ALL >> Others >> View Article
Important Common Land Measurement Units In India
The area of landed property is referred to using a variety of names depending on the State across the country. It is usually advisable to be familiar with the typical land measurement unit used in India to understand a seller's offer better, how to land measurement, and the conditions outlined in the land records, as well as to estimate a plot's worth.
How is Land Measured in India?
The Land is measured in Normative units. Smaller parcels of Land, like residential lots, are typically measured in square feet or square meters. Still, larger parcels, like industrial or agricultural property, are typically defined in acres or hectares. Bigha, Guntha, Ground, Gaj, etc., are a few regional units used to measure Land in India. These measurements are still mostly made using traditional methods in villages where purchasers still prefer to do so.
Difference between a Plot and a Ground
A ground is a 2,400-square-foot piece of Land, whereas a plot measurement refers to any amount of Land, regardless of size. The dimension in-ground or square feet is typically included in the land documents where the Land ...
... is laid out in layouts.
A list of some of the common land measurement tables,
Unit of Area
1 Square Feet (sq ft)
144 sq in (1 foot is 12 inches)
1 Square Centimeter
0.00107639 sq ft
1 Square Inch
0.0069444 sq ft
1 Square Kilometer (sq km)
1 Square Meter (sq m)
10.76391042 sq ft
1 Square Mile
640 acres or 259 hectares
1 Square Yard (sq yd)
9 sq ft
4840 square yards or 100 cents (standard unit to measure land)
10000 sq m or 2.49 acres approximately
968 sq yd
151.25 sq yd
4840 sq yd
4840 sq yd
5445 sq ft. or 605 sq yd
180 sq ft
600 sq ft
Related Information Know About Tier Cities and their Classifications
Finding the Area of your Property
Following the necessary construction of the required roads, parks, schools, hospitals, marketplaces, and other amenities, a piece of land is divided into residential plots. From the layout sketch, one can determine the number and size of the plots. If a property is being sold as a resale, the Sale Deed contains information on the property, including its location.
The area is typically specified in square feet when describing a residential property (sq ft). A property's area is stated in terms of acres or hectares when it is agricultural land. The land calculation is done by multiplying the length and width of the available land necessary to get the size of the land area measurement.
Land Measurement Units used in West India
States used in
Bihar and parts of Rajasthan
Pucca 3025 sq yd
Gujarat and parts of Rajasthan
1936 sq yd
Upper parts of Rajasthan
Pucca 151.25 sq yd
Lower parts of Rajasthan
96.8 sq yd
1/20 Biswa, 1 Biswa has 20 Biswansis
Land Measurement Units used in Central India
States used in
Parts of Madhya Pradesh
1333.33 sq yd
20 Kathas, 1 Bigha (MP), 600 square feet
Related Information Best Cities For Buying Retirement Homes In India
Anusha Rana is a real estate consultant at HonestBroker. Her work mainly focuses on giving the right advice to the buyer and Seller's and how she can improve the growth of real estate in current situation.
Others Articles1. Are You Searching For Quality And Affordable Studio Photography In Jhb?
Author: William Smith
2. What Is Soldier’s Mental Health After War?
Author: American Cross Global
3. Auto Floor Mop: Learn Some Top Amazing Facts And Information About It
4. Cleaning Companies In Abu Dhabi
Author: Cleaning companies in abu dhabi
5. 5 Benefits Of Continuous Control Monitoring
6. Digital Marketing Tips By Digital Marketing Company In Bangalore - Im Solutions
7. Global Security Control Room Market Development Strategy,share, Industry Growth, Business Strategy, Trends And Regional Outlook 2026
8. How Data Management Helps In Storing And Utilizing Information
Author: KBV Research
9. All About Sea Freight And It’s Advantages
Author: Nihao Logistics
10. Global Digital Isolator Market Share, Size, Movements By Key Finding, Market Impact, Latest Trends Analysis, Progression Status, Revenue And Forecast
11. Various Types Of Stainless Steel Coil And Its Uses
Author: R.H. Alloys
12. Choose High Quality Wood Pellet Machine
Author: Zeno Pellet Machine
13. Donate To Ngos And Save Tax. Here’s How
Author: The Akshaya Patra Foundation
14. What Are The Benefits Of Using Electronic Till Systems In Your Business?
Author: Epos Direct
15. Mahatma Gandhi Nrega Yojana | Mgnrega Yojana 2023
Author: Pratap kumar