ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
The Dirty Data Dilemma (and How To Avoid It) By Gluedata
GlueData has a team of SAP data specialists that helps global SAP clientele master their data with the help of our data management tools, services and solutions. We pride ourselves because we provide outstanding results to our clients across the globe. This week we are covering the topic "The Dirty Data Dilemma and how to avoid it". Read out our entire blog.
Data hygiene isn’t easy, but it is an essential part of your business process, and if neglected it can cause unthinkable damage. On average, dirty data is the data that is inaccurate, incomplete or inconsistent and costs a business 15% to 25% of revenue, and the US economy over $3 trillion a year. Quite simply, with bad data, you’re leaving money on the table.
Data informs nearly every facet of industry decision making, deeply affecting our lives - from why groceries aren’t selling and how people move through airports to the unique order of our Netflix feeds, and the music Spotify serves. If you consider that companies around the world believe 26% of their data is inaccurate or corrupt, or that only 16% of business executives are confident in the accuracy ...
... that underlies their business decisions, the dilemma of dirty data (or rather the missed opportunities) becomes crystal clear.
In addition to the revenue loss, dirty data impacts businesses in more dangerously subtle and stealthy ways. When you can’t rely on your own data, something quickly needs to be done to increase your data accuracy and reliability.
What makes data dirty?
Human error accounts for more than 60% of all dirty data – which should come as no surprise. The human brain is simply inept at mastering fault-free manual inputs. The other 40% is a combination of inaccurate records and poor data strategy, which often circles back to human error anyway.
Dirty data is also commonly the result of departmental miscommunication – different teams feeding the system with related data from separate siloes, without cooperation or internal data logic. It’s the old adage of the left-hand vs the right-hand. Internal bureaucracy can mean dirty data goes unchecked or unnoticed for years. In fact, it’s reported that over 57% of companies only discover dirty data when it’s reported by the customer or prospects.
How can you get it clean?
Data cleansing or data cleaning is the (often painstaking) process of detecting and correcting corrupt or inaccurate records. This involves identifying incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant parts of the data and then replacing, editing, or deleting the dirty entries until you’re left with crisp, clean, useful data.
The challenge is, that there are many tools that can identify the source of your dirty data, but few can actually fix the problem. As SAP data experts and official Build Partners, we realised that our clients needed a solution within the SAP framework that identified their data challenges and solved them simply, affordably and permanently. So, we built one.
Welcome a revolutionary in-SAP tool that cleans your dirty data
SimpleData Management (SDM) is a master data management tool embedded within SAP. It’s the first product of its kind to rapidly identify and solve your data challenges, proactively setting up structures to prevent them from reoccurring.
One of the most comprehensive SAP data solutions, SDM offers in-built data governance and management that’s simple, affordable and sustainable. It makes dirty data clean and drives a culture of high-quality data in your organisation.
Understanding dirty data isn’t just helpful, it’s essential. The good news is anyone can master data management with the right data management tools. Explore our best in class tool.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Comment Trouver La Meilleure Société De Moulage Par Injection ?
2. Iptv And Video On Demand (vod)
3. Erp Accounting Software – All You Need To Know
Author: Copper Mobile
4. Follow These Troubleshooting Ways To Fix Your Iphone Issues
Author: Charlie Wollstonecraft
5. Common Problems That Ipad Users Complain About
Author: Henry Cumpston
6. Smooth Interfaces For Good Interaction
7. Wider Reach Of Communication With Australian Virtual Numbers
8. How Can I Build The Best White-label Nft Marketplace?
Author: Clara Fernandas
9. What Is Green Energy?
Author: Prashant Pathak
10. What’s Supplier Relationship Management Software & How To Start?
Author: Copper Mobile
11. How Does Corporate Survey System Help In Improving Stability Of The Company
Author: Yunus Abbasi
12. Boost Connectivity With Largest Smartphone Corporation
13. Isaca Report Uncovers Significant Supply Chain Security Gaps In India And Globally
14. Importance Of Advanced Manufacturing Productivity Software
Author: Yunus Abbasi
15. Chatbots And Online Shopping Experience | Ciolook
Author: cio look