ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
How To Secure Piano Music Instruments?
You love to play the piano and bought one home recently. However, you are not concerned about its protection, considering that you will keep it in the best shape forever. If you think alike, you are not the only one. Most musical instrument owners deem this way and are confident that nothing could ever harm their musical gear. But, the reality is different.
Musical instruments, regardless of their families, are delicate and valuable. Most importantly, these are so very prone to damage and loss. So, protecting this investment is probably the first thing that should come to your mind.
Yes, of course, you will take the best care of your gears. However, certain things are out of our control, such as natural calamities, theft, vandalism, etc. So, for ensuring the protection of your piano against all these external factors, you need dedicated Piano Insurance.
What scenarios can harm your piano?
Buying a musical instrument insurance policy can cost you hundreds and thousands of dollars, irrespective of the type of piano you own. So, if ...
... you are not convinced to make such an investment yet, here are some of the instances that people usually come across that may lead to damage or loss of their musical gears. Let us take a look:
● Water damage due to flood or a plumbing accident
● Being overexposed to heat or humidity
● Being stolen or damaged during transportation
● Damaged beyond repair in a house fire
● Theft from an unattended vehicle
● Stolen or lost in transit
These are some of the many cases that people come face to face owing to their musical gears. So, if you think that your home insurance plan will protect your piano against all these and other similar scenarios, you might not be on the right track.
Why not your home insurance plan?
Does your home insurance not offer any coverage to your gears? If so, then why do people go for it? Quite an obvious question, indeed! A home insurance plan is likely to offer coverage to some extent to your non-commercial musical gears. So, if you are looking for complete coverage, it is better to buy standalone Piano Insurance.
If your musical gear suffers water damage due to a leaky roof or other plumbing issues, your home insurance might cover your piano. However, this cover is subject to insurance policy limits. So, while evaluating your insurance needs concerning your musical instrument, it is highly advisable to consider the following pointers:
● Your home insurance is more likely to have high deductibles. However, some musical instrument insurance plans often provide you with no-deductible choices.
● Your home insurance plan is less likely to offer full-risk coverage to your musical instruments if those are used for commercial purposes and paid concerts. All-encompassing insurance designed for musical instruments ensures that your gears are protected from all possible risks.
● Your home insurance plan is least likely to cover your musical instruments outside your home. An instrument-specific insurance plan offers protection to your gears everywhere, even on the go and world tours.
● Your home insurance policy probably will not cover accidental damage. However, your standalone musical instrument insurance policy will cover all sorts of accidental damage until it is intentional.
Owing to the potential limitation associated with your home insurance policy in light of your musical instruments, many musicians look for a separate insurance plan for their gear to meet their needs in the best possible way. So, you should also do the same.
Dear reader, we know that your piano is close to your heart, and you can go to extra lengths to protect it from whatever comes across. However, you cannot predict a mishap. Therefore, staying prepared is the safest best.
Insurance Articles1. 5 Tips To Keep A Flute Instrument Safe
2. Know The Ins & Outs Of Woodwinds Insurance
3. Securing Your Assets: A Complete Guide To Commercial Truck Insurance
Author: Rob Newman
4. Violin Insurance: Why Should You Insure Your Musical Instrument?
5. Evolution Of The Music Industry And Revenue On A Global Scale
6. Clarinet Instrument Insurance - Cost And Covers
7. Here's Why Buying Term Insurance From India Is More Beneficial For Nris
8. What Are The Best Parts Of A Music Studio?
9. How To Get The Right Insurance For Your String Instrument: A Checklist
10. Why You Should Buy Health Insurance Now, And Not Wait Till Retirement
11. Bike Protection Reestablishment On The Web
12. Significance Of Heritage Instrument Insurance - Get The Facts
13. What Are Co-pay And Deductibles In Insurance Policies?
14. What Car Drivers Need To Know About Motorcycles
Author: Auto insureonline
15. Safety Checklist For Indoor And Outdoor Holiday Lights
Author: Auto insureonline