ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is Hyperphosphatemia?
Hyperphosphatemia is a condition characterized by an increase in serum phosphate level above 4.5 mg/100 mL. The condition usually occurs due to a decrement in renal function, commonly among chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients, in which phosphate levels shoot up abnormally high. The condition may result from varying factors like an increase in phosphate intake, a decrease in phosphate excretion, or a disorder that shifts intracellular phosphate to extracellular space; the health of kidneys plays a crucial role as it is the kidneys that control the amount of phosphate in the blood. Moreover, phosphate absorption can also be increased with Vitamin D, leading to hyperphosphatemia through increased gut absorption of phosphate
What is Hyperphosphatemia Diagnosis?
The condition is diagnosed by serum phosphate measurement with specific blood tests, which measure the levels of phosphate, calcium, magnesium, blood urea nitrogen, creatinine, vitamin D and parathyroid hormone. It is important to diagnose and find the underlying cause of hyperphosphatemia to treat and restore normal phosphate metabolism.
Treatment for hyperphosphatemia depends on the underlying condition. For people with kidney disease, a combination of diet and medication is used to keep phosphate levels under control.
In patients with persistently or progressively elevated phosphate despite dietary phosphate restriction, phosphate binders are the agent of choice. These are also used concurrently with dietary restriction when phosphate levels at presentation are very high (greater than 6 mg/dl). Phosphate binders reduce the absorption of dietary phosphate in the gastrointestinal tract by exchanging the anion phosphate with an active cation (carbonate, acetate, oxyhydroxide, and citrate) to form a nonabsorbable compound that gets excreted in the feces.
What are the Hyperphosphatemia Market Share and Drug Chapters?
The drug chapter segment of the Hyperphosphatemia report encloses the detailed analysis of Hyperphosphatemia mid and late-stage pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Hyperphosphatemia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Original Source:- Hyperphosphatemia Market Size
Health Articles1. Ways To Show Respect Towards Your Partner
Author: Sage Advice
2. Future Growth Analysis Of Osteoarthritis Therapeutics Market
Author: Markets and Markets
3. Diabetologist In Kochi
Author: Dr James
4. Best Dental Clinic In Kolkata | Perfect Smile Super Speciality Dental Clinic In Kolkata
Author: Dr Shresth Kumar Bhagat
5. Tips For Ayurvedic Kidney Stone Treatment
Author: Samntha Reddy
6. Is There A Tea That Helps Bloating?
Author: Rachels tea
7. Let The Best Female Fertility Doctor In Delhi Be Your Guiding Light
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Buy Moringa Powder Capsules To Help Your Body Receive Vital Nutrients!
Author: Wilson Turner
9. What Is Better Kamagra Or Viagra
Author: Sven Furst
10. What To Look For In A Massage Table?
Author: Massage Tables
11. Body Composition Analyzers Market Driving Factors And Future Trends
Author: robert henric
12. Buy Ambien Online : Short-duration Treatment Of Sleeping Problems
13. Best Medical And Healthcare App Development Companies Of 2020-21!
Author: Ash Rakars
14. Know More Information About Doktors
15. 10 Dental Myths, Debunked