ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Whitening Your Teeth Is Important
Why Whitening Your Teeth is Important
The teeth are a vital part of the human anatomy. They are the hardest part of the human body and are essential for chewing. They also play a vital role in enabling speech (how humans talk)and in the way humans appear. They help to give shape and form to the face and help to provide the brightest and the loveliest smiles.
The teeth change over time from childhood to adulthood in several ways. An average human has two sets of dentition. The first is temporary or primary teeth which grow from when one is an infant to a toddler. Usually, they are 20 in number.
The second set is referred to as permanent teeth. They grow between ages 6 and 12 and are 32 in number. When any one of the permanent teeth is removed, it can only be replaced by an artificial one.
The human dentition is divided into four principal types. Each plays a distinct role and sits at certain parts of the mouth. They are:
The incisors are the front part of the teeth. There is four of each on the upper and lower parts of your dentition. They are sharp and useful for taking first ...
... bites into food. The incisors also help to cut food into smaller and chewable pieces.
They play a huge role in speech especially in pronouncing letters such as “l” and “t” and in the way you smile. The fact is they are the most visible part of your dentition.
These are also called canines. They are four in total; two on top and two at the bottom and they flank the incisors on both sides. The canines are pointed and located at the corner of the mouth and are ideal for ripping into and tearing food. The cuspids are the longest set of teeth and the next most visible after incisors.
After the cuspids are the premolars which are further back in the mouth and do not readily appear. They may also be called bicuspids and are eight in number with four at the top and two on the bottom. They flank the canines two each on both sides. Premolars are flat as well as ridged and are great for tearing and crushing food.
The molars are the final type of teeth. They are the largest and line the back of the mouth. Like premolars, they are flat and ridged and are used for crushing, chewing and grinding food. You can learn more about the teeth here.
There is the wisdom tooth which is a type of molar. Some people have this but it is often removed through surgery as it causes issues for the gums and the jawbone.
A single tooth is divided into different parts. These are:
• Enamel the white outer and hardest part of a tooth.
• Dentin a hard tissue layer under the enamel.
• Pulp a soft and living inner structure where nerves and blood vessels run through a tooth.
• Cementum a layer of tissue that binds the tooth to the jawbone and the gums
• Periodontal ligament a tissue that also holds the tooth against your jaw.
Health Articles1. The Tale Of White Tea And Its Array Of Uses
2. Buy Generic Cialis 40mg Online Uk | Tadalafil | Vidalista 40
Author: Pro Pharmacy Store
3. Minimally Invasive Spine And Pain Interventions (mipsi) Are Going To Be Game Changers In The Healthcare Industry
Author: Pankaj Surange
4. How To Naturally Lose Weight Fast ?
Author: Second Medic
5. Signs That You Need To Drink More Water
Author: Second Medic
6. Air Ambulance Cost From India To Usa
Author: Almas Ambulance
7. Revenue Benefits By Onboarding Dme Medical Billing Company
Author: Danny Johnsmith
8. Snus Shop Produkte Mit Weiteren Zusatzangeboten In Deutschland Und Österreich
9. Is It Safe To Whiten Your Teeth With Procedures?
Author: Akash Tiwari
10. Dental Implant- The Most Recommended Option For A Patient
11. 7 Most Common Challenges With Oncology Billing
Author: Info Hub Team
12. Snus Online Produkte Mit Weiteren Zusatzangeboten
13. Back Pain Therapy Using Painkillers And Different Methods
Author: Daniel Paul
14. The Thin Spots: Where Hair Loss Concealers Work Best
Author: Kenny English
15. Mirna Sequencing And Assays Market Worth $ 343 Million By 2024 – Exclusive Report By Marketsandmarkets™