2. Finding The Best Ivf Specialists In Delhi: Your Path To Parenthood
Author: SCI IVF Hospital
3. Revolutionize Your Skincare Routine With Studdmuffyn
4. Exploring The Role Of Cdi Specialists In Healthcare Enhancement
Author: Mark Young
5. Toothache Relief And Emergency Dental Care – Winning Smiles Dental Surgery
Author: Dr.Samreen Kaur
6. Diabetes Test Strips For Cats: What You Can Expect?
Author: Mr. Asif
7. Choosing The Right Liposuction Technique In Dubai:
Author: Perfect Doctors Clinic
8. Navigating Fertility Choices: Age And The Quest For Parenthood In Delhi
Author: Surrogacy Centre India
9. The Essential Guide To Becoming A Certified First Aid Instructor
10. The Importance Of Environment In Rehab Centers
Author: Reinforce Rehab
11. Enhancing Care Coordination: Navigating The Nurs Fpx 4050 Assessment 3 Presentation
12. Enhancing Care Coordination: Nurs Fpx 4050 Assessment 3 Care Coordination Presentation To Colleagues
13. Free Hearing Aid Trial @ Home - Free Hearing Test & Home Visit
Author: Insono Hearing
14. 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In India
Author: Kranti Yoga Tradition
15. Burlington's Cannabis Retail Boom: A Look At The Growing Market
Author: Harry Brook