ALL >> Art >> View Article
3 Health Benefits From Viewing Art
We all know diet and exercise is good for you, but did you know surrounding yourself with art also has health benefits? Most of us have experienced a mood boost while viewing a cheerful piece of artwork. You may have suspected art was good for your body and soul, but now we have the science to back it up.
Health Benefits Of Viewing Art
If you’re looking to brighten up your home this spring with some fine art, know it’s not just going to look pretty. The beautiful paintings you choose could actually improve your health.
1. Decrease Depression & Anxiety
2. Increased Empathy & Critical Thinking
3. Feel Like You’re Falling In Love
1. For A Happier Life, Surround Yourself With Art
A study known as the Nord-Trondelag Health study questioned over 50,000 men and women in Norway. They discovered that participating in cultural activities such as creating or viewing art had numerous health benefits. Those benefits included a higher overall satisfaction with life and lower rates of depression and anxiety.
2. Increase Empathy & Critical Thinking Skills
At a study done ...
... at the University of Arkansas in 2014, 10,000 students were surveyed after a field trip to an art museum. The study found the students had increased historical empathy and improved critical thinking skills.
3. Viewing Art Can Feel Like Falling In Love
Viewing beautiful artwork has also been shown to mimic the feeling of falling in love. At a University in London, a neurologist scanned the brains of volunteers after they viewed 28 pieces of art. The neurologist discovered artwork can actually trigger a dopamine release in the brain.
This is the same brain-chemical we release during moments of love, pleasure, and desire.
Paintings To Boost Your Mood
Boost your mood by coloring your walls in the vibrant colors of tulips, roses, or daffodils. Or share in the joy of one of our whimsical Disney paintings on canvas.
• Sunday Morning Chapel
• Blossom Hill Church
• Streams Of Living Water
• Pools Of Serenity
• Petals Of Hope
• The Garden Of Promise
• Fountain Of Blessings
• Gazebo Of Prayer
• Eternal Springtime
• The Garden Of Hope
• Garden Of Grace
• The Hour Of Prayer
Find Your Happy Place With A New Piece Of Art
If your bare walls could use some cheer, our art gallery has some beautiful spring decorating ideas. The Art Consultants at Thomas Kinkade Galleries in Caramel, Monterrey, or Placerville, CA look forward to helping you find the perfect piece of art to usher in spring and brighten up your mood and decor.
Art Articles1. Female Artists Janet Scudder And Emily Mason Headline Shannon's Online Fine Art Auction, June 24th
Author: Sandra Germain
2. Keith Haring And His Legacy
Author: Jacob Walker
3. Mimo And Par Tokens Listed On Bittrex Global To Enable Euro Stablecoin Trading
Author: Cecilia Wong
4. How To Prepare For A Newborn Photography Session?
Author: Kevin Shi
5. When Is The Best Time To Schedule Newborn Photo Session?
Author: Kevin Shi
6. 5 Benefits Of Hiring A Video Production Company
Author: Jaxon Floyd
7. Benefits Of Ruby Gemstone
8. Wooden Art:buy Wooden Wall Watch,purse,game,table Satnd,pan Satand,cup,photo Fram,night Lump,small Box,big Box Best Price Online In India
Author: wooden art
9. Real Estate Expert Sharon Frank New Book Titled "a Home Buyer's Blueprint" Available Online
Author: Media Manager
10. Statues That Speak Affection & Bliss!
Author: Om prakash
11. Breathe Tranquility Into Your Home With Marble Statues!
Author: Om prakash
12. Patek Philippe Reference 3940 Perpetual Calendar Men's Watch Hits $50,150 In Miller & Miller Auction
Author: Justin Miller
13. Items Signed By Einstein, Washington, Gehrig, Others Are In University Archives' Online Sale
Author: John Reznikoff
14. A Famous Artist Andy Warhol
Author: Grace White
15. Painter Of Petulant Girls: Yoshitomo Nara
Author: Nancy Baker