ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Is Your Skin Dry Or Dehydrated?
Often, we confuse between dry and dehydrated skin. We use both these terms synonymously and unconsciously. But, it is not a correct practice and there is a huge difference between both.
Sometimes, when you feel that your skin is dry, it might actually be dehydrated. Everyone has a different skin type and acquires different skin conditions according to that. Skin type is fixed since you are born and the effect of your surroundings and lifestyle are manifested on that skin type. It could be dry or oily.
However, a skin condition is something that is developed due to temporary changes in the local environment of the skin, your hormones, the food you eat, the amount of sleep you get or if there is stress in your life. It could be temporary and short-lived or could last for several years before fading away forever. For instance, acne, irritation, eczema, spots etc. This could happen with anyone and does not need a definite age or time to occur.
A person born with dry skin lacks oil naturally and the condition is applicable to all the body parts like hands, legs or scalp. In such cases, one is in constant need of ...
... lotions and moisturizers that are easily absorbed into the skin. Such people must use oil-based products at all times and also keep natural ingredients a part of one’s treatment regime.e th
On the other hand, when a person has dehydrated skin, it means that his/her skin lacks water which could be due to various reasons such as make-up, diet, wrong product use, weather etc. So, the skin tends to produce more oil to make up for the shortage of water. Such skin could be
an easy target for breakouts, irritation and skin patches. So, it could be misguiding us, making the skin feel oily and dehydrated at the same time.
In order to rectify this condition, one must identify the causes behind it, and use products like skin hydrating boosters and masks that help balance the moisture of the skin. Even toners aid in keeping the skin hydrated. So, below we have summed up the symptoms of both dry and dehydrated skin, highlighting the symptoms that overlap both. This might help you identify your actual skin type and stay away from myths that mislead.
Beauty Articles1. Reviving Ancient Wisdom: The Art And Science Of Traditional Chinese Facial Gua Sha
Author: Natural Gua Sha
2. 5 Beauty Essentials Everyone Should Have In Their Collection
Author: AGE Social
3. Nurturing Success Through Vulnerability And Empathy In The Modern Organization
Author: Yantra Inc
4. "youth In A Bottle: Skincare Products To Reverse The Signs Of Aging
5. How To Make Sure You Buy The Right Perfume Online?
6. 5 Reasons To Hire A Professional Wedding Makeup Artist In Pune
Author: Sneha Bahekar
7. Exquisite Elegance: 5 Stunning Real Gold Moissanite Jewelry Pieces For Your Wedding Day From Giolleria Jewelry
8. Your Guide To A Great Barbershop Experience
Author: sourav pathak
9. Unveiling The Link Between Inflammatory Markers And Hair Loss: Crp, Esr, And Cytokines
Author: William Neeson
10. Unveiling The Science: How Pimple Patches Revolutionize Skincare
11. A Daily Routine To Care For Your Skin Is Not Negotiable
Author: TONE Dermatology
12. Finding A Makeup Artist For Wedding? What To Check Before Selecting Makeup Artist?
Author: Sneha Bahekar Makeup Artist
13. Unlocking Your Body's Potential With Stem Crum Therapy: A Deeper Dive
Author: Mahajan Skin Clinic
14. Unlocking Precision And Power: Understanding The Q-switch Laser Technology
Author: Mahajan Skin Clinic
15. Glam Up Your Life: Exclusive Beauty Finds And Insider Tips At Our Store