ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Unpaid Wages And Overtime Legal Representatives
Unpaid Wages and Overtime Legal Representatives
Wage theft is a serious problem in the United States. According to the Economic Policy Institute, wage theft is a major problem in America. It costs workers millions of dollars each year. Wage theft can take many forms. It includes the failure to pay overtime wages and minimum wage violations, misclassifying employees to be salary exempt, misclassifying independent contractors as workers, illegal deductions from employees' pay, tipping violations, miscalculating regular and overtime rates, working on the clock, and misclassifying employees to be salaried. It is also illegal for an employer not to retaliate against employees for complaining about wage violations, or for bringing a suit or other action against them.
All industries and all jobs are affected by wage theft and wage violation. These are the top industries where wage violations and theft are most prevalent:
Restaurants and Hotels
Home Health Care
Nurses (RNs, LPNs, STNA, etc.)
Factory and Packaging Workers
Retail and Drug Stores
Waiters/Waitresses, Servers, Bartenders
Maintenance, repair, and technicians
Employers can break the overtime and wage laws in many different ways. These are the most frequent violations, but there are many others.
Automatically deducts meal breaks and other breaks automatically from pay
Falsely claiming an employee is exempt from salary
Falsely defining an employee as an independent contractor
Paying overtime to employees who are "salary"
Time records can be altered
Employers may be required to travel or work during the day.
You can find more information on the Overtime Laws Page (Link to Overtime Laws Page).
Legal Articles1. English To Arabic Translation
Author: communication legal
2. Winning Your Case: The Power Of Hiring A Lawyer In Jaipur Or Hyderabad
3. How To Find The Best Criminal Litigation Lawyer In Gurgaon
Author: Adv. Sapna Malik
4. Protecting Your Assets - How To Shield Your Estate From Creditors?
Author: Smith Clea
5. The Benefits Of Hiring A Probate Attorney
Author: Smith Clea
7. Make The Right Choice With Wheeling Immigration Attorneys
8. The Benefits Of Hiring A Specialized Lawyer For Your Child Molestation Case In Rhode Island
Author: John Grasso
9. Covington 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney Helps To Receive Quick Medial Attention!
10. How To Start A Business Today With Nidhi Finance Company
Author: Rakesh Sinha
11. How Many Types Of Food Licenses Are In India?
12. Protecting Your Business Interests In Dubai: The Role Of Commercial Lawyers
13. Best Divorce Advocate In Chennai
Author: Icon Legal
14. What Is Security Compliance? Best Security Compliance Provider
Author: Himanshu Jain
15. 10 Tips To Minimize Your Travel Expenses When Abroad