ALL >> Search-Engine-Optimization >> View Article
Steps To Follow For Becoming A Wordpress Website Developer In 2021
According to a report generated by W3Techs, out of all the websites present on the internet, WordPress powers more than 37.8% of them. The main reason behind such a high popularity of WordPress is the fact that the users don’t need to have great coding skills to build a website on WordPress. Anyone can easily use the functionalities of WordPress through its plugins, you can customize the theme, add multimedia, publish content, and more-all without using any coding.
However, having no technical knowledge can lead to problems in the future. New users usually face issues regarding backing up the data, redesigning the website, customizing the theme completely, and most importantly securing the site. These are some of the reasons why people need to have a WordPress website developer.
... put it simply, a WordPress website designer has more technical knowledge and can easily handle the challenges that arise while creating and managing a site. But becoming a WordPress website developer isn’t that easy. You need to have certain skills to be at the top of your game.
1. You should know about coding
2. Try to find out about WordPress as much as possible
Once you are done developing your coding skills you should try to learn about WordPress and all its functionalities. Here are some of the resources that you can go through that will definitely help you become a quality WordPress website developer.
● WordPress Developer Resources
● Envato Tuts+
● WordPress Codex
● Know the Code
3. Choose the area you want to work in
Being a WordPress website designer brings to you three choices. You can focus on plugins, core software, or themes. You can always work in all the three areas but it is always good to be an expert in at least one of the areas. But these three areas are not just it. There is a fourth area that is becoming famous massively-APIs. While deciding which area you would like to work in, try to go with the one that is related to your skills and interests and not to mention the salary you wish to earn.
4. Create an environment for testing
Setting up an environment for testing your development is a must for every developer. It makes the process of developing quick and easy and also helps to come up with a better product. You can set a remote environment where you can store the plugins, core files, and theme files. This will make it possible for you to view the changes you make in a browser.
5. You should become an active member of the community
When you compare the WordPress site with any other CMS, it has the largest community that is dedicated to improving the platform. You can get a chance to come in contact with other developers in the community that will help you find the solution to your issues easily.
6. Build your portfolio
When you are looking to have a new job, you need to provide them proof of your skills and knowledge in the field. This is especially true when it comes to developing a website. If you have an impressive portfolio chances are you will get the job easily.
7. Create an impressive resume
Just like a portfolio, having an impressive technical resume is a must. Even if you are a freelancer you can provide your resume on sites like Upwork or can put it on the About Us page on your website.
Search Engine Optimization Articles1. How To Choose The Right Digital Marketing Agency And Email Marketing Company
2. Do Internal Footer Links Matter For Seo?
Author: Marisn Mackle
3. It Is About Time To Take Advantage Of Ecommerce's Benefits
Author: Ryan Shaw
4. 4 Qualities Of The Best Digital Marketing Agency
Author: Vega Prizes
5. Increase Your Website Traffic By Hiring Seo Company
Author: Harry Sazos
6. Top 8 Seo Tools Used For Conducting Website Audit
7. Ibrandtech..where End-to-end Online Reputation Management Solutions Are A Reality
8. How To Measure The Success Of Your App User Acquisition Campaigns
Author: Web Master
9. How Helpful Is Wordpress?
Author: Robin Wilson
10. Five Engagement Hacks For Facebook Campaigns
11. Why Every Business Needs Seo
Author: Anoop Krishnan
12. Top 5 Search Engine Optimization Companies In Mumbai
13. Everything You Need To Know About App Store Optimization
Author: Web Master
14. Best Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad | Seo Services Hyderabad
Author: Best Digital Marketing Company
15. Incredibly Useful Aso Tools For Your Small Business
Author: Web Master