ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Data Center Liquid Cooling Market To Witness Huge Growth With Cagr Of 27.31% Till 2026
Liquid cooling was initially designed for supercomputers during the 1960s. IBM utilized liquid cooling for its System360 mainframe computers; however, it was expensive and had few applications limited to supercomputers and mainframes only. These computers were very rare and were used for mission-critical applications. Thus, liquid cooling was essential to keep them running at an optimum temperature. The global data center liquid cooling market is at a growing stage as compared to well-established markets of other cooling methods.
Since the formation of the Kigali Amendment in 2016 (leading to a global ban of few industrial gases such as chlorofluorocarbons and limited consumption of hydrochlorofluorocarbons and hydrofluorocarbons) and similar movements across regions, such as the EU Green Deal formed in 2019, a greater emphasis is now given to sustainability and energy efficiency, which has pushed the demand for liquid cooling technologies as a cleaner and energy-efficient alternative to traditional cooling.
The global data center liquid cooling market is expected to reach $7.7 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of ...
... 27.31% during the forecast period 2021-2026. High growth in the market is expected to be driven by the growing need for green and energy-efficient alternatives to existing cooling infrastructure. Apart from this, increased emphasis on digitization, growing internet reach, and cloud migration has led to an increase in IT workloads globally. This will eventually increase the rack power densities. Liquid cooling technologies have higher efficiency for high rack densities as compared to air-based cooling systems. Thus, the growing demand for data centers is also responsible for such high growth in the data center liquid cooling market.
Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market by End-User
The data center liquid cooling market by end-use industry is led by the IT and telecom industry. The telecom industry is the largest consumer of data centers. Data centers are a crucial part of the ICT industry as data transmission and data delivery operations require better connectivity. As communication is the biggest factor contributing to the success of the ICT industry, data centers have become critical to this industry. Thus, the demand for data center liquid cooling from the IT and telecom industry is highest amongst industries.
Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market by Data Center Type
The market by data center type is dominated by hyperscale data center type. This is since most of the leading hyper-scale and cloud service providers have committed to increased energy efficiency and reduced carbon emissions. These companies include Google LLC, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon AWS. Another factor contributing to this is the growing emphasis on cloud migration. More companies globally are either planning or have already migrated some of their operations to cloud computing.
Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market by
The market for indirect cooling is expected to lead the market by solutions in the data center liquid cooling market by solution type. This is due to the wide adoption and better availability of indirect cooling systems. As compared to direct cooling technologies, such as immersion cooling and direct-to-chip cooling, the indirect cooling market has more vendors and manufacturers, which have helped it assume a leading market position.
Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market by Region
Europe is expected to lead the market for data center liquid cooling in the near future. This is due to the wide acceptance of environment-friendly policies and an increase in emphasis on energy efficiency in almost all industrial sectors. Apart from this, European Union has formed a Green Deal, which dictates plans to make the entire data center and information and communications technology (ICT) industry carbon neutral by 2030.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Key market players operating in the market include Aquila Group, Asetek, Inc., Aspen Systems Inc., Asperitas, Chilldyne, Inc., Cooler Master Co., Ltd., CoolIt Systems, DCX The Liquid Cooling Company, ExaScaler Inc., Fujitsu, International Business Machines Corporation, Schneider Electric, Submer, 3M, and Royal Dutch Shell plc.
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected based on a selective pool of players, primarily Tier-1 (which holds 50-60% of the market) and mid-segment players (comprise of 30-40% share), and small emerging companies (holds the balance 10-20% share), based on various factors such as product portfolio, annual revenues, market penetration, research, and development initiatives, along with a domestic and international presence in the industry.
Key questions answered in the Report
• What is the estimated global data center liquid cooling market size in terms of revenue for the forecast period 2021-2026, and what is the expected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period 2021-2026?
• What are the key trends, market drivers, and opportunities in the market pertaining to data center liquid cooling?
• What are the major restraints inhibiting the growth of the global data center liquid cooling market?
• What kinds of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
• What is the competitive strength of the key players in the data center liquid cooling market on the basis of analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
• How is the competitive benchmarking of the key data center liquid cooling companies in the agriculture market based on the analysis of their market coverage and market potential?
• How much revenue each of the segments is expected to record during the forecast period along with the growth percentage? Following are the segments:
o End Use Industry, including IT and Telecom, Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI), Government and Public Sector, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail
o Data Center Type, including Hyperscale Centers, Enterprise Type, Colocation Data Centers
o Solution Type, including Indirect Cooling (Row Based, Rack Based) and Direct Cooling (Single Phase, Two Phase)
o Region, including North America, the U.K., Europe, Asia-Pacific and Japan, China, and the Rest-of-the-world
• Which type of players and stakeholders are operating in the market ecosystem of the data center liquid cooling market, and what is their significance in the global market?
• How does the regulatory landscape differ in different regions for data center liquid cooling?
How This Report Can Add Value
Business and Corporate Strategies
The data center liquid cooling market players have opted for partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures, as well as product development strategies as a way of establishing dominance in the market. Out of the total strategies and developments observed in this market from January 2018 till April 2021, almost 45% were related to partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures, which is followed by product developments with almost 43% share in total developments.
The only way to have a breakthrough in the market is by launching a product or component with unique capabilities. For instance, in March 2021, Submer, a leading innovator in advanced immersion cooling solutions for data centers and cloud edge computing, launched its latest immersion cooling solution, the MegaPod.
BIS Related Studies
Carbon Neutral Data Center Market - A Global and Regional Analysis
Global Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Market
Hardware/Software Articles1. Add Free Protection To Your Network And Computer With Glasswire Firewall
Author: GlassWire company
2. Accounts Receivable & Your New Ehr: 5 Steps To Success
Author: Triyam Inc
3. Top 3 Reasons To Invest In Supplier Enabling Technology
Author: Prasanna Rajendran
4. Klas Research On Ehr Data Archival
Author: Triyam Inc
5. 6 Reasons To Choose Magento App Builder For Mobile App Development
Author: Maulik Shah
6. Mergers, Acquisitions And Data, Oh My!
Author: Triyam Inc
7. What Is Business Intelligence And Why Is It Important In Decision-making?
Author: DigiPrima Technologies
8. Top 5 Marketing Strategies To Uplift Your Igaming Business
Author: Innosoft Group
9. State Wise Ehr Data Retention Requirements
Author: Triyam Inc
10. Four Ways An Outsourced Agile Product Owner Delivers Value
11. How To Get A Home Energy – Efficiency Audit & Assessment
Author: Mitesh Patel
12. Turn Your Photos Into Amazing Artworks With Photo Pos Pro
Author: Shai Harel
13. Top Benefits Of Integrating Ml Into Mobile Apps
14. The Physician Has Left The Building: Now What?
Author: Triyam Inc
15. Top 5 Challenges And Solutions Facing Hr In The Healthcare Industry
Author: Jack Hall