ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Magento Free Vs. Paid Extensions: Your E-commerce Success Depends On Your Choice
Worldwide, more than 250,000 businesses rely on Magento for their e-commerce activities. Even with the launch of new e-commerce platforms, Magento holds around 12% of the market share, thus making it the relying option for businesses looking to establish their brand online.
If you are new to the Magento marketplace, you will find that you can customize your website with the help of a wide range of commercial Magento extensions. There are many paid and free options available online to ensure significant customization for your business.
Are you confused between choosing free and premium extensions? Remember the phrase "there is nothing more expensive than free," which means if you install the extension simply because it is free, you will not enjoy the benefits you intend to derive from the module. Alternatively, if you believe that an expensive option is the best one, the reality is different. It is time to consider both the alternatives in detail.
Free Magento Extensions: No Cost Upgrades for your E-commerce Store
There are several hundred free extensions available for store owners to upgrade their ...
... stores. If you are looking to cut down your costs and adhere to your budget, choosing a free extension can solve your problems. Luckily, a majority of Magento extension developers offer free extensions for the most common requirements of businesses. So, if your need is related to basic customization, you will find a free extension in no time.
What are the Common Free Magento Extensions Available Today?
1. Let’s take a look at a few commonly available free Magento extensions to help you customize your store.
2. Free Magento Popup Modal extension – Show popup messages on the website and customize notifications easily.
3. Magento Lazy Load Images – Improve website performance and speed by loading product images only when required.
4. Social Sharing Extension – Set up social media sharing buttons on any page you want and increase your chances of going viral.
5. Backend Reindexer – Use the extension to update indexes with accurate information.
Multiple Flat Shipping Rates Extension – Offer up to five shipping options to customers and let them choose the one that suits them the best.
What are the Pros of choosing Free Magento Extensions?
1. The biggest pro of a free Magento extension is that it is free of cost. You do not have to spend a dime to install the extension.
2. You can save a fortune by choosing a free extension and still customize your store on a budget.
3. Often, free Magento extensions cater to the general requirements of store-owners. And, they are easy to install without the need for a dedicated Magento developer. So, you do not require expert configuration/coding skills to install the extension.
Are there any Cons of Free Magento Modules?
1. If you are looking for specific customization for your store, you may find that free Magento extensions are limiting.
2. You will only find basic features in free extensions. To get more dedicated functionalities, you may have to pay for custom Magento modules.
3. If you do not research while choosing the Magento extension development company, you may end up with an extension full of bugs and errors. So, take time to research and decide.
If you want to choose a free extension from a third-party developer, choose a legitimate company and discuss your concerns in detail to avoid putting your livelihood at risk. You can also seek support services from the developer to help you avoid any issues later.
Paid Magento Extensions: Premium Customization made Easy
Just as there is no lack of free extensions, there are many premium Magento modules. If you have the budget to spend on superior features and customized functionalities for your e-commerce website, you can consider a paid Magento extension.
What are the Most Popular Paid Magento Extensions?
Here is the list of most popular Magento extensions that you can get for a price:
1. Magento Import Export Products Extension – Use the module to upgrade your e-commerce store by importing/exporting all types of products.
2. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension - Create diet-HTML pages to ensure a faster loading speed on mobile devices.
3. YMM Product Parts Finder - Display customized filters and let customers shop for products based on year, make, model, etc.
4. Out of Stock Notification Extension – Let customers subscribe for out-of-stock products so that they can purchase when the products are back in stock.
5. Magento Abandoned Cart Extension – Keep track of abandoned carts and send reminder emails to encourage customers to come back to the store.
What are the Benefits of Paid Magento Extensions?
1. Paid Magento extensions have superior features to their free counterparts, thus making them a beneficial option for businesses.
2. Premium Magento modules have fewer bug issues. They are often easier to maintain.
3. You do not have to worry about hiring a dedicated Magento development team to customize your store. Instead, you can pay for the extension at a reduced cost and enjoy superior store features.
4. Often, Magento extension development companies provide free support on paid extensions and offer several benefits including, a money-back guarantee and free lifetime updates.
What are the disadvantages of choosing a Paid Magento Module?
1. The main disadvantage is the cost of the module. If you buy a Magento extension without thorough research and price comparison, you may find yourself with an expensive extension.
2. Also, choosing a paid extension does not mean it is free from errors and bugs. It only means the developer will help you sort out the issue because of the monetary transaction.
Your Goals Make your Decision
Whether you choose free Magento modules or select premium M2 extensions, the first thing that requires your attention is your need for customization. Why do you want to have the extension?
Understand your immediate needs and future goals to choose the module. You will find many similar extensions with slightly different variations in features. To make your decision easier, you must know the importance of the extension for your business. If it is something non-negotiable for the success of your business, you can afford to invest in it. If the extension only adds an aesthetic value to the e-commerce store, you can choose a free option.
I am a specialist in Magento extension development. I have helped several store-owners in achieving their business goals with custom Magento extensions and plugins. Connect with me to know more about incredible Magento modules that will take your business to the pinnacle of success.
Web Design Articles1. Why React Native App Development Service Is Popular Amongst Mobile Apps?
Author: Dilip Manek
2. Why You Need The Mobile App Development Company
3. How To Find The Best App Development Company For Your Business
4. Why Choose A Web Development Company?
5. How Can A Graphic Design Company In Pakistan Help You?
Author: William Mark
6. Website Services - Livsite
7. Ting Du Skal Overveje, Før Du Får En Magento-webshop
Author: Noah Nielsen
8. Will Php Still Remain Relevant In The Next 10 Years?
Author: R Pande
9. Shopify Vs Magento - The Basic Differences
Author: Rosario Berry
10. Can You Briefly Explain The Process Of Creating A Website?
Author: R Pande
11. Seo Experts About Future Of Seo
Author: anurag kumar
12. Principles Of Modern Web Development
13. Must Haves For Government Websites In 2022
Author: James Brown
14. How Can You Convert Your Website Wix To Wordpress?
15. What Is The Best Way To Become A Successful Freelance Web Designer?
Author: Matthew John