ALL >> Travel >> View Article
East Sikkim Silk Route Tour Packages
Silk route is referred to a trade route between China and other South Asian and other European nations. One of them is popularly covered on the Sikkim Silk Route Tour Packages. This route is a hilly Road connect Lhasa in Tibet via the Jelep La Pass to India. This route now are the parts eastern Sikkim and West Bengal. This route is a mix of ancient history and a rare geographical and natural landscape of eternal beauty. Today what we refer to Silk route is the trail starting from Kalimpong onwards moves ahead via Alagarh, Pedong cross into Sikkim side, then onwards towards the Zuluk, Nathang Valley, Jelep La Pass and ends at Nathula Pass.
How To Visit- Old Sikkim Silk Route Tour Package
This unique can be either approached from the Gangtok side and exiting via Kalimpong or prefer to start from the Kalimpong side stay at higher altitudes like Zuluk, Nathang Valley, Aritar, Rishi Khola, Sillery Gaon and return back through Kalimpong route. You can start from Gangtok and cover the entire route staying 2 nights in any of the above places and proceed towards your next destination. Or you can take a longer duration ...
... of 4/5/6 Nights stay and enjoy the unique charm of this historic route. Whichever you choose you will not repent your holidays here.
Permits & Who Are Allowed
As of now you need to procure inner line permits to go further from Gangtok towards north and onwards from Rongli. Inner line permits are issued only by Gangtok Police or from the Rongli Police check post and the entry is strictly available for Indian citizens only. One needs to have Indian identity proof and carry photographs for the permits. People of non Indian origin are not allowed in these regions it is considered sensitive for its proximity to China Border. Non Indians can however travel up to Gangtok and Aritar without any permits. Only Sikkim registered vehicles are issued inner line permits.
Best Time To Make A Sikkim Silk Route Tour Plan
The best time is between March to June and October to December. This is the time the weather is most pleasant and the vegetation in lower areas are most visually enjoyable. During winters snowfall is rampant and roads are closed most of the time. Also the temperature goes down to sub zero level making it hard for the tourists. July August September is of course the month of monsoons and best avoided due to the landslides.
Travel Articles1. Uttarakhand: A Place Of God That Will Always Awestruck You
2. Top 5 Things Not To Do With Fly Fishing
3. Exciting Tour Packages For Egypt: An Extraordinary Dream Vacation From Redrosetours
Author: Daniel Wilson
4. What Are The Significant Reasons To Choose The Best Kenya Safari Tours?
Author: Kenden Maasai Adventures Limeted
5. Why Choose Charter Bus Hire Japan?
6. Daily Tirupati Darshan From Chennai – Must-know Tips For First Timers
Author: Viswambara Balaji Travels
7. 3 Must-know Reasons To Book A Hertford Taxi
Author: Hertford Taxis
8. Kolkata City Tour Sightseeing Bus Car Calcutta Itinerary
Author: Ravi Sankar dutta
9. Social Distancing In Fort Lauderdale- Everything You Need To Know
Author: The Sea Lord Hotel
10. Top 5 Tourist Locations In South India
Author: India by Car and Driver
11. Beneficial Reasons To Book Hertford North Station Taxis
Author: David Williamson
12. 5 Nearest Day Trip From Los Angeles
Author: Evine Taylor
13. United Airlines: Senior Citizens Discounts
Author: joe ingram
14. The Most Reliable Airport Taxi Will Make Your Journey Smooth In Dallas
Author: Dfw Airport taxi
15. 20 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh With Family In Summer For A Memorable Vacation
Author: Arjun Singh