ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
How To Secure Piano Music Instruments?
You love to play the piano and bought one home recently. However, you are not concerned about its protection, considering that you will keep it in the best shape forever. If you think alike, you are not the only one. Most musical instrument owners deem this way and are confident that nothing could ever harm their musical gear. But, the reality is different.
Musical instruments, regardless of their families, are delicate and valuable. Most importantly, these are so very prone to damage and loss. So, protecting this investment is probably the first thing that should come to your mind.
Yes, of course, you will take the best care of your gears. However, certain things are out of our control, such as natural calamities, theft, vandalism, etc. So, for ensuring the protection of your piano against all these external factors, you need dedicated Piano Insurance.
What scenarios can harm your piano?
Buying a musical instrument insurance policy can cost you hundreds and thousands of dollars, irrespective of the type of piano you own. So, if ...
... you are not convinced to make such an investment yet, here are some of the instances that people usually come across that may lead to damage or loss of their musical gears. Let us take a look:
● Water damage due to flood or a plumbing accident
● Being overexposed to heat or humidity
● Being stolen or damaged during transportation
● Damaged beyond repair in a house fire
● Theft from an unattended vehicle
● Stolen or lost in transit
These are some of the many cases that people come face to face owing to their musical gears. So, if you think that your home insurance plan will protect your piano against all these and other similar scenarios, you might not be on the right track.
Why not your home insurance plan?
Does your home insurance not offer any coverage to your gears? If so, then why do people go for it? Quite an obvious question, indeed! A home insurance plan is likely to offer coverage to some extent to your non-commercial musical gears. So, if you are looking for complete coverage, it is better to buy standalone Piano Insurance.
If your musical gear suffers water damage due to a leaky roof or other plumbing issues, your home insurance might cover your piano. However, this cover is subject to insurance policy limits. So, while evaluating your insurance needs concerning your musical instrument, it is highly advisable to consider the following pointers:
● Your home insurance is more likely to have high deductibles. However, some musical instrument insurance plans often provide you with no-deductible choices.
● Your home insurance plan is less likely to offer full-risk coverage to your musical instruments if those are used for commercial purposes and paid concerts. All-encompassing insurance designed for musical instruments ensures that your gears are protected from all possible risks.
● Your home insurance plan is least likely to cover your musical instruments outside your home. An instrument-specific insurance plan offers protection to your gears everywhere, even on the go and world tours.
● Your home insurance policy probably will not cover accidental damage. However, your standalone musical instrument insurance policy will cover all sorts of accidental damage until it is intentional.
Owing to the potential limitation associated with your home insurance policy in light of your musical instruments, many musicians look for a separate insurance plan for their gear to meet their needs in the best possible way. So, you should also do the same.
Dear reader, we know that your piano is close to your heart, and you can go to extra lengths to protect it from whatever comes across. However, you cannot predict a mishap. Therefore, staying prepared is the safest best.
Insurance Articles1. How To Protect Your Guitar From Damage And Theft?
2. 5 Ultimate Tips For Car Maintenance
Author: Siya Patil
3. Piccolo Insurance: The Lifeline Of An Instrument Musician
4. Stay Peril-proof With Music Dealer Insurance
5. Some Helpful Tips For Getting A Clarinet Instrument Insurance
6. Never Let Your Musical Career Hit A Rough Patch, Get Orchestra Insurance
7. How To Calculate Car Insurance Premium?
Author: Patil Siya
8. Flute Insurance: Some Faqs To Help To Make The Right Choice
9. Musical Instrument Coverage Kicks In When Uncertainties Can Knock You Out
10. Types Of Insurance Coverage For Musical Instrument Repair Businesses
11. Residents Of Arizona Enjoy Short Term Health Insurance Benefits For Longer Period
12. What Should Be The Ideal Duration Of A Term Plan?
13. Freeing Up Claims Workflow With Digitalization To Get More Customer Retain
14. What Are The Steps To Reduce Car Insurance Costs?
Author: Abhilash Chalmela
15. Buy String Insurance Before Renting Your Instrument