ALL >> General >> View Article
Pytest Vs Robot – Which Automation Testing Framework To Choose?
Are you confused about which framework to start within python?
Let’s understand what these frameworks are and how to choose between them with their usage.
Robot Framework is an open-source, keyword-driven test automation framework for Acceptance Testing and Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD). A keyword-driven test approach means capabilities implemented in python can be extended by its test libraries.
Acceptance Testing with Robot Framework:
The test cases in Robot Framework are user-oriented and are not too technical. That is, it has an easy-to-use syntax for test data that allows you to automate tests using keywords.
Acceptance Test-Driven Development:
Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) is an important agile practice merging requirement gathering with acceptance testing. It is simple enough so that also non-programmers can create and understand test cases.
Why Robot Framework?
This framework is mostly used as a less technical skill is required as compared to programming-language based frameworks Therefore, Can be used by team ...
... members that have less experience in programming.
For example, Product owners could express acceptance tests using the framework, without having to know the details of how the product is implemented.
Also, a well experienced technical person can also write keywords in their language of choice to test small functions as for unit testing and integration testing.
Some brief useful points for Robot Framework:
Because of its keyword-driven approach, Robot Framework can be used to test the following application:
a. Desktop applications
b. Web applications
c. Mobile applications, and SOAP-based services.
It is possible to write tests that work cross-platform (ie: the same test case can be used to test both an android and iOS application, or for testing a web application that can be executed on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari).
One of the great strengths of the robot framework is that it is highly extensible.
a. You can plug in a library in Pytest to use selenium to run a browser.
b. You can plug in a database library to directly access databases.
To read more, please click on the link below,
General Articles1. Top Parenting Tips For Single Mothers
Author: Single Parent
2. Office Furniture - The Most Indispensable Entity Of An Office
Author: office master
3. A Simple Guide To Disable Notification Badges In Windows 11 Taskbar
Author: Windows 11
4. Facebook Refrained From Making Changes That Could Curb Viral Content
Author: Brielle Harris
5. Stainless Steel 310/310s Seamless Pipes & Tubes Application & Uses
Author: Ketan Mehta
6. How To Perform An Eco-friendly House Move
Author: Andrew Bain
7. Ipad Mini (2021) Review: Apple’s Pocket-friendly Smallest Tablet
Author: Brielle Harris
8. Practical Reasons To Use A Legal Lead Generation Service To Get The Best Legal Leads For Lawyers
9. Android And Ios Users Now Can Host Twitter Spaces
Author: Elina John
10. Top 6 Testing Trends In 2021
Author: Fleek IT Solutions
11. How To Become A Freelance Digital Marketer
Author: Sara Joshi
12. Need To Write An Essay?
13. Need To Write An Essay? How To Properly Format The Work?
Author: Sandra J Harton
14. There Is No Sword Like Zulfikar': Exactly How The Legendary Blade Caught The Creativity Of Shia Muslims
Author: Lucas Henry
15. All About Call Center Software
Author: Vihaan Agarwal