ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
12 Popular Materials Used For Making Hats
Do fabric names confuse you? Wondering which material suits you the most? This article will help you understand the popular materials or fabrics that are used for making Hats and their specialities. If you haven't read our previous blog on ‘HATS 101 - A guide to Hat Terms & Styles’, click here. We recommend reading it to get a complete understanding of the jargons associated with hats and their common styles.
Most Popular Fabrics used for hats
1. Cotton: Lightweight, durable, soft and breathable, cotton is one of the most commonly used fabrics to make headwear. Unlike other fabrics, it is naturally hypoallergenic—this means cotton hats will not irritate the skin. When it comes to caps, it is often blended with other types of material such as polyester or rayon; this allows the product to be more durable.
2. Twill: Cotton Twill Hats are those made of cotton that is woven in parallel diagonal ribs unlike regular cotton’s plain weave.
3. Denim: Denim hats are made of cotton in twill weave of hard twisted ply ...
... yarns. The warp thread is indigo dyed and the weft/filling thread is white. These are thicker and stronger than regular cotton. It is great for staying stylish in the sun.
4. Canvas: Blank Canvas Hats are mostly cotton or linen blended with a polymer, in plain weave, or a tighter duck weave. It is a heavy-duty fabric.
5. Brushed cotton: It is woven cotton that is brushed during the end stages of creation causing a rub against the fibers. This rub causes the fibers to raise and result in the fabric feeling soft to the touch.
6. Wool: Soft, Durable and slightly elastic, wool hats are comparable to cotton hats in terms of feel, but are usually denser and hold heat more effectively
7. Wool blend: This is not 100% wool. It has one or more other fabrics blended into the wool; however, the warmth, integrity and appearance of the wool remain in a good blend.
8. Linen: It is a natural fiber that is extracted from the flax plant. If you are looking for another natural fiber other than cotton, linen should be suitable for you. Just like cotton, Linen is very breathable and soft.Hence linen hats are very comfortable to wear on hot days. They are also great for spring.
9. Straw: Straw hats are fashionable in protecting your head from the fierce sun rays during summer. Straw is made of material from different plants such as bamboo, wheatgrass, etc. and sometimes from synthetic fibers.
10. Acrylic: These are synthetic fabrics that have a slightly coarser feel. Acrylic hats are durable, more resistant to stains and repelling liquid ("wicking"). It is also dense, making it the better synthetic for retaining heat. Acrylic is a great choice for snapbacks and beanies since they retain shape very well and can be made into any thickness.
11. Polyester: Polyester is one of the most popular materials used in making hats. It is a lighter and more breathable fabric than acrylic. The moisture-wicking property of polyester hats is excellent since it absorbs sweat from the skin, leaving it dry and comfortable.
12. Nylon: These are used to make thin and lightweight caps suitable for hot summer days. One great thing about Nylon hats is that it does not shrink. Hence we don’t have to worry about our hats losing their original shape.
Your Cap Fabric for Summer
During the hot and humid summer days you will want to wear clothing that is cool, breathable and water absorbent. Cotton hats and linen hats are usually your best bets.
It is better to avoid synthetic fibers such as polyester and polyester blends, since those tend to be water repellant and add to the sweaty discomfort during the day. Nylon hats and Acrylic hats should be avoided during summer since these fabrics make your skin prone to chafing when you sweat. Eventhough Denim hats are made from cotton, it is better to avoid it during summers since its sturdy and heavy weave makes it very uncomfortable to wear in the heat.
Your Cap Fabric for Winter
During the winter you should opt for materials that help you hold on to all the heat you can get and keep the moisture out. Wool and wool blends, fleece and polyester and polyester blends are the best choices for cold weather. Thin materials like cotton and linen that let the cold in easily are to be avoided during winter.
We hope you have got a better understanding of the popular fabrics used to make hats now than before. That being said, if you are looking for an online store to buy cheap and wholesale hats, CapBargain is here for you. All our headwears can be screen printed or embroidered with logo, name, monogram or what you like, at low competitive costs.
We have a no minimum policy - whether it be ‘n’ number of wholesale caps for a big fundraiser or just one monogrammed hat for a birthday gift, we’ve got you covered. You can visit our site https://capbargain.com or just give a call or leave a message (https://capbargain.com/contact) for our friendly customer service team to help you out.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. How To Find The Perfect Engagement Or Wedding Ring From Bespoke Jewellery Designers In Scotland
Author: Darren White
2. The Meaning Of Exchanging Wedding Rings And Things To Consider When Choosing Men's Wedding Bands In The Uk
Author: Darren White
3. Reasons Why You Need To Wear Socks With Dance Shoes
Author: Tanja Filipovska
4. Antique Vs. Reproduction
Author: Elaine Gesner
5. Hermes Scarves
Author: Lisa Wilson
6. Guide To Select The Best Colour Combination For Men Selecting A Color Combination For Clothing Can Be An Overwhelming Process. This Is Because The Op
Author: Fashion Studio
7. Cool Graphic Xxxxxl T Shirts: Affordable, Comfortable And Stylish
Author: Prachi Verma
8. Volevamo Che Il Nostro Matrimonio Ci Sentisse Davvero
Author: La coppia ha celebrato il loro matrimonio al Liber
9. New Generation Started Offering Free Sample Hats To Its Clients To Benefit Them
Author: Evan Smith
10. 10 Indian Women Who Are Making The World Crazy With Their Beauty
Author: Sanskriti Khanna
11. Interesting Facts About Beaded Gemstone Jewelry
Author: Sliver Street Jewellers
12. Why Today Kids Are Smarter Than Ever
13. A Simple Gold Band Will Increase The Glamour Of Your Finger
Author: Donnell Dean
14. Making Kaftan Official Uniform In Loungewear Section For 2021
15. Step Into The World Of Fashion With Long Sleeves T-shirts
Author: Avadhi Gupta