123ArticleOnline Logo
Welcome to 123ArticleOnline.com!
ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article

How Are Commission Agreements Structured?

Profile Picture
By Author: Emily Clarke
Total Articles: 12
Comment this article
Facebook ShareTwitter ShareGoogle+ ShareTwitter Share

Commissions motivate salespeople to bring in more business for their employers. Some people are attracted to positions where they can earn commissions because it offers a way to increase income. Companies have several options for how they structure their commission agreements. People taking jobs in sales should understand the terms of the commission agreement for sales because base salaries and incentives can vary, sometimes significantly.

Base Salary Plus Commission

A commission agreement with this structure grants salespeople some security regarding their minimum income. Typically, about 60% of a person's income comes from the base salary, and the remaining 40% varies according to the sales volume.
Commission Only
A salesperson working under a commission-only agreement, also known as straight commission, relies entirely on commissions for income.

Relative Commission

A relative commission structure includes a base salary and ties commissions to quotas. For example, a sales representative might need to sell $100,000 worth of product in ...
... a quarter to earn $10,000. If the person only sells 75% of the quota, or $75,000, then the person earns 75% of the offered $10,000.

Absolute Commission

Instead of calculating commission based on its relation to a quota, an absolute plan bases commission on specific goals, like bringing in a new customer. This structure includes a base salary as well.

Straight-Line Commission

This structure gives the relative structure an extra twist in that it pays a higher commission to people who exceed their quotas.

Tiered Commission

A tiered plan increases rewards for salespeople as they achieve higher sales milestones. It allows salespeople to earn some extra money if they meet minimal sales quotas while increasing pay for high-performing salespeople who exceed their quotas.

Territorial Volume

Some companies focus on sales within specific geographic territories. Instead of tying commissions to specific representatives, the whole sales team wins if it produces enough sales within a given territory.

Companies select different commission structures based on what they can afford to pay for new sales. Employers may also value retention of good salespeople by offering a decent base salary or building in bigger rewards for high achievers. Ideally, a commission agreement for saleswill avoid being overly complicated. Otherwise, a salesperson might not be certain of a job's earning potential. Click here for more information on commission agreement for sales.

Author Resource:-

Emily Clarke writes about business software and services like commission tracking platforms, softwares etc. You can find her thoughts at commission software blog. Click here for more information on a commission tracker.

Total Views: 31Word Count: 435See All articles From Author

Add Comment

Hardware/Software Articles

1. What Are The Challenges For The Development Of The “smart Water Supply Measurement And Monitoring System”?
Author: TeamTweaks

2. How To Setup Norton Antivirus Setup?
Author: DANIEL JAMES

3. Wordpress Site Development For Better Business Promotion
Author: Eldon Broady

4. Global Voice Biometrics Market
Author: aarti

5. Global Expanded Polypropylene Foam Market
Author: aarti

6. Things To Know About Kentico Development
Author: Eldon Broady

7. Hp Printer 6970 Setup & Installation Process
Author: Steven Jhon

8. Ltl Dispatch Software By Nova, The Complete Software Solution Product Of Aurora
Author: Bruce Garcia

9. Global 3d Nand Flash Memory Market
Author: aarti

10. Global Rotary Angle Sensors Market 2021 By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast To
Author: Statzy Market Research

11. The Top 5 Must Have Features In A Credentialing Software
Author: Jack hall

12. Where Do We Find The Best Quality Digital Signage Display?
Author: David Kyalo

13. Global Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy Devices Market
Author: aarti

14. Reasons Why You Need An Asset Tracking System
Author: Vishal jain

15. The Best Mlm Compensation Plan For Startup Entrepreneur
Author: Elite MLM Software

Login To Account
Login Email:
Password:
Forgot Password?
New User?
Sign Up Newsletter
Email Address: