ALL >> Health >> View Article
Analytical Sensitivity Of Hiv P-24 Antigen In 4th Generation Hiv Product Insert
To avoid pointless delay of evaluation, the drug controller general of India has ordered all the manufacturers as well as the importers of the 4th generation HIV in-vitro diagnostics kits to provide the analytical sensitivity for HIV P-24 antigen on kit insert.
DCGI gave this necessary direction after the National Institute of Biologicals or NIB in Noida figured out that various manufacturers of 4th generation HIV in-vitro diagnostics kits are not mentioning the sensitivity required for HIV P-24 antigen on the product. This delays the required evaluation of the diagnostic kits.
Taking this on a serious note, Dr. VG Somani, the DCGI, asked all the licensees to do upgradation of the product insert and include the analytical sensitivity for HIV 24 antigen to make sure the evaluation is done correctly.
HIV is a virus that attacks the immune system of the human body. When left untreated, it leads to AIDS. When someone is exposed to HIV, the human body produces an antigen called P-24. This protein is found in those people having an acute infection. It triggers the immune system to respond to the disease. The ...
... fourth-generation test can recognize both HIV-specific antigen P-24 and HIV antibodies with the sample of blood. This helps in identifying the virus much sooner than early tests.
With a fourth-generation test, HIV can be easily detected within a span of four weeks after the person has acquired infection. It helps in the early treatment of the disease. Because of early detection and its treatment, people who have HIV can live a lengthy as well as healthy life.
NIB is considered as the Central Medical Device Testing Laboratory under rule 19 of Medical device rules 2017. It carries out all tests as well as evaluation of all in-vitro diagnostics for human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B surface antigen and Hepatitis C virus, blood grouping sera, fully automated analyzer based glucose reagent.
Health Articles1. Trocars Market Worth $762.3 Million By 2023
Author: Markets and Markets
2. Looking For An Online Booking Appointment Platform In India?
3. Best Gifts For Your Significant Other In 2021
4. Why Is Now The Right Time To Begin Your Cbd Business?
5. What Makes A Clinic Different Than A Dentist's Office?
6. What Is Hypnosis?
Author: Becky Hays
7. C-leg And Its Benefits
Author: Sudarsan Swain
8. Otolaryngology Practices- Now Solve All Your Medical Billing Issues With 24/7 Medical Billing Services
Author: Danny Johnsmith
9. Is Your Massage Therapist Inviting Spirits Upon You?
Author: william sons
10. Benefits Of Integrating Ai Tools Into The Clinical Workflow
Author: Marteck Solutions
11. Surface Disinfectant Market - Anticipated To Witness High Growth In The Near Future
Author: robert henric
12. What Is Hatha Yoga: Build Strength And Improve Focus With This Practice!
13. How To Maintain Your Tooth Implants? Read This Guide
Author: Paulo Pinho
14. Using Appropriate Modifiers To Enhance Collections For Podiatry
Author: Danny Johnsmith
15. Residential Air Purifiers Market Worth Usd 13.6 Billion : Increasing Urbanization And Indoor Air Pollution
Author: Rama Sharma