ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
What Are The Features Of Silver Etfs?
Like gold, silver is another popular commodity for Indian investors. However, many people find purchasing and selling physical silver difficult. There is also an added difficulty in storage and safety. Investing in Silver Exchange-Traded Funds can free you from all these hassles. ETFs are a collection of Bonds, Equities, and Commodities traded on an exchange. With ETFs, you can collectively invest in a large quantum of securities at affordable rates.
A Silver ETF is a financial instrument whose underlying asset is silver. It invests approximately 95% of its corpus in physical silver or assets like Exchange-Traded Commodity Derivatives. It also tracks the spot price of silver and delivers returns accordingly.
How does it work?
Demand and supply of silver throughout the trading day influence the Silver ETF price. Following the demand and supply principle, the prices will continue to rise if the demand for silver grows. Meanwhile, the costs will decline to zero if the demand exceeds the supply.
Fund managers of silver ETFs purchase ...
... silver and store them in secure vaults. SEBI safeguards the rights by regulating them. The fund managers must obtain auditor reports on physical verification of the silver stored in vaults regularly. Here are the features:
Investors who invest in the best Silver ETF need not worry about the metal’s purity. Fund managers buy physical silver, which is at least 99.9% pure, and store it in secure vaults. You can invest in these by following the SIP or lumpsum investment method.
Hedge against inflation
Investing in gold and silver can hedge against inflation. You can use these investments during a crisis to compensate for declining purchasing power. Silver and cyclical equities, including energy stocks, may offer better returns for inflation-conscious investors. Investing in funds like the DSP Silver ETF can add precious metal exposure to your portfolio.
No storage costs
Silver-based ETFs need not require storage costs. Fund managers can purchase the asset by utilising the investment corpus. Their storage and security are also a fund house’s responsibility.
To reduce the overall risk exposure, you can diversify your portfolio by investing in low-risk assets like silver, gold, etc. When you invest in Silver ETF, remember to pay the Long-Term Capital Gains Tax of 20% if you plan to hold it for more than 36 months. However, if the investor’s holding is for less than three years or 36 months, profits are treated as Short-Term Capital Gains and taxed per the respective tax slab.
A Silver ETF is an investment fund that tracks the price of silver and allows investors to invest in silver without owning it physically through the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India. Since it is more volatile than gold, consider your risk appetite before investing.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Unraveling Financial Schemes In Tax Evasion: Safeguarding Fiscal Integrity
Author: Linda Athanasiadou, Regulatory Compliance and AML
2. Fixed Deposit (fd) Vs. Mutual Fund (mf) - Which Is Better? Use Calculator
3. Five Advantages Of Quick Housing Loans In Hyderabad
Author: Anil Sinhaanni
4. How To Invest And Diversify Your Portfolio For Long-term Growth
5. Technical Analysis: A Detective's Guide To Predicting The Stock Market
6. Same Day Loans Online: Acquire Small Money For Emergencies
Author: Jack Ryder is a financial adviser of fast paydayu
7. Benefits Of Hiring A Gst Service Provider In Chandigarh
8. Demat Account And Its Benefits
9. Easy Personal Loans In Bangalore: Instant Access To Funds With Flexpay
Author: Achuth Sharma
10. How To Apply For Doctors Loans In Hyderabad?
Author: Anil Sinhaanni
11. Metal Trading Forex: A Comprehensive Guide
12. What Can I Do With A Short Term Loans Uk?
Author: Jack Ryder is a financial adviser of payday lendz
13. "streamline Your Gst Registration With Startupfino: Effortless And Efficient Process Made Simple"
Author: startup fino
14. Sydney Home Mortgage Refinancing Guide
Author: Jesse Mchale
15. Revolutionizing Crypto Trading Through Ai-powered Bots