ALL >> Service >> View Article
Pressure Cleaning Carports & Pergolas
Here at Gutter Wiz, we don’t just do Gutter Cleaning.
We also do Pressure Cleaning Window Cleaning & Solar Panel Cleaning. Here is an example Pressure Cleaning Carports & Pergolas.
A dirty Lichen covered carport roof in Somers on the Mornington Peninsula. You can see that the roof surface is growing Moss and lichen. Lichen
We managed to get it back to a reasonable state although there were traces where the lichen had already eaten into the roof surface. It pays to clean your roof especially Colorbond before the Lichen growth can damage the surface. Along with Pressure Cleaning Carports & Pergolas. , we also have treatments that can kill off this type of growth. Feel free to call me at any time for advice or a quote. Jeff 0411314104
What Is Lichen?
Lichen is a growing organism but it is not a single organism. It is a symbiosis of multiple organisms, meaning organisms living together. It comes from algae or cyanobacteria emerging from a type of fungi. There are over 20,000 species of Lichen worldwide and over 3000 known in Australia. Its growth rate is slow, only up to 1 -2 mm per ...
... year. Some Lichens are considered to be amongst the oldest living organisms.
How Does It Grow?
Without getting too technical/ Lichen can grow from small pieces breaking off and being blown to another area and growing on its own (vegetative reproduction). This is most likely when it is dry and brittle. Another way Lichen reproduce is by dispersing diaspores.
On What Roof Surfaces Does Lichen Grow?
I find that lichen tends to grow on Metal roofs, Terracotta Tiles but rarely on cement tile roofs. The exception of cement tile roofs seems to be if the tiles have been painted. If the tiles have been painted, we sometimes find lichen growing on them, especially on the bottom (more porous) edge of the tile.
Does Lichen Damage My Roof Surface?
From my experience, of all roof surfaces, Colorbond is the most susceptible surface. If left long enough the lichen eats in – or roots into the Colorbond coating. Often – even after cleaning – small circular like patterns of exposed metal appear where the lichen has been removed. That is why I recommend cleaning before the lichen has the chance to do this.
Service Articles1. Switch Delhi Campaign Launched By Delhi Government, Tata Power-ddl Provides Subsidy
Author: mansi luthra
2. Air And Train Ambulance Services In Vellore | Limra Ambulance
Author: Limra Ambulance
3. Advantage Of Diamond Saw Blades
4. Reasons To Hire A Management Service For Your Wikipedia Page
Author: Sunidhi Chauhan
5. Giving Construction A New Face With Enhanced Project Quality And Reduced Rework Using Bim
6. Vashikaran Specialist In Bangalore | Genuine Kerala Astro
Author: Siddharth Acharya
7. Express Delivery Shipping Costs In Australia For Domestic Shipping
Author: Ship2Anywhere Aus
8. Social Media Tips By Im Solutions, One Of The Best Smm Company In Bangalore
Author: IM Solutions
9. How Can Shopify Shipping Apps Help You Save Money And Speed Up Delivery?
10. Here Are Some Reasons Why You Should Consider Hiring Professional Window Cleaners In Dublin
Author: Robert Clarke
11. Is It Better To Wrap Than To Paint A Car?
Author: Jeff Smith
12. A Guide To Construction Rfis Including Construction Management Software
13. Why Do Companies Require Efficient Packaging?
14. Getting Help From Professional Flood Restoration Company
15. Best Dog Food For Golden Retrievers
Author: Pet Dormitory