ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Evidence Management Market - Growth, Trends, Covid-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Unearthing huge amount of evidence data is no longer being preferred on spreadsheets, rather it is being shifted to a centralized repository, where there is maintenance chain of custody along with setting up of alerts for evidence management.
- Throughout the world, law enforcement agencies have been utilizing body-worn cameras as a promising tool to improve evidentiary outcomes, enhance the safety of, and enhance interactions between officers and the public. The cameras also prove to be an essential tool to assist broader law enforcement, problem-solving, and community engagement strategies within jurisdictions.
- With millions of vehicles commuting daily, car accidents are bound to happen. The usage of vehicle dash cameras has expanded significantly over the past few years due to a rise in the number of accidents and vehicle thefts, which have led to the government mandating the installation of dashcams.
- Collected data can be compromised if hackers manage to get access to the system. Even one piece of data missing/tampered could challenge law enforcement. As data is generated from various sources like ...
... e-mails, text messages, transactions, online accounts, images, and browsing histories, the evidence management system should be tamper-proof.
- However, the lack of skilled professional staff and complexities associated with cyber crimes are some of the major challenges that digital evidence management market.
- Japan has announced a USD 2.2 billion stimulus package to help its manufacturers to shift their production facilities out of China as the COVID-19 Pandemic disrupted the supply chain. The package specifies USD 2 billion for companies shifting production back to Japan and remaining for those seeking to move production to other regions. This shift in the production facilities would initially affect the revenue generation of the body-worn camera manufacturers.
Key Market Trends
Cloud Deployment to Dominate the Market
- Evidence is the backbone of policing and as crimes continue to grow in complexity, police is looking to the cloud to help manage the increase in digital evidence.
- As multimedia becomes abundant, evidence such as images and videos from mobile phones, CCTV, GPS data, SMS and Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) play a greater part in criminal investigations. Their volume is increasing day by day which s causing police to adopt cloud.
- Cloud computing provides several benefits to organizations such as increased flexibility, scalability and reduced cost.
- Deployment on cloud should be scalable, but also acknowledge the privacy and security of sensitive information. For instance, NICE Investigate solution is hosted on the Microsoft Azure Government cloud, as it meets the most stringent compliance standards in the world - including the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Security Policy.
North America to Hold the Highest Market Share
- The market for evidence management has evolved rapidly in the region. Especially, the usage of body worn camera has evolved rapidly, since federal funding programs in the United States for law enforcement body-worn cameras were announced in 2014. This funding and subsequent initiatives have stimulated and accelerated increases in the shipments of body-worn cameras in the United States. More than half of the medium to large police departments in the United States use or are testing body-worn cameras in a pilot program at present.
- Moreover, nearly one third of the 18,000 state and local police departments in the United States are purchasing body-cameras for their officers. This number is only expected to increase, fueling the market's growth positively. Also, the New Orleans Police Department plans to pay USD 1.2 million for body-cameras, with much of the cost going toward storage. According to largest law enforcement agencies in Kern County, Calif, body-worn cameras would offer a valuable service for officers and the general public.
- According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation, 43 of 68 police departments in major cities in the United States have body-worn camera programs with policies in place, with 24 making them quickly and publicly available on their department websites. At least five departments: Chicago, Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Parker (Colorado), and Washington D.C. provide the individuals who were recorded access to the footage.
- Various companies and startups have made significant investments to increase their presence in the region and aid the adoption rate in the region. The existing companies have been innovating new products, such as body worn cameras and vehicle dash cameras, to expand the product portfolio to gain market traction and increase their market share.
The market is fragmented due to data generated from various sources which is causing vendors to come up with the latest market offerings.
- April 2020 - FileOnQ Inc. announced that the Georgia State University Police Department has chosen to implement the EvidenceOnQ system to manage their physical evidence. Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the department of 134 officers chose the EvidenceOnQ software solution to improve the efficiency and integrity of their property and evidence operations.â€‹
- July 2020 - A bill by two DC area members of Congress to mandate body cameras for federal police officers, launched after the 2017 slaying of Bijan Ghaisar by two US Park Police officers, got a jolt of momentum when it was included in the House of Representatives' wide-ranging legislation on police reform.
- October 2020 - NICE launched the Evidencentral Marketplace, the first open, digital evidence management ecosystem of technology companies designed to make it simpler, faster, and more cost-effective for Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement agencies to bring evidence together, to unearth hidden evidence, accelerate case building, and address evidence disclosure challenges.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
For sample report please visit : https://www.statzyreports.com/report/sr498294/evidence-management-market
Public Relations Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
(IN) - +918484035727
(US) - +1415-871-0483
Website : www.statzyreports.com
StatzyReports is the premier global market research and business reports company based in India. StatzyReports.com functions under Statzy Market Research. We offer our expertise globally in services related to market research, business strategy consulting, surveys or questionnaire, forecast and statistical data analysis. Our experience working with major business and customer driven companies enabled us to develop some of the best winning strategies for succeeding in various global markets. Our globally renowned experts mastered the art of perfection with their unique skillset and vast experience in research and data analytics.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. 6 Reasons Why Opencart Is Best For Ecommerce Development
Author: Jonathan Paul
2. Airpods Are Not Visible On Apple's Find My Map: Here's Why
Author: Elisa Wilson
3. Top 10 Trends In Software Testing To Watch Out For In 2021
4. Discord Old Logo Vs. New: Here's Everything You Need To Know
Author: Elisa Wilson
5. Apple's 'hide My Email': Here's How It Works
Author: Elisa Wilson
6. Top Video Chat Apis To Integrate Into Your Video Chat Apps: A Comparative Study!
Author: Ash Rakars
7. What To Expect From A Cloud Computing Consulting Service
Author: Xencia Solutions
8. Common Iphone Problems And Their Solutions
Author: Charlie Wollstonecraft
9. Skills Developers Must Possess To Become An Expert In Full-stack Development
Author: Johan Smith
10. High Frequency Trading Enable Traders To Forecast Stock Trends
Author: Alan D'Souza
11. Mobile App Ideas For Food Ordering Services
12. The Role Of Machine Learning In Shaping The Ecommerce Industry
Author: Neelima Ls
13. Why Does Your Phone Hang! Do This, And It Will Never Hang Again
Author: elina john
14. How To Find A Good Commercial Real Estate Software Programs Online?
Author: David Kyalo
15. What Are The Benefits Of Installing Digital Signage For Education Purposes?
Author: David Kyalo