ALL >> Health >> View Article
Building A Healthy Body Image
Body image is the combination of how someone perceives their body and their thoughts about it. Positive body image is linked to satisfaction with one’s appearance, whereas negative body image is linked to dissatisfaction.(https://imperfect.co.in/have-you-been-worried-about-your-weight/)
What Leads To A Negative Body Image In People?
Negative body image involves feeling bad about yourself or beating yourself up over your appearance. A negative body image can mean being extremely harsh and judgmental of yourself to such an extent that you begin to accept a voice within, which in turn affects the way you view your value and worth as a person.
Having a poor body image can cause dieting, which can result in disordered eating and a variety of harmful health effects. Of course, not all dieting results in eating disorders, but a lot of research has indicated that it can.
Particularly if body image concerns have resulted in disordered eating, body image difficulties can potentially cause mental health issues. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, there is a connection between eating disorders, ...
... anxiety, and sadness. Your general quality of life may be affected if you have a negative body image. According to a 2016 study by Nayir et al., people’s quality of life was strongly correlated with their perception of their bodies.
Social media can have a significant impact on a person’s self-perception and body image.
Social media influences how many people view beauty and attractiveness. If their bodies don’t mirror what they see online, people may negatively evaluate themselves as a result of social media.
Having said that, it is important to build a positive body image for the betterment of our physical and emotional health. You can start building a positive body image by:
1. Accepting the way you look:
This is hard, but it’s helpful to try and separate our bodies from our worth.
Recognize that no one is perfect. Even those with seemingly ideal bodies have “flaws”. So, instead of seeing your body as you would like it to be, accept it as it is. If you need to, unfollowing social media accounts that provoke your emotions and starting to follow pages that promote body acceptance.
Avoid body-shaming language. Whenever you find yourself body-shaming yourself, stop and think, “Would I act in this manner toward my best friend?” Be kind to yourself like you would a good friend.
2. Following activities to build a positive sense of body: For some people, body positivity won’t come naturally, and that’s okay! You can try one of the following activities to build it:
List five positive traits about your personality first, then five positive traits about your physical appearance.
Notice how your body does so much without looking a certain way. Appreciating the functionality our bodies provide can be so helpful.
3. Taking care of your body: Taking good care of your body can make you feel better about it. Start caring for yourself with these tips:
Eat nutritious foods.(https://imperfect.co.in/mood-and-food/) Find out which foods are healthy for you and how much is enough. When you eat, savor every bite. Enjoy and truly taste your food.
Get a good night’s sleep. Get to bed on time and learn how much sleep you need for your age. To get a good night’s sleep, turn off screens several hours before bed.
Daily exercise is beneficial. In order to be strong, fit, and healthy, your body must move. Take part in a sport to stay active. You can also dance, walk, exercise, practice yoga, or run. Pick fun activities that you enjoy doing.
Maintain body weight that works best for you! Avoid comparing your weight to that of others. You can learn your ideal weight from your doctor. Don’t attempt to alter your diet on your own if you are not at a healthy weight. Always consult a parent or a physician first. Your doctor can make recommendations on how to get to and maintain your ideal weight.
Self-esteem or body image issues might occasionally be too much for one person to handle. Your self-esteem may be impacted by health problems, sadness, or trauma. Additionally, eating disorders might contribute to a falsely negative body image.
Inform your parents, your doctor, or your therapist(https://imperfect.co.in/contact-us/) of your struggles. Seek help, there is nothing wrong with needing help. With support and consideration, body image and self-esteem can improve.
– Urveez Kakalia and Sakshi Merai.
Health Articles1. Discovering Excellence: Redding Gastroenterology Clinic Leads The Way
Author: Paramvir Singh
2. Finding The Best Ivf Specialists In Delhi: Your Path To Parenthood
Author: SCI IVF Hospital
3. Revolutionize Your Skincare Routine With Studdmuffyn
4. Exploring The Role Of Cdi Specialists In Healthcare Enhancement
Author: Mark Young
5. Toothache Relief And Emergency Dental Care – Winning Smiles Dental Surgery
Author: Dr.Samreen Kaur
6. Diabetes Test Strips For Cats: What You Can Expect?
Author: Mr. Asif
7. Choosing The Right Liposuction Technique In Dubai:
Author: Perfect Doctors Clinic
8. Navigating Fertility Choices: Age And The Quest For Parenthood In Delhi
Author: Surrogacy Centre India
9. The Essential Guide To Becoming A Certified First Aid Instructor
10. The Importance Of Environment In Rehab Centers
Author: Reinforce Rehab
11. Enhancing Care Coordination: Navigating The Nurs Fpx 4050 Assessment 3 Presentation
12. Enhancing Care Coordination: Nurs Fpx 4050 Assessment 3 Care Coordination Presentation To Colleagues
13. Free Hearing Aid Trial @ Home - Free Hearing Test & Home Visit
Author: Insono Hearing
14. 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In India
Author: Kranti Yoga Tradition
15. Burlington's Cannabis Retail Boom: A Look At The Growing Market
Author: Harry Brook