ALL >> Health >> View Article
Paediatric Dentist Brisbane | Zen Dental Studio Bridgeman Downs
What is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)?
Have you heard about the Child Dental Benefits Schedule? It assists in basic dental treatment over two years for eligible children. We bulk bill and there is no out of pocket charge for your child’s treatment until the eligible limit is reached. We check your child’s eligibility before dental treatment to ensure no out of pocket expense.
An eligible child is aged 2-17 and is applicable for Medicare and to receive the Family Tax Part A or another relevant Australian Government payment.
Find more information on the CDBS by visiting the Australian Government page
How much does my health insurance cover?
Majority of the times we can check your child’s expected out of pocket costs on the day of appointment with our HICAPS instant claims machine so that you have peace of mind.
When should your child first visit the dentist at Zen Dental Studio?
It is highly recommended to bring your child along for a dental appointment between their first tooth erupting through, and before the age of two. There are so many exciting changes happening ...
... in their little mouth and it is very important to track their growth and development.
A child needs to visit the dentist regularly for a check up as well as to make them feel comfortable at the dentist. Sometimes, a children’s clean may also be required depending upon age.
My child’s baby teeth are anyways going to fall, so why are they important?
Your child’s baby teeth in addition to chewing act as natural space maintainers. This means that they hold the space for the permanent teeth to come through. If a baby tooth is affected and needs early removal, it may be required to keep the space until the adult teeth can come through. This helps prevent future potential orthodontic problems and potentially can save lots of time, effort and money down the line.
How do I keep my child’s teeth clean?
Brushing your child’s teeth
While your child is young and growing, you will need to clean their teeth for them. You will have to help them brush their teeth up until they are 3-4 years of age. After that, start letting your child brush their teeth and observe and guide them.
Make sure you brush your child’s teeth twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening before bed.
Even once you stop brushing your child’s teeth and allow them to do it themselves, it’s important to supervise to make sure they are brushing properly.
What Can I Do To Protect My Child’s Baby Teeth?
1. Nutritious food – Vegetables, fruits and healthy snacks are important
2. Regular dental appointments – Make sure you bring your child to the dentist every six months’
3. Avoid sugary products – Make sure you avoid sugary products, especially from a young age, as sugar can easily become an addiction that your child will want. Because it’s yummy!
4. Drink water – Make sure your child is drinking enough water. Your tap water may also have fluoride in it, which is good for protecting teeth.
5. Inspect your child’s mouth regularly – Regularly look for signs of tooth decay or other issues.
How to make a children’s dental appointment a positive experience?
There are many things you can do to and shouldn’t do to make your child’s dental experiences positive.
Tips to make your child’s dental experience positive:
Bring them along to your check-ups
Don’t mention anything negative regarding the dentist
Don’t mention pain or dental fears
Let your child play games or read storybooks about the dentist
Mention the dentist regularly, so they see it as a routine
Ensure your dental appointment is early in the day (helps to ensure your child is awake and not tired)
Arrive at your appointment early, and let your child become aware of the surroundings
Give your child’s full attention to the dentist
Why is it important & beneficial for your child to regularly visit us at Zen Dental Studio?
There are many important factors in children’s dentistry, including the following:
We will help detect any early potential orthodontic issues. Sometimes, feeding issues after birth, habits such as thumb or finger sucking, mouth breathing, nasal blockages, allergies, can all affect development of the correct shape and position of the jaws as well as teeth positioning at this young age. This, if caught and identified early can be treated and corrected, potentially preventing further problems as a teenager. Sometimes, an early referral to an ENT, myofunctional therapist or other practitioner for assessment can be life changing.
Detect tooth decay in their baby and adult teeth.
Prevent small problems from becoming big problems
The dentist will provide treatments like fluoride to help protect teeth after the 1st adult teeth come through.
Your child will learn to feel comfortable visiting the dentist
As a parent, you can ask any questions you have, not only related to their teeth but also to their oral hygiene, nutrition and sleep patterns.
Come get expert dentistry like never before in Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane. Our friendly team provides a welcoming and calming atmosphere in our clinic.
Health Articles1. There Is A Lot “ In Between The Lines – Tile & Grout Cleaning
Author: Manoj Patel
2. Hygienic Work Ambience… Is All That We Leave Behind – Brisbane Commecial Cleaning
Author: Manoj Patel
3. A Sparkling Clean Carpet… Is Our Promise – Bccpc We Always Honour Our Promise
Author: Manoj Patel
4. Sports Massage Near Me: The Advantages
Author: Leigh Everett
5. Achieving A Beautiful Smile: Your Guide To Teeth Straightening In Brisbane
Author: Adaamal Ford
6. The Impact Of Collagen On Joint Health
Author: Apex vitals
7. Painless Relief Is Here – Root Canal Pain – Dental Precinct Team At Townsville
Author: Vikram Vasisht
8. Unveiling Your Best Smile With Invisalign In Philadelphia
Author: Frank Williams
9. We Will Relieve Your Pain Today – Emergency Dentist Sydney
Author: Vikit Shah
10. Surrogacy In India | Legal Status Of Surrogacy
11. Mastering The Art Of Anti-aging
12. Stomach Cancer: Treatment And Foods
Author: Magicine Pharma
13. Childhood Immunisations North Sydney – Community Well-being
Author: Dr. Sukhwinder Singh
14. Blepharoplasty, Also Referred To As Eye Surgery, Performed By Oculoplastic Surgeons Isabeacon Of Aesthetic Innovation
Author: Pari Shams
15. Prenatal Vitamins With Folic Acid: A Comprehensive Guide
Author: Vikash Sharma