ALL >> Service >> View Article
Can Bio-stimulants Increase Yield And Productivity In Tomato Plants?
Tomato is botanically known as Lycopersicum esculentum. It is one of the widely cultivated vegetables across the globe. It is also an important crop of India. Process tomatoes rank amongst the top 10 exported commodities worldwide. As a result of its importance in the import-export scenario and also because of its status as one of the key crops, utmost care is taken during its cultivation to ensure optimal quality of crop and yield. Good nutrient management is needed to ensure optimal growth, health, and yield of the crop, along with pest management services.
Various technologies and products are utilized to ensure that the best quality of nutrients is available to facilitate a good crop yield. The approaches that incorporate practices to boost the crop’s tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses, improve nutrient availability and help in increasing its immune response towards diseases, pests, and so on are key to obtaining a good yield and to ensuring high productivity.
Flowering in tomato plants
Flowering in tomato plants is a crucial stage in the crop. It marks the plant’s life cycle ...
... and reproductive process on which the quality of the harvest and the success of the production depends.
There are three factors that play an important role in the flowering of the tomato plant. First, the right climatic conditions ensure the development and fertilization of the pollen tube. Secondly the presence of well-formed and well-structured flowers. And thirdly and most importantly ensuring that the plant can cope with the energy demands of the flowering period will condition the whole cycle.
There are various compounds that can be used to overcome these challenges. Biostimulants are one of the best methods to ensure nutrient efficiency, stimulate plant growth and also increase yield and productivity. Many studies have proven the potential of biostimulants in improving crop yield.
What are biostimulants?
Biostimulants contain a wide variety of minerals, botanical and microbial substances, or materials that help in stimulating the natural process in plants, improve the crop’s resistance towards biotic and abiotic stress and also improve the overall crop health. They are also known as plant supplements or plant strengtheners.
Organic compounds like peptides, amino acids, polysaccharides, seaweeds, phytohormones, and humic acids. The use of naturally derived and bio-based compounds makes them suitable for organic farming and also reduces the dependence on chemical fertilizers. In addition to this, they are able to stimulate the natural processes of the crop.
The plant biostimulant for tomatoes by JivAgro enhances flowering and optimizes the fruit yield. Its application encourages the production of specific proteins when the plants have an increased energy demand, like at the time of flowering.
The use of biostimulants optimizes the production yields and quality while also having an extraordinary effect on the metabolism of the plants. It has been shown that the application of biostimulants significantly increases the number of tomato fruits and flowers per plant. They help in:
• Improving the plant’s metabolism, thus resulting in better yield and improved crop quality.
• Increasing the plant’s tolerance to abiotic stress.
• Facilitating nutrient assimilation, translocation, and use.
• Improving the quality of the crop such as the colour, fruit seeing, and sugar content.
• Enhancing the fertility of the soil by supporting the development of soil-friendly micro-organisms.
Biostimulants can prove to be useful in improving the yield and quality of the tomato crop in a more sustainable and eco-friendly way as compared to the widely used commercial fertilizers. They can help to reduce the need for agricultural inputs and in improving the tolerance of the crop to stress. When used with the best tomato insecticide in India, biostimulants can help improve crop vigour, crop yield, crop quality, and the plant’s tolerance to abiotic stresses greatly. They can greatly improve the nutrient efficiency of the crop in both controlled and open environments.
Biostimulants work in a different method as compared to fertilizers and fungicides. They act on the plant’s vigour rather than taking direct actions towards the pests or diseases affecting it. Thus, they have to be used with high-quality fungicides for tomatoes in India for optimal results.
I have been writing informative and high-quality article on Hoticare. In the above articles have covered topics such as best tomato insecticide in India, fungicides for tomato in India, plant biostimulant for tomatoes jivagro
Service Articles1. Switch Delhi Campaign Launched By Delhi Government, Tata Power-ddl Provides Subsidy
Author: mansi luthra
2. Air And Train Ambulance Services In Vellore | Limra Ambulance
Author: Limra Ambulance
3. Advantage Of Diamond Saw Blades
4. Reasons To Hire A Management Service For Your Wikipedia Page
Author: Sunidhi Chauhan
5. Giving Construction A New Face With Enhanced Project Quality And Reduced Rework Using Bim
6. Vashikaran Specialist In Bangalore | Genuine Kerala Astro
Author: Siddharth Acharya
7. Express Delivery Shipping Costs In Australia For Domestic Shipping
Author: Ship2Anywhere Aus
8. Social Media Tips By Im Solutions, One Of The Best Smm Company In Bangalore
Author: IM Solutions
9. How Can Shopify Shipping Apps Help You Save Money And Speed Up Delivery?
10. Here Are Some Reasons Why You Should Consider Hiring Professional Window Cleaners In Dublin
Author: Robert Clarke
11. Is It Better To Wrap Than To Paint A Car?
Author: Jeff Smith
12. A Guide To Construction Rfis Including Construction Management Software
13. Why Do Companies Require Efficient Packaging?
14. Getting Help From Professional Flood Restoration Company
15. Best Dog Food For Golden Retrievers
Author: Pet Dormitory