ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Most Common Places To Check For Mold Harboring Areas
Do you know about the toughest threat to your healthy space? Yes, you have guessed right! Mold in your space can cause multiple problems, from an unpleasant odour to damaging floors and walls. The household mold mostly appears in humid & damp areas, which hosts multiple health problems. So, the best way to eliminate the mold is to ensure no active leakage and build-up moisture. But before starting the elimination process, it is necessary to understand the areas for mold growth. Here we have listed the most common places to check for mold in your home.
Places where you should keep your eyes on:
• Mold in your bathroom: In the bathroom, we have so many sources of water located in the dark & warm sections. This is the perfect space for the breeding mold. The most common areas of mold growth in the bathroom are between the tiles, on the bathroom mat, around the toilet and near the wall where the water heater has been installed. You should take instant action if you inspect mold in any of these places.
• Mold in a kitchen: The kitchen is another prone area for mold in home that needs to be mold-free. ...
... The most basic areas in the kitchen are the appliance seal of the dishwasher, under the kitchen sink, leaky pipe, faucet, wet sponge etc. When the seals in the kitchen are continuously wet, they start deteriorating and bring fungus. Therefore, cleaning the appliances inside and outside is essential to maintain hygiene and safety. Keep your eyes on the areas where mostly water collects. In some places, mold can grow in expired food, water dispensers, trash cans and window sills. To keep yourself away from this, clean your dishes and place them after drying. Change the trash bins, check the underneath sink and ask an expert if you need any help.
• Mold in the bedroom: Do you know that the mattresses we sleep on can have mold? It needs a replacement if you are using an old mattress, soaking a fair amount of sweat over the years. When the sweat combines with your body's heat, it develops the perfect condition for fungal growth if you have installed the AC & any other heating unit in your room that also needs a cleanup.
• Mold in the living room: Yes, there is no such water source in the living area, but this area is mostly filled with paper and documents. So, if the paper gets dumped, it can quickly sprout mold. To eliminate this, you can use dehumidifiers. Ensure you are not overwatering the plants if you have them in your living area. Check the AC unit inside & outside and give them maintenance at least once a year.
If you have spotted different areas prone to mold in home, immediate action should be taken. Dealing with mold requires many considerations regarding safety. Furthermore, if you are a novice, it would be better to call an expert for help.
If you have questions about how professionals work or would like to have your home inspected for mold, contact us today or give us a call at (650) 762-6228
Bayareamoldspros is a leading mold inspection and mold testing company providing quality mold analysis services and helping families & businesses overcome the devastating setbacks caused by mold. Visit our website bayareamoldpros.com either email us or complete our contact form today for an estimate and to schedule our mold inspection services.
Bay Area Mold Pros is a locally-owned and operated company that specializes in mold testing and mold inspection for residential and commercial properties.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Highly Tips To Find The Best Locksmith Services
Author: Debranne Williams
2. Learn Why You Should Choose Stamped Concrete For Flooring
Author: Sourav Roy
3. How To Plant Fall Crop Tomatoes
Author: doris zhang
4. Key Advantages Of Hiring A Professional Spider Control Utah
Author: robert smith
5. Choose Good Quality Glass Pool Fences Always
Author: Chloe Kellaway
6. How To Hide A Camera Inside Your Home?
Author: Owen Summerville
7. Different Ways Of Rodent Control For Your Residential House
Author: Anna Hall
8. Why Should You Prune Dormant Trees?
Author: Noah Dransfield
9. Discover Why Professional Tree Stump Removal In Aberdeen Is Considered One Of The Best Investments You Can Make In Your Property
Author: SG Tree Services
10. Why You Should Be Recommending That Your Family And Friends Have Gutter Clearing Done In Salford
Author: Mike Harris Gutter Cleaning & Repairs
11. How Can An Architect Help You Save Money On The Construction Work?
Author: Garry Stacks
12. Where Can You Use The Domestic Sheds?
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. Be Familiar With The Benefits Of Fibreglass Swimming Pools
Author: Rory Carruthers
14. Renovating Your Kitchen To Include The Modern Appliances
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. Why Should You Install Awnings In Your Residential Property?
Author: Lincoln Gawler