ALL >> Service >> View Article
How To Reline A Pipe And Restore It To A Decent Condition?
Gone are the days when pipe repairing involved digging up of the ground to replace pipelines for a seamless operation. Thanks to technological advancements, you can now save the extra cost of excavation yet repair the damage points! The process which allows such an on-spot restoration is Cured-in-Place Pipelining (CIPP). New to the concept? Maybe you are or maybe not but you can be sure of its effectiveness, safety, promptness and durability. This is probably a reason why pipe relining in Cork has gained so much traction.
Even the process that follows thereafter is less exhausting. Wish to learn more about the procedure? You are in luck today because the article is all about this trenchless technology, its stages and factors to consider before relining.
Understanding the Pipe Relining Process
Pipe relining is a trenchless technology method, where experts insert a resin-saturated felt tube into a damaged pipe to cure it of damages. Typically, this happens from an upstream access point though downstream access is equally possible. However, the latter is somewhat riskier so specialists usually choose upstream over downstream access.
Now, this was just a brief explanation. For those willing to take a closer look into the process, we have a step-by-step guide to pipe relining in Cork. Interested? Let’s explore.
1. Pipeline testing - This involves inspection of the pipeline to examine the extent of the damage. Some carry out the task with a CCTV camera, whereas others utilise Electron Leak Location (FELL) equipment.
2. Unblocking of pipes - This step involves regular cleaning hacks followed by the removal of large blockages with robotic cutters and high-pressure water.
3. Final checking - Experts take a final glance through CCTV cameras to ensure that the pipes are ready for relining.
4. Repair time estimation - This step mostly involves the estimation of the time to reline the damaged pipes.
5. Pipe treatment with epoxy resin - Finally, the epoxy resin is spread into the pipe to cure the damages throughout the estimated time.
6. Curing - This is the most time-consuming step as it involves waiting for the lining to cure. You may also quicken the process through manual curing. Pour hot water and finish with UV radiation.
7. Removal of junction and inspection pits - Repair specialists use robotic cutters to get rid of junctions whereas inspections pits are taken care of with grinders and surface-level cutters.
With this, we come to the end of the pipe relining process. Many of you may question the reliability of this process. To be honest, it offers a longer-term solution as compared to the installation of a fresh set of pipes. However, one must take care of certain things while relining a pipe. Enlisted are all four factors:
1. Improper cleaning - Sometimes when cleaning is not adequate, severe problems may arise from the uneven lining. So, check for the presence of lingering debris multiple times and make sure there’s none left.
2. Tricky joints - Curing joints with epoxy resin is tough. To avoid mistakes, spend on new joints and bends without letting epoxy take a shape.
3. Tiny diameters - Epoxy requires some space at the time of hardening. So, treat only those pipelines with CIPP which are over 4-inch in diameter.
4. Damaged outer pipe - No matter how deftly you line up the inside of a pipeline with epoxy, it will never be enough for the outer surface. So, do not waste your precious time in relining it.
From the steps and physical limitations of pipe relining, it’s pretty much evident that the job is best suited for professionals. USA Ltd is one such team, adroit in civil engineering works. Feel free to approach them for a pipe relining job in Cork, Ireland.
The author has an insatiable hunger for knowledge in civil engineering works. Her writeups on
Service Articles1. What Is A Laundry Service?
Author: Hello Laundry
2. Tobacco Smoke Cleaning Services In Southwest Florida
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
3. Water Damage: How The Contamination Level Changes The Mitigation Process
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
4. The Value Of In-home Physiotherapy
5. Things To Consider Whilst Considering Storing Data On The Cloud
6. Protect Your Peoplesoft System From Security Threats
7. Rinse Your Car As A Whole From Hand Car Wash Rockville – The Preparation For Car Detailing
Author: Jeff Smith
8. Ethos Global Solutions | Global Media Management
Author: Eleza Beth
9. Advancement Tips For Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Author: David William
10. Data Masking In Non-production And Test Environments In Sap
11. E-commerce Services - Complete Solutions For Your Online Shop
Author: Softpulse Infotech
12. Importance Of A Locksmith And Things To Know Before Hiring One
Author: John Carter
13. 2 Easy Ways To Lower Your Property Taxes
Author: Aaron Rodgers
14. Useful Auditorium Design And Flooring Tips For Beginners
15. 6 Tips On Hiring A Professional Company For Commercial Cleaning Services
Author: John Carter