ALL >> Health >> View Article
An endoscopy is a procedure to make the body’s internal organs like the stomach and intestines visible through an instrument called an endoscope.
This endoscope is put into the body through the mouth and down the throat, or through the bottom where this a long, thin, flexible tube that has a light and camera at one end captures images of the inside of the body to be shown on a television screen.
Sometimes, if required, the endoscope can also be put inside the body through a small incision in the skin when keyhole surgery is being done.
An endoscopy can be used to examine unusual symptoms or perform certain types of surgery.
An endoscope can also be used to remove a small sample of tissue from the inside of the organ to investigate the actual condition more closely, which is called a biopsy.
An endoscopy might be performed to investigate many symptoms such as difficulty swallowing, very frequent stomach pain that does, very frequent condition of diarrhoea, unintentional weight loss, heartburn, week digestive problems, or blood in faces.
Gastroscopy or UGI ( upper gastrointestinal endoscopy): ...
... To look at the food pipe (oesophagus), stomach, or top part of the small intestine.
Colonoscopy: To look at the bowel. Can also be used to perform surgeries in the colon like removal of polyps
Flexible sigmoidoscopy: To look inside the lower part of the bowel.
Endoscopic ultrasound: To take images of internal organs and tissue samples. Drainage of cysts and management of chronic abdominal pain
ERCP / Duodenoscopy: to treat stones in the bile duct and pancreas and to perform procedures for stone removal and treatment of a blockage in the bile duct
Wireless capsule endoscopy involves swallowing a small capsule built with a camera and light to get inside pictures to a computer.
Endoscopy can also be used to treat and stop bleeding from the stomach and large intestines.
Surgery for removals of certain tumours can also be done using endoscopy
In the central Nagpur, Kingsway Hospitals has become the centre of choice for people affected with gastro and liver problems. Kingsway Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art labs, wards, and operation theatres fitted with the latest technology enabling to perform complex operations with ease. We adopt a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach, collaborating with other departments to provide excellent healthcare services in Gastroenterology.
Health Articles1. The Best Magento Development Sydney From The Top Magento Migration Agency Melbourne
Author: Quint Digital
2. The Global Healthcare Barcode Technology Market
3. Global Transradial Access Devices Market
4. What Are The Ways To Prevent And Dissolve Blood Clots?
Author: Affordable Rx Meds
5. What Causes Diabetes? Types, Causes, Treatment Everything
Author: Simon hayes
6. Why Composite Resin Veneers Are A Brilliant Treatment Option?
Author: Jesse Hilliard
7. Facial Cosmetic Surgery Center And Jaw Surgery
8. Top Reasons Explained By The Best Ivf Center In Jaipur For Ivf Treatment Failure
Author: Nishant Dixit
9. Why Are Disposable Gowns Better Than Reusable Ones?
Author: Swati Shukla
10. Everything You Need To Know About Food Allergies And Food Intolerance By A Naturopathic Doctor Near
Author: myvitalhealth solutions
11. Start Your Day With Better Health In Terms Of Travel Doctor In Brisbane
Author: Alester Jones
12. Be Fit And Mentally Fine With Best Treatment Of Podiatrist & Psychologist
Author: Alester Jones
13. Best Cervical Contour Pillow In India
Author: Ross Flynn
14. Best First Solid Foods To Introduce To Your Baby
Author: Isabella Whitmore
15. Pharmaceutical Isolator Market Demand, Cost, Key Players, Sales And Profit By 2027
Author: Abhay Rathod