ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Automotive Mems Sensors Market - Growth, Trends, Covid-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
- MEMS sensors in the automotive industry could be used in various applications, such as tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), oil pressure sensing, pedestrian protection, and exhaust gas recirculation, among others. The market serves a wide variety of industry verticals, ranging from electronic devices to huge automotive manufacturers. The MEMS sensor market for automotive provides various advantages of high efficiency, small size, and low-cost. The growing demand for safety and security in automobiles is one of the main factors that has played a vital role in the growth of the market studied.
- Currently, the two significant trends for the automotive industry have been electrification and automation. There has been a rapid integration of high-value sensing modules, like RADAR, LIDAR, and imaging in automotive systems. As a result, the growth in the MEMS sensor's sales volume is expected to be significant during the forecast period.
- Moreover, the automotive sector is an emerging market for high-end IMUs, following advancements in applications, such as stability control, ADAS units, and crash detection systems. ...
... As the premium automakers would approach L5 autonomous driving in the next few years, the market studied would open a massive opportunity for IMU-powered MEMS sensors related to acceleration, LiDAR, and motion detection systems. For instance, In May 2019, Innoviz Technologies Ltd, a developer of solid-state LiDAR sensors, raised around USD 170 million to back BMW's LiDAR-equipped cars, which have been going to be rolled out in 2021
- Further, the emergence of electric vehicles (EV) in the industry has dramatically impacted the demand and distribution of pressure, and magnetic sensors within, and is expected to further increase the demand in the long-term. Increasing sales of electric cars, thereby increase the demand for sensors and a surge in sensors for used battery monitoring and various positioning and detection of moving parts of the automobiles. As the use cases of sensors continue to increase in automobile applications to support passive and active safety, ADAS, infotainment, and autonomous driving systems, the need for interface specifications is apparent. It is expected to be critical for future demand.
- However, automakers in the United States have faced increased pressure to shut down their factories owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. After the federal, state, and local governments started recommending people stay in their homes as much as possible. This has caused supply chain disruptions across various industries. For instance, Ford and General Motors have suspended the production at their respective manufacturing facilities in North America amid the coronavirus outbreak. Hence, such trends are expected to affect the market's growth in the short run.
Key Market Trends
Gyroscope to Witness Highest Growth
- OEMs have been trying to include the advanced features in vehicles due to the rising concerns about safety, comfort, performance, and stability. This advancement has increased the growth of electronics and reduced the convenience of mechanical components across the automotive industry. The gyroscope provides superior stability over time and temperature, thereby maintaining a higher level of accuracy required for advanced navigation systems embedded in it along with the reliability of motion-controlled functionalities.
- A gyroscope in automotive has been allowing measuring or maintaining orientation and angular velocity of the vehicle. The MEMS-based gyroscope in the ESP (Electronic Stability Control Program) is a widely accepted and powerful safety system in the automotive industry. The ESP system depends on the angular rate sensors for the stabilization of the car. It detects the vehicle's angular rate around its axis and creates the essential input to the systems that enable the driver to keep the vehicle on the track.
- Further, In the roll over detection of the vehicle, a gyroscope is applied to read the roll rate. But as only the roll angle of the vehicle is not sufficient to detect whether the vehicle is going to roll over, a low-g accelerometer is used to read vertical acceleration (Z-axis). The gyroscope used for roll overdetection is almost half the magnitude required in the VDC system but requires excellent rejection of external shock and vibration.
For more sample reports please visit :- www.statzyreports.com/report/sr497044/automotive-mems-sensors-market
North America to Register Significant Growth
- The United States is one of the largest automotive manufacturing hubs in the world. The economic growth of the region posed an impact on the sale of passenger cars and commercial vehicles. According to the American Automotive Policy Council, over the past five years, the exports from the automotive sector were valued at USD 692 billion and the automotive sector alone contributes to 3% of the region's GDP, which effectively contributes to the growth of the market studied
- With changing dynamics in the industry, automotive manufacturers are moving toward electric vehicles and autonomous vehicles, in order to meet the needs of next-generation consumers. Electric vehicle use in the United States has risen rapidly, with an estimated one percent of automotive sales in the US market coming from electric vehicles. California dominates the US market in terms of sales of electric vehicles (EVs). Its zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) program is driving the demand for EVs, by requiring automakers in the state to sell a certain percentage of electric cars.
- Additionally, the region is also expected to be one of the pioneers in adopting ADAS-enabled vehicles and self-driven transportation solutions. In addition, with the increased usage of location services for turn-by-turn navigation, the importance of not losing GPS or GNSS signal due to environments, like tunnels, parking garages, and urban canyons, has gained more prominence. Thus, many sensor solution companies have been working toward addressing this issue. This is anticipated to augment the demand for the automotive MEMS sensors in the region.
The automotive MEMS sensors market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players, with a prominent share in the market, are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
- April 2020: ACEINNA, Inc announced the launch of a new high-accuracy inertial measurement unit (IMU) sensor, the IMU383ZA. The sensor is an improved and pin-compatible version of Aceinna's IMU381ZA, and it integrates the 3-axis microelectromechanical system (MEMS) accelerometer, triple-redundant, and gyroscope sensors. Further, owing to the miniature module calibrated to -40Â° C to +85Â° C industrial temperature range enable it to provide consistent performance through the extreme environment and thereby supports a wide range of applications including ADAS and autonomous systems among others.
- September 2019: ACEINNA inc announced the ACEINNA OpenIMU330B, a MEMS-based, small form factor high-performance 6-DOF IMU that enables autonomous vehicles to accurately stay on track during turns and complicated maneuvers. Measuring only 11mm x 15mm x 3mm, the OpenIMU330B has been designed for use in automotive ADAS and autonomous systems, as well as for electronic stability control (ESC) and Lane Keep Assist functions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
For sample report please visit : www.statzyreports.com/report/sr497044/automotive-mems-sensors-market
Public Relations Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
(IN) - +918484035727
(US) - +1415-871-0483
Website : www.statzyreports.com
StatzyReports is the premier global market research and business reports company based in India. StatzyReports.com functions under Statzy Market Research. We offer our expertise globally in services related to market research, business strategy consulting, surveys or questionnaire, forecast and statistical data analysis. Our experience working with major business and customer driven companies enabled us to develop some of the best winning strategies for succeeding in various global markets. Our globally renowned experts mastered the art of perfection with their unique skillset and vast experience in research and data analytics.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Mango Dehydrator Is A Very Advanced Fruit Drying Device!
Author: DYNAMIC DRYERS INTERNATIONAL
2. Top 6 Trends In The Pcb Manufacturing
3. 5 Features Of The Perfect Online Gaming Payment Gateway
4. Importance Of Gateway Services For Gaming Industries
5. Why App Development Outsourcing Is Beneficial For Your Business
6. Dream Big For Better Business With Cost-effective Internet Service
7. Enjoy Your Precious Time Communicating Using 5g
8. When Should You Take Your Mobile Phone For Repairs?
Author: Charlie Wollstonecraft
9. How To Create An Icloud Account On Pc?
10. Does Microsoft Teams Charge Per Meeting
11. Tips For Collecting Payments While Maintaining A Positive Customer Experience
12. Continues Development Of Connection With 4g & 5g Networks
13. Technology Adoption To Improve Workplace Innovation
Author: Amit K
14. Top 5 Tips For Making Secure Online Money Transfers In 2022
15. How To Avoid Problems With Online Payments