ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Keep Your Vehicle In Good Shape When You Are Out Of Town?
If you are going out of station for few months and you have to leave behind your car, make sure that you take the necessary steps to keep it in good condition. When a vehicle is left in the unused for long, its condition tends to go down. You will face difficulty in starting the vehicle. And even when you do, the performance of the vehicle is not good. Following are some steps that can prevent this situation from arising:
Leave the Handbrake Off - what we mean is that you should keep the vehicle in the stationary position by using a wheel wedge or a brick. When you use the handbrake for a long duration, it puts unnecessary pressure on the brake pads; as a result, the wear and tear is more. There will be an increased friction the next time you drive. If your vehicle has a manual transmission, keep it on first or reverse gear.
Check the Battery - when the car’s engine is not is use for long; the condition of the battery goes down. This is the reason why you should start the car once in every three days so that the engine is in good state. However, ...
... since you will be out of town for several months, you can disconnect the cable at the negative battery terminal.
Did You Know about Tyre Flats? - When a vehicle is parked on the same spot for several months on stretch the tyres tend to flat. Hence, it is best to start the car and drive around and then park the car again so that the tyres are in good condition.
Keep the Fluid Tank Filled - Even when the car is not in use for few months, you should keep the fluid tank filled. Moisture tends to grow in empty fluid tanks. However, once you start using the car, get it checked to make sure that the oil has not become sludgy.
The Car should Smell Fresh - Since your car is going to be in locked down condition for months, it is best to use a car freshener. This will keep the inside air fresh and interesting. Otherwise when you open the car in few months, it will start to smell musty and foul.
In addition to these tips, you should get your car checked by experts at an authorised European car service Perth centre. Let the experts inspect the car and if required get the parts replaced with original ones at the authorised European car service Perth centre.
About the Author: This contribution has been made by Oliver Mertin who has written a number of articles on European Car Service Perth and provides fruitful information.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Prefer Car Detailing From The Best Car Detailers Rockville?
Author: Jeff Smith
2. Fleet Management Solutions In Saudi
Author: sharad sri
3. Three Benefits Of Buying A Mazda Cx-5 Demo
Author: Paradise Motors Mazda
4. What Information Need To Know When Purchasing A Truck Refrigeration Unit?
Author: Guchen Industry
5. Tips To Maintain A Car You Don’t Drive Often?
6. What Make A Car Rental Company Successful?
Author: Nicholas Manchee
7. Why Is It Crucial To Take Driving Lessons From Professionals?
Author: Nicholas Manchee
8. Is It Cheaper To Drive Your Car Or Ship It Interstate?
Author: Statewide Logistics QLD
9. Things You Should Know About The Harley Parts
Author: Levi Fysh
10. What Is The Significance Of An Obd2 Scan Tool?
Author: Hamish Crotty
11. Take Proper Care Of Your Car By Following These Rules
Author: Oliver Mertin
12. Which One Is Better - Commercial Car Wash Or Self Car Wash?
Author: Anthony Gellatly
13. Why Should You Hire For Corporate Taxis For Your Office?
Author: Elijah Peters
14. Four Basic Types Of Motorcycle Helmet Houston Found In Market To Offer Protection
Author: James Clark
15. Top 6 Reasons That Make Bharatbenz Tipper Trucks The Best In Punjab
Author: Globe Trucking