ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Food In The Maldives: A Unique Gastronomic Journey
Being a tropical island nation, the Maldives offers a unique cuisine that features a mix of influences from India, Sri Lanka, and Southeast Asia. The Maldivian diet is primarily based on seafood, coconut, and rice.
One of the most popular dishes in the Maldives is called "mas riha," which is a fish curry made with tuna, coconut milk, and spices. Another popular dish is "garudhiya," which is a clear fish broth typically served with rice, lime, and chillie. "Hedhikaa" are traditional Maldivian snacks that are commonly served during tea-time and include items such as "bajiya" (samosas), "keemia" (fish rolls), and "masroshi" (stuffed pastry).
Other common dishes include "rihaakuru," a thick fish paste that is used as a flavouring for various dishes, and "mas huni," a traditional breakfast dish made with shredded smoked tuna, grated coconut, onions, and chillies, which is usually served with "roshi," a type of flatbread.
Given the Maldives' location and popularity as a tourist destination, you can also find a range of international cuisines in the country, including Indian, Chinese, Italian, and Japanese cuisine, ...
... among others.
Maldivian cuisine is often a highlight for tourists visiting the country, which you can sample while on an all-inclusive holiday in Maldives. The unique flavours and ingredients used in this exclusive cuisine at Maldives luxury resorts and restaurants, offer visitors a chance to try something different from what they might be accustomed to in their home countries. These dishes also tend to be quite flavourful and spicy, which can appeal to adventurous eaters.
For seafood lovers, the Maldives is a paradise, offering a wide range of fresh fish, prawns, and lobster dishes. The use of coconut milk and various spices in Maldivian cuisine also gives the food a distinct taste that many tourists find appealing. Additionally, the Maldives is home to many luxury resorts, which often offer a variety of dining options, including Maldivian cuisine. Resorts may offer Maldivian-themed nights or cooking classes, providing tourists with an opportunity to learn about the local cuisine and culture.
Travel Articles1. Top Reasons To Choose The Best Airport Taxi Services In Zanzibar
Author: Zanzibar Kwetu Mbali Tours & Safaris
2. Atozeevisas Best Immigration Consultants In Delhi
3. Camp Yedikha In Kohima - Get Upto 30% Off
4. Nepal Tour Operators In Gorakhpur
5. Explore The Charm Of Bhubaneswar With The Best Tour Packages And Travel Agents
6. Exploring The Mystical Beauty Of Bhubaneswar: Your Guide To Tours And Cab Services
7. The Industry Of Winery In Barossa To Produce High Quality Wine
Author: Aaron Wood
8. Embark On An Unforgettable Journey: Experience The 5 Days Golden Triangle Tour By Car
9. ¿cómo Llamar A Vivaaerobus Telefono?
Author: Smith Nicole
10. ¿cómo Obtener Un Descuento En Copa Airlines?
11. Best Tours And Travel From Hyderabad
12. A Journey To Serenity: Devatha Residency's Blissful Accommodations In Dharmasthala
Author: Devatha Residency
13. Operational Truck Leasing Vs. Capital Truck Leasing
Author: Fraikin Dayim
14. What Terminal Is Delta In Las Vegas? – Skynair
15. Las Cosas Para Hacer En La Ciudad Jaipur
Author: Jessica Johansson