ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
How To Pick The Right Skincare Ingredients For Your Skin Type
A skin concern becomes an issue when you are not able to resolve it with the everyday shelf products you use or you are unable to decipher how to address it. So, the first step in any skin treatment regime is to determine your skin type. Whether it is normal, oily, dry, or sensitive, one has to find out before applying anything on this precious epidermal layer. Being the largest organ of our body, our skin is largely influenced by various external as well as internal factors.
What we eat and drink should be in synchrony with what our skin needs. For instance, if your skin is oily and acne-prone, you cannot afford to consume lots of fried items with gallons of oil residing in them. Similarly, if your skin is highly sensitive or allergic, you should check for the ingredients before you gulp just anything down your throat. Along with these precautions, one must pay heed to simple skin are tips if you want a healthy and youthful skin. Below listed are a few tips that would help you judge what’s right for you and what’s not.
For oily skin type —
• Lemon- Being a natural antiseptic and a storehouse of vitamin ...
... C, it sweeps off the excess oil and sebum accumulated in your skin pores.
• Tea Tree- Tea tree is the best astringent for oily and acne-prone skin. It combats bacteria and keeps blemishes away.
• Kaolin Clay- A kaolin clay mask when applied twice or thrice a week absorbs the excess oil from your skin and withdraws the dead cell debris away.
• Jojoba Oil- It curbs sebum production by signaling the oil glands to stop further production so as to prevent excess shine.
• Honey- It moisturizes the skin without making it too oily and prevents acne with its antiseptic properties.
• Oatmeal- It is a gentle exfoliator that scrubs and soothes simultaneously. Its balanced amino acids and high silica content retain the skin’s natural moisture.
• Apple cider vinegar- When diluted with enough water to balance off skin’s oiliness, it also tightens pores and makes them less visible.
• Turmeric- It absorbs the excess oil from your face and brightens it bringing out the natural glow.
• Avocado- This fruit is packed with vitamins A, D, and E that nourish your skin. It helps control excess oil production and reduces inflammation. Mash this fruit with raw honey and yogurt to get the best results.
For dry skin type —
• Sunflower Seed Oil- It improves hydration when used as a moisturizer without making it too greasy or too shiny.
• Coconut Oil- It is as safe and effective as petroleum jelly for dry skin. It contains saturated fatty acids and increases the number of lipids when applied to the skin surface.
• Oatmeal Bath- Adding powdered oatmeal to a bath or applying oatmeal-based creams can treat dry skin. The extract of oatmeal contains anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
• Honey- It is a natural moisturizer which has both healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Aloe Vera- Applying Aloe Vera gel on dry skin and then covering it up with a sock or glove overnight can do wonders on dry skin.
• Cocoa butter- This is the fat obtained from cocoa beans. Its fatty acids hydrate and nourish the skin, retaining the moisture in the skin barrier. Its phytochemicals improve the blood flow to the skin, making it smooth and scar-free.
• Shea Butter- This ivory coloured nut extract is packed with vitamins and fatty acids. It moisturizes the skin and spreads easily, thereby leading to skin smoothening and conditioning.
• Argan Oil- Derived from the kernel of argan fruits, this natural oil is mostly made up of oleic and linoleic acids. Its oral, as well as a topical application, improves the moisture content of the skin.
• Primrose Oil- Its healing properties can be attributed to its gamma-linoleic acid content that is taken as a supplement or applied topically to retain skin moisture. It also improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
For sensitive skin type —
• Aloe Vera– This miracle ingredient is suitable for all skin types. It nourishes and hydrates the skin, healing any sores, rashes, or itches.
• Calendula Extract- Its soothing extract is ideal for sensitive skin. Its anti-oxidants calm irritated or inflamed skin. It is widely known for its healing powers.
• Chamomile Extract- Its gentleness and comforting scent are ideal for sensitive skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties for calming and hydrating inflamed skin.
• Shea Butter- It is an excellent moisturizer for all skin types and all ages. It repairs flaky skin conditions and reduces wrinkles gently. It soothes irritated skin and is great for relieving eczema.
• Squalane- It is a lipid produced by the skin’s own cells, but, when it is not enough, it has to be supplied externally. External squalene mimics the skin’s natural oils and is an excellent emollient. Its anti-inflammatory properties can heal various conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and rosacea.
For Combination skin type —
• Best Oil- The best oil for combination skin is non-comedogenic organic vegetable oil with regulatory properties. It easily penetrates the epidermis without any greasiness. E.g., jojoba, hazelnut, grape seed, sesame, and safflower. The essential oils suitable for combination skin are geranium, rosemary, lavender, lemon, ylang-ylang, and tea tree.
• Hydrosols- Unlike oils, hydrosols are suitable for all skin types. The hydrolat of orange blossom, rose and witch hazel soothe the skin, while, lavender, rosemary, peppermint and geranium perform a purifying action.
• Moisturizers- Aloe Vera, Hyaluronic acid, cucumber, and glycerine are the best moisturizers for combination skin types.
• Purifying ingredients- Zinc, salicylic acid, copaiba, and willow bark are anti-imperfection ingredients for combination skin.
• Balancing Actives- Bearberry, rice water, green clay, and silica eliminate the excess sebum and keep the skin balanced.
So, charm your way to a beautiful skin with these ingredients that harness your natural beauty. Stay away from products that give momentary glow that is both fake and deceiving.
Beauty Articles1. The Benefits Of Essential Oils For Scarring
Author: Kavita Sahai
2. 5 Key Way You Should Know What Is A Bath Bomb!
Author: Ziesha Aslam
3. How To Find The Best Perfume And How To Judge Its Quality
4. No Waiting, Just Book Your Hair Appointment With Glowup App
5. Why Is The Salon Booking App Such A Huge Hit In India?
6. Use Your Phone And Book Appointment Today
7. How To Find The Best Hair Salon Near You?
8. Make Money By Booking Hair And Makeup In London For Weddings And Other Special Occasions
Author: Tina Prajapat Ltd
9. Sun Filters, Sunscreen, And Sun Protection
Author: Anil Kumar
10. What Are The Key Signs Of A Hygienic Pedicure Salon Calgary?
Author: Schon Jereza
11. Your Real Estate Marketing Plan
12. Reason To Use A Personal Stylist
Author: John Lynn
13. The Best Ayurvedic Shampoos To Help Combat Hair Fall
14. 10 Things You Need To Know About Acne Treatment
15. Glass Partition In Bangalore- Upvc Windows In Bangalore