ALL >> Health >> View Article
Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery In Mumbai
Robots and automated operations have become quite popular, especially in the medical space, in the last two decades. One such area where robotic-arm-assisted medical care is provided is joint surgery. Robotic knee replacement surgery in Mumbai has become the talk of the town lately, and it’s not hard to see why.
Despite its many benefits, like faster recovery, fewer risks of complications, and proper positioning of the implants, people are intimidated by the idea of a robot performing a surgical procedure. But is it really that scary? Below we’ve debunked a few common myths about robotic knee replacement surgery. Let’s take a look.
Myth 1: The Robot Performs the Entire Surgery
If you also believe this, you couldn’t be more wrong! It’s called robot-assisted surgery for a reason. Robots do not perform the entire surgery. There is a surgeon present in the operation room, and they will use the robotic arm to ensure precise placement of the implant. The robotic arms make accurate cuts and ensure a correct alignment of the implant. The robotic arm won’t move until the surgeon directs. So, there’s ...
... no way it can perform surgery without a surgeon’s assistance.
Myth 2: Conventional Surgery for Knee Replacement is Safer
In conventional surgery, the surgeon has to make all decisions right when the patient is on the operation table. They need to get the implants and fit them immediately. With a robotic knee replacement surgeon in Mumbai, a patient can have peace of mind knowing that the surgery is pre-planned and the implants are customized to the patient’s unique anatomy much before the day of operation.
Using the 3D visualization models, the doctor can get a clear picture of the patient’s knee anatomy. They know the severity of the issue, based on which they can customize the implants.
Myth 3: Robotic Surgery is Too Complicated
People assume that knee replacement is a complicated procedure, as it’s just like kidney or liver transplant surgery, where the entire organ is removed and replaced. Contrary to these beliefs, knee replacement removes the eroded parts of the knee and retains the healthy portions. The damaged parts are replaced by artificial implants.
The procedure can be done either in a conventional way or using advantage robot-assisted technology. The latter is a better and safer choice, as the cuts are made precisely, and implants are positioned in appropriate places. In fact, robot-assisted surgery is comparatively safer than surgery performed without a robotic arm. There’s always the risk of the implants not fitting the patient’s anatomy, or they might get placed incorrectly.
Myth 4: I’m Unfit for Robot-Assisted Knee Replacement Surgery
Any patient who’s fit for traditional surgery is also a good candidate for a robot-assisted knee replacement procedure. Since robot-assisted surgeries involve fewer complications and faster recovery, these are ideal treatment options for elderly patients who need a total knee replacement. The surgery offers a greater level of precision and reduced risk of problems, making it a highly effective choice for all patients.
Health Articles1. Your Health In Trusted Hands – Why Choosing A West London Medical Centre Is The Best Decision To Make For Your Health
Author: The West London Clinic
2. What Is Azelaic Aziderm Cream? Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & Disadvantages
Author: Jecika Michael
3. The Importance Of Skincare: Tips And Tricks For Maintaining Healthy Skin
Author: science of skin
4. 10 Most Trusted Eye Care Service Providers In 2022
5. Understanding The Cost Of Broken Nose Treatment In Jaipur
6. The Best Fissure Surgeon And Piles Fistula Specialist Doctors In Kolkata
Author: Mark Booker
7. Most Influential Coos In The Healthcare Industry To Follow
8. Alkaline Water And Weight Management: Can Ionizers Support Healthy Goals?
Author: Alkaione team
9. At-home Teeth Whitening Kits: A Bankable Choice For Startup Businesses
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
10. Revolutionary Role Of Robotics In Tkr Surgery
Author: Saishree Hospital
11. How To Store And Preserve Mail Order Marijuana For Long-term Use
Author: Jacob William
12. Emerging Applications And Future Potential Of Adhesion Barrier Solutions
Author: Markets and Markets
13. Most Trusted Hospice Care Providers In 2023
14. Market Expansion Strategies For Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (npwt) Manufacturers
Author: Markets and Markets
15. Why Choose Ims Dry Needling And Wcb Injury Physiotherapy Services