ALL >> Education >> View Article
Steps To Learn Android App Development With Kotlin?
Kotlin is a general purpose statically typed programming language developed by JetBrains which has built leading IDEs like IntelliJ PhpStorm, App code, etc. It is one of the official languages for Android Development, sponsored by Google.
Kotlin is becoming the most adopted option by app developers and that’s the reason programmers and developers are seeking to learn android app development with Kotlin.
In this blog let us take you through a structural outline of how to make your first android app using Kotlin.
Step 1: Before you begin to start making your first android application make sure you have an android Studio application installed.
Step 2: Once you installed the Android Studio, open the app and make sure to select ‘Kotlin’ as your language, and click on ‘New Project’. You will see some tabs below click on ‘Phone and Tablet’ and select ‘Basic Activity. Click on ‘Next’ and you will be taken to the screen where ...
... you have to write the name and destination of your application. Click ‘Finish’ and within a couple of minutes, the project will be created.
Step 3: Create an Android Virtual Device so that you can preview your application in the Android Emulator. Android Studio has an AVD Manager to create and manage our virtual device where you can create your virtual phones, tablets, and more and test your applications.
Open the AVD Manager and go to Tools > AVD Manager
Click on ‘+’ and then ‘Create Virtual Device’
Now select the hardware that you want to test like- Phone, Tablet, TV and click ‘NEXT’
Choose your system Image this is the Android Version that you would like to use.
See if Android Studio asks you to download any system image, download if asks and click ‘NEXT’
Lastly, choose the orientation of the phone and click ‘FINISH’
Click the Play Button in the toolbar to run your application. It will come pre-baked with the basic activity navigation bar, an action button, and a “Hello World” text view.
As mentioned above this is just a basic Flowchart, however, you still need to learn many things like how to build a login screen, build the layout, use widgets, etc. which you can learn further once you are done with this.
Education Articles1. How Ielts Is Important
Author: Visa Solutions 4U
2. Singing Lesson In East Bay: A Great Way To Hone Your Singing Skills
Author: Alex Lazarev
3. Best Hcm Software Can Help You Manage The Workforce Properly!
Author: Enthrall Tech
4. Tips To Settle Down Your Career By Pursuing A Professional Course Online
Author: Alzbeta Berka
5. Best Nda Coaching Institute In Dehradun
Author: simran kaur
6. Key Factors To Consider When Looking For Ballet Schools In Limassol
Author: Vania Vrondi
7. Key Reasons Why You Should Consider Learning Music From A Professional
Author: Vania Vrondi
8. Learn Hebrew And Earn More With This Language
Author: Joseph Rodeback
9. Distance Mba Colleges: Admission 2022–23
10. Must-know Types Of Software Testing
Author: EduBridge India
11. Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Career Opportunities
12. Rajasthan Cet Application Form 2022
Author: Latest Job Hub
13. What Is Customer Centric Innovation?
Author: Pankaj Deshpande
14. Big Data Knows Everything - But How?
15. Why Playful Learning Is Effective For kids