ALL >> General >> View Article
All You Need To Know About The Latest Updated React Native Architecture!
But surprisingly, this framework became way more popular than anyone thought, despite having some flaws. To make it more powerful, it was strongly backed by the huge open-source community of Facebook. Also, in the year 2018, the Facebook team announced the re-architecture of this framework for addressing all the existing issues faced by engineers during React Native development. Today, the React Native framework has become one of the most preferred choices of developers for creating modern-day SPAs and mobile apps.
React Native is still progressing and a host of React Native development companies ...
... have emerged across the globe, due to a massive demand for this framework.
So what’s new in React Native in 2020? Well, the framework is about to release its new architecture in the market. In this article, we will have a glimpse at React Native’s enhancements in 2019, the basic React Native architecture, and its new update in 2020.
Highlights of the React Native in 2019
In 2019, React Native introduced several versions with some amazing modifications and tools for React native development. Let’s explore them.
Updates in Version 0.60
• For speeding up the development of the repositories, the team moved the main packages to distinct repositories
• The start screen was modified and made more informative.
• The helper was updated too after a long time.
• Auto-linking of the native modules, another new feature was introduced
• CocoaPods were merged as a section of the React Native IOS project
Updates in Version 0.61
• The hot-reloading and live-reloading features were replaced by the well-functional Fast Refresh feature.
• Another significant feature- React Native doctor was launched in this version which ensures that migrations and updates become hassle-free.
Updates in Version 0.62
• The team announced that Flipper, a feature that enhances the debugging of mobile apps in both- Android and iOS, will be introduced.
Overview of The Old React Native Architecture
There are 3 threads running in parallel in the React Native apps like JS thread, Native thread and, Shadow thread.
Shadow Thread does the layout calculation. It makes use of Facebook’s layout engine named Yoga for calculating flex box layout and then sends this information to the UI thread.
Native Thread does handling of the user interface. When the app needs to access native capabilities or UI needs to be updated, communication takes place between this thread and JS thread.
In this older architecture, C++ Module Bridge had to be used to make the communication possible between JS thread and Native. Every time data received from JS thread or Native had to serialized as JSON and then had to be sent to the queue and then after arrival had to be decoded. Due to the bridge that is being used for communication, there was an inherent delay in the synchronization between the native and JS code.
Highlights of Re-architectured React Native Framework in 2020
Also, there will be the implementation of a new thread-safe of the React Native UI layer. It will help in better native interoperability, faster startup, elevated UX of core components, etc.
Another update will focus on a new set of APIs for the initialization of React Native. It will be dependent on the new native module system and the new renderer. The overall aim is the improvement of the startup time.
JSI helps in the following:
• In loading JS bundle
• calling functions between JS and C++, creating JS runtime
A concept of shared ownership is being introduced in this new architecture which allows the JS code to directly communicate with the native code from the JS thread. So the serializing to JSON the messages won’t be required to pass across and all the asynchronous issues, congestion, etc. on the bridge would be removed.
This new React Native app architecture also allows better control over native modules as developers can use native modules when the need arises instead of loading all of them at the start-up level. Consequently, there is a huge performance improvement during the start-up phase.
Do you want to design a modern-day React Native app for your next project?
Since its inception, React Native has accumulated several features and functionalities that have become redundant today. So, to match the needs of next-gen apps, and other software products, the framework is cleaning away the unnecessary and outdated sections.
This new architecture is an attempt to make the React Native development services highly efficient to create performant apps. Some features have even been replaced by their advanced counterparts. The core modules like AsyncStorage and Webview have been gradually removed and changed into the community managed repositories.
Besides this update, the React Native developer tools will make the development process much easier and impactful. All this is going to help the React Native developers a big time in improving the overall work-flow, time-frames, development process, predictability, reliability, and much more.
The re-architecture of React Native is expected to get completed in the coming few years and the future of this technology definitely looks bright.
Have a look at our other core technology pages
Angular app Development Company
General Articles1. Best Astrologer In Ruwais | Famous Astrologer In Ruwais
2. Teamlogic It Services
Author: TeamLogic IT
3. How To Install Metamask Wallet: A Step By Step Guide
Author: Avery Smith
4. Surgical Skin Tightening
5. Understanding Gse Smart Iptv: Its Benefits And Features
6. What Are The Duties And Responsibilities Of A Military Nurse?
7. Happy Birthday Wishes, Messages, Quotes & Greetings In Bengali
Author: Manish Nigam
8. Sofa Refurbishing In Whitefield | Sofa Renovation
9. Choosing The Right O-ring Material For Your Application
Author: Gasco Gaskets INC
10. Responsibilities Of The Merchant Navy Sailors
Author: Rishika negi
11. Begin Making A Difference With Your Internet Marketing With These Good Ideas
Author: Richard Young
12. Complete Guide To Checking Your Mot Status And History
13. How Do I Reach Google Real Person?
Author: john Williams
14. List Of Various Payments You Should Accept As A Merchant
15. Tips For Managing Savings Accounts Efficiently