ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
How Do I Choose The Best Cms?
With so many free or paid CMS available in the market like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla and many more, choosing the right CMS can seem like a tough job.
In reality every CMS is developed in a more generalised structure than any specific requirement. So there is no perfect CMS and no solution for every possible scenario. The first mistake many people and organizations make when selecting a content management system is to overlook the long-term costs of a low-cost solution, underestimate the workload of running a good content management system and forget about the requirements of the team.
1. Don't try to create your own content management software.
It is very tempting to think that your team can create a custom CMS. If you have a very large number of developers you can do it. But if you haven't, no matter how much you plan for it, your team doesn't have the years of experience to tackle many of the complexities of a CMS.
2. Avoid heavy dependency on developers
In order to make sure that you are not wasting your valuable time running behind the programmers, try using a robust CMS platform that ...
... will take care of both your requirements and security related concerns. This is going to save a lot of time that you can easily devote to more important things like forming your marketing strategy and thereby increasing traffic.
3. Make sure your CMS is scalable
Scalability should go without saying. Change is inevitable for any growing business and change affects your websites. Make sure you choose a CMS solution that can be upgraded as needed.
4. Make sure to have programmers with specific knowledge
No matter how good a content management system is, if no suitable programmer is available, it will fail. Many traditional CMS headaches arise from the need to hire highly specialized developers in a particular CMS infrastructure. Go for a system that allows your developers to leverage its strengths and code in their preferred programming language.
5. Make sure you test and get a proof of concept first.
Before you deploy the CMS to your entire site, you should test the CMS and create a proof of concept. First, implement a section of the website and have team members and end users review everything from creating pages to setting up a workflow process. Testing alleviates many problems that may not have been obvious and saves you a lot of time and money.
6. Choose an intuitive user interface
A user-friendly interface is especially important when you have a team that lives in the system every day. You need an easy-to-use solution that doesn't require a lot of technical know-how or training and that you can quickly pick up on when you log back in.
7. Make sure the CMS has proper interface to support third party APIs
Before selecting a CMS you need to figure out which third party APIs (like payment gateway etc.) you need to operate. Make sure that the CMS supports those APIs.
8. Visualize and organize your website correctly
One of the first things you need to do when implementing a new CMS or introducing a redesign is to bring all of your stakeholders together in one room and bring their requirements and contributions together.
Ambit Technologies (P) Ltd. is a front-line full spectrum web and mobile development company providing result-oriented cost-effective solutions to enterprises - big, medium and small - spread across the world. It is also a reputed IT outsourcing solution provider having catered to customers spread across 78 countries of the world. Ambit Technologies (P) Ltd. strives to keep abreast of the latest of technologies and bring in innovative ideas constantly in the projects it undertakes.
Web Design Articles1. What Is Digital Marketing Strategy And How To Create A Successful One?
Author: James Brown
2. Benefits Of Remote It Support
3. What Is The Role Of The Website Development Company?
Author: Bhavna Upadhyay
4. Your Go-to Strategy To Develop An Ecommerce App For Holiday Season
5. Free Wordpress Portfolio Theme For Creative Websites
6. Website Development In Karur
7. Step-by-step Guide To Hire The Best Mobile Application Company!
Author: Virinchi Softwares
8. Best Semiconductors Service Company In Bangalore,india
9. Wordpress Website Designers In Sydney Can Help Your Business Grow
Author: Amelia Thompson
10. Ecommerce And Augmented Reality
11. Advantage That Comes With The Use Of Printable Calendar
Author: january 2022 calendar printable
12. The Value Of Having A Professional Web Design For Your Organization
Author: Anu Sawant
13. Why Choose Wordpress Development Services
14. Free Charity Wordpress Theme For Charity Related Works
15. What Is Web Design And Whom To Ask About Web Design?
Author: Dhirendra kumar