ALL >> Art >> View Article
9 Stunning Museum Venues For Your Wedding
Museums and historic sites have a magical quality to them; you can immerse yourself in the exhibits and step into history. Fortunately for us, Georgia is rich in museums to explore and visit. Even better, many of them host private events and museum wedding venues Atlanta.
A wedding at a museum is an excellent choice. They frequently feature exquisite art, one-of-a-kind architectural design, historical yet modern elegance, and breathtaking natural light. Whether you are a history buff, an art connoisseur, or simply a fan of beautiful architecture, these eight museums will take your breath away with their stunning settings.
Millennium Gate Museum and Event Venue
Millennium Gate Museum and Event Venue, located in Atlanta, Georgia, is a historic wedding venue with a classically-styled monumental arch. The working museum is located in Atlantic Station in Midtown Atlanta, also known as "The Gate City."
For decades, Savannah's wedding reception venue of choice has been the Telfair Academy, located on Telfair Square in the heart of the city's famous historic district. Telfair Academy ...
... is the South's oldest public art museum, dating back to 1883. The Telfair Academy will make any size event truly memorable with its romantic, three-story Rotunda, classically beautiful Sculpture Gallery, remarkable period rooms, and intimate galleries featuring works from temporary travelling shows and the museum's own permanent collection.
The Jepson Center, a distinctive state-of-the-art museum building designed by internationally acclaimed architect Moshe Safdie, can accommodate very large groups in its three-story atrium, expansive galleries, and third-floor outdoor sculpture terraces. The Jepson Center, located on Telfair Square just one building away from the Telfair Academy, also has a sweeping, three-story central staircase ideal for the grandest of grand entrances, as well as a 225-seat auditorium for presentations, small performances, and more.
Tellus Science Museum
The Museum is an unforgettable setting for your special day. Imagine your wedding ceremony taking place beneath an 80-foot Apatosaurus, dancing the night away in a banquet room with bar service, and watching your memory video or photos on the big screen in the Theater. Tellus has spaces that can accommodate groups ranging from 32 to 400 people.
The Booth Museum
The Booth Museum is a 120,000-square-foot museum in Cartersville, Georgia, operated in collaboration with the Smithsonian Institution. The museum has a variety of event spaces to accommodate the size and needs of your wedding.
Georgia State Railroad Museum
You can hold your event at the Georgia State Railroad museum rental space in a variety of locations. You're sure to find something that fits the size and feel of your day, from a historic Blacksmith Shop to the large expanse of the Roundhouse to the ruins of a Machine Shop! Because the museum only rents to one client per evening, they are all available for your use.
Harper Fowlkes House
Harper Fowlkes House, located on Orleans Square in downtown Savannah, is an 1842 home owned by early Savannah preservationist Alida Harper Fowlkes. The House has a stunning interior with architectural details and artwork, as well as a lovely garden for your ceremony and reception. Harper Fowlkes House is ideal if your dream wedding includes an elegant, intimate setting.
Old Fort Jackson
In a historic setting, Old Fort Jackson sits on the picturesque Savannah River with a unique backdrop of breathtaking sunsets. Georgia's oldest brick fortification is the ideal setting for a rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, or dinner event that neither you nor your guests will forget. Whether you're planning a small gathering or a large event, Old Fort Jackson is a one-of-a-kind venue that you and your guests will love.
Pin Point Heritage Museum
Pin Point Heritage Museum is an open-air, rustic historic seafood cannery comprised of several outbuildings. The site has a lovely backdrop of marsh and river views. Pin Point Heritage Museum is ideal for smaller weddings and rehearsal dinners.
Know more about Millennium Gate Museum, please visit www.thegatemuseum.org.
Art Articles1. Basic Factors To Consider When Choosing A Golf Course Print
Author: Marisn Mackle
2. Miller & Miller To Hold Online Auctions June 9 (toys) & June 10 (petroliana, Advertising, Coin-ops)
Author: Ethan Miller
3. Explore The Vibrant World Of Paintings In Melbourne
Author: Harry Reinhold
4. Lovely 18th/19th Century Quebec Furniture Leads The Way In Miller & Miller Auction In Canada May 13
Author: Ethan Miller
5. Exploring Dubai's Vibrant Contemporary Art Scene: A Guide To Contemporary Art Museums
6. Express Yourself With Colors: Enroll In Our Painting Class For Kids
7. Purchasing Advice For Buyers Of Used Motorhomes
Author: Damien Alcock
8. Unesco World Heritage Sites In Dubai: Treasures Of Humanity
9. American Muscle Cars From The Collection Of Jay Soneff, Mostly Mopar, Will Be Auctioned June 10th
Author: Yvette VanDerBrink
10. Rare Gilt Bronze Tibetan Buddha Statue Brings $200,000 In Briggs Auction's March 24th Online Auction
Author: Leah Stevens
11. Items Signed By Many Of History's Brightest Luminaries Will Be Sold May 31st By University Archives
Author: John Reznikoff
12. Suncrafted Cannabis Will Sponsor The Vessel Mojo In The 52nd Annual Figawi Race Weekend May 26-29
Author: Steven Dubin
13. Discover Your Perfect Piece: Explore The Online Art Gallery Now!
Author: Harry Reinhold
14. Andrew Jones Auctions' June 18th And June 21st Auctions Are Packed With Important Decorative Arts
Author: Aileen Ward
15. Role Of Paintings To Outstretch Your Business?
Author: Jack Ryan