ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is A Frozen Embryo
Frozen Embryo Transfer
(FET) is a part of IVF treatment where a frozen embryo, which is created using a full IVF cycle, is thawed and transferred into a woman’s uterus, under the guidance of ultrasound. Embryos are transferred into a woman uterus by a simple painless procedure.
In an IVF
cycle, one or more embryos develop, and these embryos are usually frozen for later use. Usually, only one or two embryos are transferred into the women’s uterus during an IVF cycle as there are more chances of multiple pregnancies. The remaining embryos are frozen for future use. The embryos in day 2 (four-cell stage) - day 5 (blastocyst stage) are frozen to be used. These embryos are transferred to a freezing machine where the temperature is made to drop rapidly to -150 degrees Celsius and then stored in liquid nitrogen tanks at -196 degrees Celsius.
Sometimes even fresh embryos are transferred without freezing the embryos and this is called a fresh embryo transfer or just embryo transfer. Freezing the embryo gives you more chances of pregnancy with one hormone stimulation cycle and egg retrieval. If that cycle ...
... has not resulted in pregnancy then the frozen embryo is transferred into the woman’s uterus, so you will not have to again through the hormone stimulation cycle.
The success of the frozen embryo has increased substantially because the chance of pregnancy increases per egg retrieval from the uterus. It saves a lot of time and money.
Currently, GarbhaGudi follows a “Freeze-All
” policy in IVF cycles as the success rates in FET is more than fresh transfers. The success rate in FET cycles depends on various factors like
Quality of the embryos
Freezing and thawing techniques
Quality of the media used for freezing and thawing
Skills of the embryologist
Embryology lab conditions
Skills of the clinician who is transferring the embryo
Luteal phase support that is given after the transfer
The ability of the woman’s uterus to support the growth of the fetus
For more information,
Call us on- 888 000 09 09
Visit us at - Best Infertility Treatment IVF Centre in Bengaluru
Follow us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/garbhagudiivf
Health Articles1. 5 Natural Ways To Improve Your Memory, According To Experts
2. Buy Zolpidem Tartrate 10mg Pills Used For Sleeping Issues
3. How To Find The Right Cardiologist For Heart Issues
Author: Sunil Dutt
4. Herb Supplements For Weight Loss
Author: Jimme Stratton
5. Centesis Catheters Market Worth $633 Million By 2025
Author: Markets and Markets
6. Vascular Closure Devices Market Is Expected To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2026
Author: Markets and Markets
7. How To Choose Healthy Food For Home Delivery?
Author: Dr. Achyutan Eshwar
8. Assembling A Bicycle Do It Yourself Hypnosis | Hypnosis For A Healthy Body
9. Uae: All Set To Become A Global Healthcare Hub
Author: insights care
10. Best Chopper Ambulance Services | Limra Ambulance
Author: Limra Ambulance
11. How To Improve Your Mobility When Struggling With Freedom Of Movement Issues
Author: Aids 4 Mobility
12. Buy Xanax Online At Cheapest Rate
Author: Devender singh
13. Why Cellulose Powder Is So Important For A Healthy Life?
Author: Nb Lab Industry
14. Keep Your Digital Marketing Data Secure
15. Activities That Can Help Your Team Grow Together