ALL >> Health >> View Article
Here Are Four Ways To Maintain Healthy Gums - Dr. Krinita Motwani
When talking about your mouth’s health, it is not important how straight your teeth are or how bright your smile is. How can you forget your gums? Even if you do not have cavities and have the pearliest tools to chomp away, it does not in any way mean that you are immune to gum disease. As gum disease is invariably painless, most people seldom have any idea that there is something wrong with their gums. Only Dr. Krinita Motwani’s team, the best dentist in Mumbai can help you remedy the situation if there is something wrong with your gums.
What is gum disease?
When plaque builds up under and along the gum line, gum disease starts. The question that may come in your mind is ‘what is plaque?’ As described by plaque is a sticky film-like substance that is full of bacteria. This can cause infections which may in turn lead to gum disease and tooth decay. Plaque can also cause gingivitis, which is the initial stage of gum disease. Any dentist will tell you this if you seek his advice. Going forward, you can develop periodontitis, which is an advanced form of gum disease. That further leads to ...
... advanced periodontitis. Any dentist will tell you that this is a severe gum disease.
Here are four ways to keep your gums in good health:
You can floss at least once a day. This will help remove the plaque and the food particles that are beyond the reach of your toothbrush, as per the ADA. It is not important when you should floss. You can do it at night, in the morning or after lunch.
Get regular dental cleanings
The dentist will be able to detect early gum disease symptoms. But for that, you have to pay a visit to Dr. Krinita Motwani’s dental clinic in Khar on a regular basis. In this way, the symptoms can be treated before they become severe. Professional cleaning is the only way to remove tartar or the plaque that your toothbrush may have missed.
Smoking is closely associated with the onset of gum disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that smoking weakens your immune system and makes it harder to fight off a gum infection. Moreover, smoking makes it most difficult for your gums to heal once they are damaged.
Brush twice a day
Dr. Krinita Motwani’s dental clinic in Khar suggests that a person should brush his teeth after every meal. This helps remove the food and plaque trapped between your teeth and gums. You have to scrub your tongue also as it can also harbor bacteria. The Mayo Clinic says that your toothbrush should have soft bristles and it should fit into your mouth comfortably. You can consider a battery-powered or electric toothbrush.
Health Articles1. Magnetoencephalography Devices Market Size Witness
2. A Complete Guide To Bath Aids
Author: essentiala aids
3. Viewing The Body As A Tensegrity Model
Author: Ethan Robort
4. Clonazepam: The Best Uneasiness Treating Drug
5. All You Should Know About Cross-fit Training Equipment
Author: Wilder Gym Equipment
6. Xanax: Facts For Better Management For Drugs For Anxiety And Panic Attacks
7. The Guide To How To Stop Grinding Your Teeth
Author: Chomper Labs
8. Stem Cell Treatment For Autism In India By The Best Hospital
Author: Rohan Gupta
9. Why To Get Familiar With Orthodontist Insurance Plans Wait-period In Brooklyn?
Author: One Love Orthodontics
10. How Physiotherapy Can Help In Relief From Stiffness And Discomfort
11. Get Rid Of Pain Caused By Herniated Discs With Physiotherapy
12. Find The Answer To Your Back Pains With Physiotherapy
13. 5 Reasons To Have A Hearing Test
14. Where To Find The Best Therapy For Autism In New Jersey
Author: Connect Plus Therapy
15. The Keto Diet Has Six Benefits