ALL >> Service >> View Article
Water Damage: How The Contamination Level Changes The Mitigation Process
Water damage can stem from a variety of sources, such as a flooding event. Flooding can be caused by a broken pipe, a damaged appliance, or heavy rains. Whatever the reason for the flooding is, the professional water damage mitigation process that comes after will vary depending on the level of contamination, which is why it is not recommended to perform it as a do-it-yourself project.
Professional water damage restoration service providers, such as ServiceMaster by Wright, know how to treat each water damage event the proper way. Read about the categories of water damage, how differently each category contaminates the property, and what must be done to address them individually.
Categories of Water Damage
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) designates three (3) categories of water damage, namely:
• Category 1: Clean Water - clean water does not pose threats to human health. It comes from broken appliances or sink overflows. It can quickly escalate to Category 2 if not treated immediately.
• Category 2: Grey Water - grey water can come from ...
... broken sump pumps, toilets and seepage. It may contain harmful microorganisms and cause sickness if ingested.
• Category 3: Black Water - black water is a highly unsanitary type of water, containing a significant amount of pathogens and harmful substances. Water in this category can come from sewer backups, flooding from rivers and streams, overflows from toilets, and standing water with a significant amount of bacterial growth.
How Contamination Levels Affect the Mitigation Process
As mentioned, there are different categories of water damage and each require a specific type of treatment. Professionals depend on factors, such the level of contamination, in order to perform the solution best suited for the damage involved.
• Category 1 - for Category 1 water, the process can be as easy as drying the damaged area without having to remove a significant amount of damaged material.
• Category 2 - for Category 2 water, cleanup may be performed as the water involved may contain contaminants. There may not be a need to dispose of materials as long as they aren't saturated and can be sufficiently disinfected.
• Category 3 - Category 3 water cleanup can be a complicated process, since the water involved is grossly unsanitary. Materials that came in contact with the contaminated water would have to be removed to ensure that all microbes are gotten rid of.
Our Water Damage Restoration and Repair Process
When it comes to professional water damage restoration, ServiceMaster by Wright is Florida's trusted choice. Our process involves:
• Contact ServiceMaster by Wright
• Inspection and Assessment
• Water Extraction
• Structural Drying and Dehumidification
• Cleaning and Disinfection
• Restoration and Repairs
Contact ServiceMaster by Wright for Professional Water Damage Mitigation in Florida
Comprehensive and complete water damage mitigation can only be performed by professionals. Do not be tempted to do it on your own, because improper methods and equipment may worsen the damage and rack up costs.
ServiceMaster by Wright has been Fort Myers, Florida's leading water damage restoration and cleaning company for over 40 years. We have helped thousands of residential and commercial property owners bring their property back to pre-loss condition after water, storm or flood damage.
We have been certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) and have conformed to the highest quality restoration products, equipment, and methods available in the industry.
ServiceMaster by Wright is also a Preferred Vendor for some of the top insurance carriers in Florida. Our Certified Technicians have undergone extensive training to receive multiple certifications, and can handle any disaster-cleanup claim associated with fire, storm, and water damage.
Contact ServiceMaster by Wright at (239) 431-9947 or connect with us online for more details. We are servicing residential and commercial properties in Bonita Springs, Bradenton, Cape Coral, Captiva, Englewood, Estero, Fort Myers, Iona, LaBelle, Lehigh Acres, Longboat Key, Marco Island, Naples, North Port, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, San Carlos Park, Sanibel Island, Sarasota, Siesta Key, and Venice, Florida.
Service Articles1. How To Find Bpo Service Provider In India
Author: Vaishali Deshpande
2. 4 Environmental Advantages Of Corrugated Packaging
Author: Onyx Packaging Corporation
3. Are You Facing The Problem Of A Blocked Drain And Searching For A Plumber In Melbourne?
Author: plumbers Melbourne
4. Elucidate The Role Of Comfort Bed In The Life Of An Anxious Pet
Author: Kevin Jeff
5. Ứng Dụng Của Cột đèn Trang Trí Sân Vườn Vào Thực Tế
Author: Nc Lighting
6. Types Of Metalizing Wire
Author: Blast Room
7. Abrex 600 Steel Plates
8. Reap The Benefits Of Employee Tracking Application
9. Cloud Storage Is The Perfect Solution To Keep Your Memories Safe With Photo Storage
10. What Makes Rental Companies So Popular?
Author: Donald Knuth
11. 4 Important Signs That Show Your Coffee Machine Require Repairing
Author: Neri Lotti
12. Tv Advertising: How It Can Help Small And Medium Enterprises
Author: Alastair Noble
13. Báo Giá đèn Led Dây Trang Trí Ngoài Trời
Author: Nc Lighting
14. Our Team Provide High Quietly Translation Services
Author: Translation in Dubai
15. When Should You Repair Your Ac Unit In Cape Coral
Author: Caloosa Cooling